Speculation: Roster Speculation 2013-14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Kathleen Lavoie ‏@kathleenlavoie 7m
@sncrducr The Sabres haven't talked to Philippe Boucher about Grigorenko yet. He says he is happy with is 2 import players Sorensen & Herzog

Kathleen Lavoie ‏@kathleenlavoie 5m
@sncrducr He didn't say as much but it probably means he would trade him if he was sent down.

Last edited:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
@sncrducr The Sabres haven't talked to Philippe Boucher about Grigorenko yet. He says he is happy with is 2 import players Sorensen & Herzog

@sncrducr He didn't say as much but it probably means he would trade him if he was sent down.

That's what I always thought. If Grigorenko ever comes back this season, he's getting traded for a big return. Quebec is contending next season.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
At the very least, I think we see Zads back to London when Weber comes off IR, and Larsson down to Rochester and Adam getting a recall. The most interesting move will be what they do or don't do with Ristolainen and Grigorenko. It's fairly clear that Nolan and Lafontaine aren't big believers of the teenagers taking big lumps to learn on the job--Girgensons being expressly mentioned as the exception because of his maturity.

Do they send Risto to Rochester or back to Finland? Does Grigo get sent back to the Q? If so, to whom might Quebec trade him? (JFB or Woodhouse, is there a team in the Q you could see being interested in Grigorenko?)

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011

I would be thrilled if the Sabres worked some way out for all of the teams in the Q to pass on the rights to Grigs.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If Ott, Moulson, Miller, and Tallinder are all off roster, we are going to have to pick up some salary to hit the floor. I suspect it will be via trade and probably overpaying some mid level UFAs (Bolland and Orpik fit the bill)

What I see for next year.....

I dont see the eed to bring in UFA dmen...next year. I ee talinde and McBain not being part of the club ad adorov being full time. thus the defense would be

Ehrhoff-Pysyk, Zadarov-Myers, McNabb/McCabe-Ristolainen Weber

right now they have about $35M committed

I expect

Foligno resigned $2M bridge
Ennis resigned $3.5M bridge
McCormick resigned $1M
Armia promoted $900,000
Hackett resigned and promoted $1M
McNabb resigned and promoted $1M
Tropp resigned for $1M

Bufalos high 1st round pick is drafted and signed with a cap hit of at least $3M per

Total for next year would be about $52M...I dont see the floor rising that much this year.

The issue will be buying out Leino this offseason.

If they do tht then they will need to acquire a camp dump or sign a veterna free agent to a short term deal of about 2 yrs.

The bigger concern is with 2015 off season when Stafford and his $4M come off.

If they were to trade him this summer along with a Leino compliance buy out they may need to acquire a contract.

A player like Deshemais, or Ruutuu whose contracts go through 15/16 may be worth acquiring.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
At the very least, I think we see Zads back to London when Weber comes off IR, and Larsson down to Rochester and Adam getting a recall. The most interesting move will be what they do or don't do with Ristolainen and Grigorenko. It's fairly clear that Nolan and Lafontaine aren't big believers of the teenagers taking big lumps to learn on the job--Girgensons being expressly mentioned as the exception because of his maturity.

Do they send Risto to Rochester or back to Finland? Does Grigo get sent back to the Q? If so, to whom might Quebec trade him? (JFB or Woodhouse, is there a team in the Q you could see being interested in Grigorenko?)

Val D'Or, Halifax, Cape Breton...

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

I would be thrilled if the Sabres worked some way out for all of the teams in the Q to pass on the rights to Grigs.

I wish there was a way for Buffalo to buy him out of the CHL and have him play in Rochester.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I was wondering if the fact that Quebec's GM and head coach Philippe Boucher is friends with Pat Lafontaine is the reason why Grigorenko back in the Q is an option...

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
One thing that is funny about Ted saying that teenagers might be better served developing elsewhere is that he coached five teenagers on the Sabres before.

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/blogpost...o_620623&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter

The Sabres currently have four teenagers on the roster and are the first NHL team since 1995-96 to dress four teenagers during the course of a season. That year, the Sabres joined Florida and Winnipeg as the last teams to dress at least four teenagers in a season. Jay McKee, Martin Biron, Wayne Primeau, Vaclav Varada and Curtis Brown were Buffalo’s four teens.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Did we ever find out the truth of whether or not Risto can be sent down to Rochester. He was as a paper transaction but can he play? :laugh:

Lol. Well literally anyone associated with the Sabres thinks so. Hoppe, Vogl, Hamilton, Kevin O. But I guess no one knows for sure yet. We may soon. Can't see him staying with Weber coming back.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
THN: Will the Buffalo Sabres dump their teens?

With Pat LaFontaine and Ted Nolan taking over in Buffalo, there was naturally going to be a change in course with the Sabres. The scale of said change isn’t known just yet, but Buffalo News reporter John Vogl revealed that some of the teenagers so famously thrown together by the departed brain trust of Darcy Regier and Ron Rolston may be sent down soon.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Does Grigo get sent back to the Q? If so, to whom might Quebec trade him? (JFB or Woodhouse, is there a team in the Q you could see being interested in Grigorenko?)
Val D'Or, Halifax, Cape Breton...
IIRC, everyone ahead of Quebec in the standings has their two import slots filled already -- that's BLB, Halifax, BAC, Gatineau and Rimouski -- so idk that it'd be a current contender swinging a move for him. I think it's more likely to be a middling team; ie. Cape Breton's only using one import slot and that's for a Russian in Lazarev, as are Moncton with Barbashev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad