Speculation: Roster Speculation 2013-14

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
A new season calls for a new roster speculation thread. Mods, feel free to edit anything, I just thought I would get the ball rolling.

Proposal: Stafford for Erat

Same money, same term. Erat is currently playing on the 4th line in Washington, maybe this could help spark both players. I see Erat as a better fit with Vanek and Hodgson.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Proposal: Stafford for Erat

Same money, same term. Erat is currently playing on the 4th line in Washington, maybe this could help spark both players. I see Erat as a better fit with Vanek and Hodgson.

Stafford, Miller, 2014 3rd

for

Erat, Holtby, 2015 1st

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Erat has more value than stafford due to a bit more career consistency

Miller for holtby AND a 1st is laughably in Buffalo's favor

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND
Erat has more value than stafford due to a bit more career consistency

Miller for holtby AND a 1st is laughably in Buffalo's favor

Yeah, Buffalo robs Washington in that deal.

Stafford for Erat would probably work for Washington to get a little bit of extra wiggle room under the cap for this year and next. I'd be willing to do that because I think that (a) Erat is the better player and (b) he would be more valuable than Stafford to trade as a rental at the 2015 deadline. Both players would probably benefit from a change of scenery. Could you imagine Filip Forsberg turning into Drew Stafford for them? :laugh:

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
I really hope that if Colorado is feeling out offers for ROR in February that Regier will at least inquire.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I doubt Colorado is looking to move ROR. That rift was between ROR's camp and Sherman/Lacroix; one is gone and one has been marginalized. It sounds like they want to sign him long-term.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I really hope that if Colorado is feeling out offers for ROR in February that Regier will at least inquire.

I doubt Colorado is looking to move ROR. That rift was between ROR's camp and Sherman/Lacroix; one is gone and one has been marginalized. It sounds like they want to sign him long-term.

I'm with Zip on this one. Doubt he's going anywhere for reasons mentioned.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

This is a good thread to be reminded of all those who were opposed to Oreilly for Ennis.... good times :laugh:

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
It's not that Ennis is bad, it's that we have way too many 1 way forwards and desperately lack a player like ROR.

the hope is that one day Larsson or Girgensons is that guy and more.

Ennis has been on the ice for 1 goal against this season. While he was playing wing. With Hodgson as center. The kid is not only adequate in his own end, he's down right good. All of this nonsense about how bad he is at defense, is exactly that, nonsense.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Ennis has been on the ice for 1 goal against this season. While he was playing wing. With Hodgson as center. The kid is not only adequate in his own end, he's down right good. All of this nonsense about how bad he is at defense, is exactly that, nonsense.

Turns the puck over frequently and loses a lot of puck battles to guys who are just flat out stronger then him, saying he is a "good" defensive player is downright wrong

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND
Miller (50%) to Anaheim for DSP and a 1st. 1st is likely to be lower, and I like to idea of DSP on Larsson's wing.

I would certainly do that from a Sabres' POV, but I still think Anaheim sees Fasth as the current and long-term answer and wouldn't look for another goalie.

Someone offered Peter Holland, DSP, and a 1st for Vanek in the trade thread :dunno:

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

I agree with this. Ennis has the speed to get back in the play. He uses it to tenaciously back check. To say that Ennis doesn't win puck battles because he is small is anecdotal.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Turns the puck over frequently and loses a lot of puck battles to guys who are just flat out stronger then him, saying he is a "good" defensive player is downright wrong

He's credited with one give away and 2 takeaways. Not sure about your claim.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
The problem with Ennis is that he doesn't work on this roster because he's the type of player that needs a strong team around him to thrive. I'm sure he would look great on this team in 3-4 years when the rest of the team is good enough to let him do his own thing but as it stands he brings next to nothing to the team because he's so easy to key in on and shut down. He's not much different than his best friend Drew Stafford. To say he's downright good defensively though is a laugh. He's not downright good at anything right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia