Speculation: Roster Speculation 2013-14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Isn't Girgensons cut off....now? He's at 9 games played.

Playing 10 kicks in the ELC. If they want to delay him they can send him down now.

McCormick placed on IR. Gives room for Risto.

this probably was retroactively done to the last game.

So Ristolainen was recalled. What was the roster move to have room to add him?

Risto on paper was sent down but he isnt going to report to Rochester. I dont know if h was recalled or not yet.

Girgorenko on the wing is nice to see

they had offspring?????

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
A bit of an interesting tidbit from Darren Dreger today: apparently teams calling on Miller and Vanek this summer were told to wait until around December so that they could evaluate the team first.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
A bit of an interesting tidbit from Darren Dreger today: apparently teams calling on Miller and Vanek this summer were told to wait until around December so that they could evaluate the team first.

Disappointing foresight. You didn't have to be Nostradamus to see this team would struggle. You had to be an extreme optimist to think they would be good.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Makes sense I suppose. Could have struck lightning in a bottle.

Gotta figure at this point it's open season though.

Neither one's value is going to change much. Miller has little value as it is, so I think it was kind of smart to hold onto him and hope that injuries strike (NYR) or some team's goaltending implodes (EDM).

Vanek? Can't hold onto him too much longer, with his propensity for getting and playing hurt. Getting near extend now or deal time for him.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Hey fellas just wondering what the immediate plans are for Zadorov. Will he stick around or is management just testing the waters with him? Cheers.

PS. Still can't believe you got Hodge for Kassian. He's maturing alot faster than I thought.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Hey fellas just wondering what the immediate plans are for Zadorov. Will he stick around or is management just testing the waters with him? Cheers.

PS. Still can't believe you got Hodge for Kassian. He's maturing alot faster than I thought.

He's going back to London I hope, even though he's been good. If he's not, I'm going to be pissed.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Who knows what Darcy is thinking.......

They will probably let him play about 6 games and then decide what to do with him. The feeling is he will get sent down to the OHL after he has some experience playing in the NHL.

He is expected to be part of the NHL club next year from the start of the season.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
What to do for the this weekend?

As part of the 23 man roster we have 11 forwards and 8 D.

1. Do we re-assign Ristolainen again to make room for a forward?

2. With Kaleta and Scott out, do we need an enforcer in the lineup? Will McCormick be ready?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
What to do for the this weekend?

As part of the 23 man roster we have 11 forwards and 8 D.

1. Do we re-assign Ristolainen again to make room for a forward?

2. With Kaleta and Scott out, do we need an enforcer in the lineup? Will McCormick be ready?

McCormick was placed on the IR. By rule he needs to be on there for 7 days.

In the short term just dress 7 Dmen and put McBain/Dman as a winger on the 4th line if you need to skate the 4th line.

the other option is they basically rotate the third line among 5 players

the other option is double shift players.

I saw a few games back they did this with Ennis skating with Grigorenko.

Actually Buffalo doesnt need an enforcer the next batch of games. If you think the enforce is really only needed for games against Boston, Montreal, Ottawa, Tornoto, and maybe Philadelphia....then he wont be needed for their next games:

@ FLA
@ TB
DAL
@ NYR
ANA
@ SJ
@ LA
@ ANA
LA

TOR
@TOR

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Yes but apparently if he plays less than 40 games he goes to UFA a year later

I dont recall if its 40, but he has to play a minimum number of games for it to be accrued as a yr in the NHL and thus start the UFA clock.

Onve Buffalo forwards are healthy (maybe thanksgiving) they will have to send some players to Rochester. Gigensons and Larsson are the likely the ones to be sent down to rochester.

they will also likey have them play with Rochester when Rochester plays over in Europe in that tourney.

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
Am I missing something? Scott won't play for a while, and now they waive Porter. Is there a move coming? If not, who plays?

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Am I missing something? Scott won't play for a while, and now they waive Porter. Is there a move coming? If not, who plays?

John Vogl ‏@BuffNewsVogl 3h
The Sabres have waived Kevin Porter, according to @FriedgeHNIC. Demotion to Amerks (if not claimed) opens spot for Cody McCormick.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
Actually Buffalo doesnt need an enforcer the next batch of games. If you think the enforce is really only needed for games against Boston, Montreal, Ottawa, Tornoto, and maybe Philadelphia....then he wont be needed for their next games:

@ FLA
@ TB
DAL
@ NYR
ANA
@ SJ
@ LA
@ ANA
LA

TOR
@TOR

Tampa has the most fights in the NHL. However for the most part you are correct.
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/24/bolts-dont-like-to-be-pushed-around-lead-nhl-in-fights/

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
McCormick was placed on the IR. By rule he needs to be on there for 7 days.

In the short term just dress 7 Dmen and put McBain/Dman as a winger on the 4th line if you need to skate the 4th line.

the other option is they basically rotate the third line among 5 players

the other option is double shift players.

I saw a few games back they did this with Ennis skating with Grigorenko.

@ FLA
@ TB
DAL
@ NYR
ANA
@ SJ
@ LA
@ ANA
LA

TOR
@TOR

Tampa likes to rumble

FanboySlayer*

McCormick is awful. Career minor leaguer, delusional to imagine him as anything more.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
McCormick is awful. Career minor leaguer, delusional to imagine him as anything more.

Cody's tenure in the NHL with multiple clubs would tend to discredit your viewpoint... Now, career 4th liner - Sure that's far more accurate... He's not Adam or Gragnani !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad