Buffalo
7 swans a-swimming
7 year itch
7 years' bad luck
7 deadly sins
7th Heaven

etc

-----------------

See a lot have Antipin on the bottom pair, I think that's not happening. Bogo, until he proves otherwise, should be there.

Scandella - Risto
McCabe - Antipin
Beaulieu - Bogo
Gorges

And I'd like to see Guhle get around 20 games with the top club.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
7 swans a-swimming
7 year itch
7 years' bad luck
7 deadly sins
7th Heaven

etc

-----------------

See a lot have Antipin on the bottom pair, I think that's not happening. Bogo, until he proves otherwise, should be there.

Scandella - Risto
McCabe - Antipin
Beaulieu - Bogo
Gorges

And I'd like to see Guhle get around 20 games with the top club.
I guess most want Antipin to play an NHL game 1st. I think he'll be a top 4 but who knows. Bogosian has been a top 4 for 9 straight years.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Beaulieu-Ristolainen
Scandella-Bogosian
McCabe-Antipin

-Heavy, heavy o-zone starts for Nate and Risto. Watch then feast on the easy minutes, in an offense friendly system for D, and with a coach who will maximize their output.

-Scandella, combined with a system that allows "Good-Bogo" to do his thing, resurrects Bogosian into a competent, 2-Way 3/4 Defenseman. Feed them slightly higher defensive zone starts and watch them have positive (albeit maybe only slightly positive, which is fine) fancy stats.

-McCabe and Antipin pick up the rest, and surprise all of us with how well they perform. Each player complements one another quite well, allowing them positive fancy stats across the board while dealing with lesser competition in general.

I think this is the best case (and not a totally far-fetched) scenario.

*This assumes ES Minutes are fairly even in this breakdown- Only the 3rd Pair sees a slight drop off, while guys like Risto play heavy PP, Scandella heavy PK, etc.

Think 05-06 D-Pairs, as they're fairly balanced.

In general I'm with Jame's thinking of trying various combos to see what works. Though it may shake out quickly in camp or early in the season.

That said, the pairs you have would be a nice starting point. I'm assuming the roles you've assigned are Scandella/Bogo as the top matchup line with Beaulieu/Risto in a more offensive role, I'd add a secondary defensive role in the top 4 for them as well. Not sure if you getting at something more than simply an offensive role with the "very, very heavy Ozone starts" for the Beaulieu/Risto pairing.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
So Bogosian needs to prove that he's a top 4 defensemen in the NHL by excelling on the bottom pairing... but the guy who has never played in the NHL doesn't? :laugh:

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
JB and the Housley band

The roster strikes back

The minutiae thread

The "I don't like that lineup" thread

We'll see in October

Can they stay healthy

Playoffs or bust

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
- Defensive Grab-Bag
- to Kane or not to Kane
- Let the rookies play
- Wing or Center: the Sam Reinhart story
- Full Housley

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I like the "Full Housley" one, but that needs to be saved for training camp or October season opening.

My contributions:
Lucky 7

Lucky 2017-18

As a play on the award-winning movie musical Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, how about "7 wings for 7 centers"?

the Centers:
ROR
Eichel
Reinhart
Larsson
Josephson
'Zegmus'
Griffith

the wingers:
KO
Poms
Kane
Pouliot
Moulson
D-Lo
E-Rod

Last edited:

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I like the "Full Housley" one, but that needs to be saved for training camp or October season opening.

My contributions:
Lucky 7

Lucky 2017-18

As a play on the award-winning movie musical Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, how about "7 wings for 7 centers"?

the Centers:
ROR
Eichel
Reinhart
Larsson
Josephson
'Zegmus'
Griffith

the wingers:
KO
Poms
Kane
Pouliot
Moulson
D-Lo
E-Rod

7 Wings for 7 Centers gets my vote. :nod::laugh:

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
I think theres a good chance Pouliot completely flops at some point and Nylander replaces him on the team due to lack of LW depth, not cause he has shown enough to make the jump.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
I think theres a good chance Pouliot completely flops at some point and Nylander replaces him on the team due to lack of LW depth, not cause he has shown enough to make the jump.

Nylander will be ready by the end of next season, it's almost his time to shine but he needs at least another 60 games in the AHL and he has to show his offensive flair. Once that's done, he will be ready for the show

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Nylander will be ready by the end of next season, it's almost his time to shine but he needs at least another 60 games in the AHL and he has to show his offensive flair. Once that's done, he will be ready for the show
If we get injuries down the left or some players completely flop and we waive them (Moulson, Pouliot for example), don't think we have any choice but to call up Nylander. Im not advocating for it and I hope he gets at the very least 1/2 season more in the AHL but you never know with these things...

Also we may trade Kane at the TDL so thats another spot that may open that someone has to fill in.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

Even if Pouliot flops I don't think Botterill will rush Nylander. I think he'll just let it ride until a prospect earns it (be it a RW playing the off wing, Nylander, etc.). I think he'd look to the waiver wire before rushing Nylander.

Hopefully it's a moot point and Pouliot plays adequately (and Nylander earns his spot).

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
So Bogosian needs to prove that he's a top 4 defensemen in the NHL by excelling on the bottom pairing... but the guy who has never played in the NHL doesn't? :laugh:

Yeah I hate this way of thinking. Disco Dan messed this up the past 2 years by gifting Eichel top 6 lines. He should have started on the 4th line and had to prove he was a top 6 guy since he never played in the NHL.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
A mediaeval House of Cards. Need to watch from the beginning. First rate action/adventure series with great characterization.

I understand the South Park parodies of it are pretty good, too. Though I've only seen snippets of both (real and parody), your recommendation to watch from beginning makes sense from my view.
I'll see if the wife wants to put it in the queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad