Roster Speculation 2017-18 - Seven Deadly Roster Sins Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
We were warned that Pominville should only play 3rd line minutes. It's good if he drops to there.

Hopefully that Griffith spot is a placeholder for Rodrigues. A strong 3rd and 4th line is what I see in that shakeup and that's what we need.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Does anyone know if Deslauriers cleared waivers?

I couldn't find anything showing if he was or not.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Man that's got to be hard to take for Deslauriers - or is his contract one way? Checked CapFriendly, one way he's making $775,000 and he's a UFA end of the season so no need to feel bad for Nick.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
So have there been no updates on McCabe and Bogo?

Starting the first game of the season with injuries against Montreal...de ja vu

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
Per LeBrun's twitter, everybody cleared. Bunch on waivers today, but nobody that interesting unless you still have delusions on McIlrath or Jack Campbell.

Next few days will be semi-interesting depending on if last minute RFA deals happen, whatever Vegas does with it's extra defensemen & Jagr. Is the rule on playing overseas still the same? IE Jagr's been not playing on the team he owns because once he plays he'd then be subjected to waivers no matter who he signs with? Not sure if that has a 'start' date compared to start of NHL season.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
The waiver rule is unchanged but it only applies to players playing in a league outside North America after the start of the NHL Regular Season.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Thanks everyone. Appreciate it.

I did eventually find it buried in an article on the Buffalo news site as well.

They should both be good additions to Rochester and nice depth for Buffalo.

Glad we didn't lose either of them.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
It would have been interesting to see what Ennis and Foligno could do with this new regime.
Don't get me wrong - I like the trade and Scandella is gonna make us so much better, but with non of our considered top prospects able to make the team, it makes the situation on the wings a bit... thin. Those were two players I always liked and after watching a couple of pre-season games I just get the feeling they would fit right in.

As for the current roster, I like that Botterill has brought in players to fill the bottom 6 and sent the prospects down for (even) more seasoning instead of playing six minutes/game on the fourth line.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
It would have been interesting to see what Ennis and Foligno could do with this new regime.
Don't get me wrong - I like the trade and Scandella is gonna make us so much better, but with non of our considered top prospects able to make the team, it makes the situation on the wings a bit... thin. Those were two players I always liked and after watching a couple of pre-season games I just get the feeling they would fit right in.

Don't even want to think about it. Scandella is much better.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Ennis was done, not just the concussion issues, I was a huge Tyler fan but his flaws were never going to be corrected, some of it can probably be laid on the string of crappy coaches he played under and our generally bad organization. He could score 20+ and 50 points and I won't regret trading him. I liked Foligno, he's going to be an asset in Minnesota.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Ennis was done, not just the concussion issues, I was a huge Tyler fan but his flaws were never going to be corrected, some of it can probably be laid on the string of crappy coaches he played under and our generally bad organization. He could score 20+ and 50 points and I won't regret trading him. I liked Foligno, he's going to be an asset in Minnesota.
stalling technique?

setting up a regular season announcement of eichel's 8 yr/$92 million contract, captaincy.

#PutDownTheCrackPipeSon

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Isn't Rychel known for speed? Toronto has a glut of middle-6 wingers, his demotion I wouldn't look too hard on. I'd think that would be worth a look.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
stalling technique?

setting up a regular season announcement of eichel's 8 yr/$92 million contract, captaincy.

#PutDownTheCrackPipeSon

wtf - my post had nothing to do with the tweet about the captaincy. there was a post above it about Ennis/Foligno I commented on.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I've always liked Rychel as a prospect. He's a power forward with speed. Put up nice numbers in the AHL last season. I'd definitely be all for claiming him. Not much risk.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I've always liked Rychel as a prospect. He's a power forward with speed. Put up nice numbers in the AHL last season. I'd definitely be all for claiming him. Not much risk.
You weren't kidding about the Bipolar--just take a deep breath. He clearly meant to reply to the post above to yours and accidentally replied to yours. It's a new board system and people will do silly things like that for a while.

Reactions: dotcommunism
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad