Roster Speculation 2013-2014 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Meh. He's not worth Ehrhoff, or really even Myers. Perhaps we could be a third team, but if Philly values him that much, Buffalo shouldn't bother.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
@BuffaloSabres: #Sabres working on passing drill. Moulson-Hodgson-Stafford, Ehrhoff-Pysyk 1st group out. Girgensons-Ott-Adam, Tallinder-Myers 2nd.

I assume Zemgus is still at C.

That leaves Foligno-Leino-Ennis?

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I assume Zemgus is still at C.

That leaves Foligno-Leino-Ennis?

What I'm more interested in is who pairs with McNabb--McBain or Weber?

EDIT: VCV updated his post. Interesting.

Moulson-Hodgson-Stafford
Girgensons-Ott-Adam
Foligno-Leino-Grigorenko
Tropp-McCormick-Flynn

Ehrhoff-Pysyk
Tallinder-Myers
McBain-Weber

No McNabb yet. Ennis is a ? (injury?), Scott on bench makes sense. My hunch is Grigs is taking Ennis's spot.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Well, putting the Rolston chirping aside, Ehrhoff does like to play the weak-side.

Oh I know. I was being sarcastic. Ehrhoff not playing his preferred side is one of the many idiocies of Rolston's house hockey lefty/righty nonsense. It's been bugging me since camp.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Meh. He's not worth Ehrhoff, or really even Myers. Perhaps we could be a third team, but if Philly values him that much, Buffalo shouldn't bother.

I'm not interested in B. Schenn. I think he'll become a consistent 60-65 pt scorer through his prime years, but he's not very good defensively and will require more O-zone starts. In other words, I think he's too similar to Hodgson to give up a great asset. Hodgson and Grigorenko (if he's not a bust) are going to be the centers requiring protection, so I'd rather not take on another. (Plus, we don't know who we're drafting in the top-5 next year.)

Of the names floating around that may be available, I'm most interested in Jake Gardiner. Kid is slick in the offensive zone even if it hasn't translated to points recently, and I don't think we have PPQB in the system right now at forward or defense. I think he's close to a Campbell-esque breakout.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
I'm not interested in B. Schenn. I think he'll become a consistent 60-65 pt scorer through his prime years, but he's not very good defensively and will require more O-zone starts. In other words, I think he's too similar to Hodgson to give up a great asset. Hodgson and Grigorenko (if he's not a bust) are going to be the centers requiring protection, so I'd rather not take on another. (Plus, we don't know who we're drafting in the top-5 next year.)
Yeah, I was looking at B Schenn as an opportunity to buy low on a top 9 C/W if Holmgren is giving away value for positional need a-la JVR/Schenn.

Of the names floating around that may be available, I'm most interested in Jake Gardiner. Kid is slick in the offensive zone even if it hasn't translated to points recently, and I don't think we have PPQB in the system right now at forward or defense. I think he's close to a Campbell-esque breakout.
Grigorenko. Completely dependent on his development, but PP distribution is kind of his thing. And I was gonna start talking about how the kid was sheltered defensively and not particularly good there, but that's actually not true. He was pretty alright as far as goal prevention went, and had the best possession stats on the Toronto blueline. I'd be down.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It isn't surprising Ennis isn't out there after a couple of the hits he took last night. Maintenance and all that.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
It isn't surprising Ennis isn't out there after a couple of the hits he took last night. Maintenance and all that.

Not just the hits he took, he threw a couple that surprised me too.

While it's nice to see the compete, he needs to know who he can take a run at and who he can't.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@pham1717

Nolan said Ennis should play tomorrow and that Adam and McNabb will both play. He said he liked 28 at center, but is moving him back to wing

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Wow, so who's coming out? Can't imagine they will sit Scott with Rinaldo and Rosehill dressed.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Guesses for tomorrow nights game

Moulson-Hodgson-Stafford
Foligno-Leino-Ennis
Girgensons-Ott-Adam
Tropp-McCormick-Flynn
x Scott, Grigorenko

Ehrhoff-Pysyk
Tallinder-Myers
McNabb-McBain
x Weber

Miller
Enroth

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Wow, so who's coming out? Can't imagine they will sit Scott with Rinaldo and Rosehill dressed.

I think Nolan will sit him. He doesn't want Scott to be just a staged-fight goon. Sitting him out in a game that's exactly like that would reinforce that message. McCormick and Tropp can pick up the fights if needed.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Here's hoping this put the fear of almighty god in him.

I wouldn't mind keeping him up if he's going to work.

Wipe the slate clean as Nolan has been saying by letting him work his butt off in practice. If he shows sustained effort in practice, then give him some games with skilled players to show if it translates to game action.

IMO, Nolan should have stayed with the Grigs-McCormick-Tropp line instead of sitting Grigs in favor of Scott. They actually looked pretty good together for a couple of games. Scott was de-fanged any way coming off of his suspension and with the league watching him so closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad