Roster Speculation 15-16, Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
You mean, after 2 games you've convinced yourself neither player fits?

Moulson for sure is going to be a bit of a problem going forward. Better options available in the top six, and he's rather useless on a checking line. If we can roll three scoring lines, and we should be deep enough to do so, it won't be that bad.

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
I agree with all of this.

I'd like to see Moulson-Larsson-Ennis give another go... I know it's unlikely, and it doesn't fit well unless Oreilly is dropped in to the defensive role that Larsson is currently performing...

IF, the MLE line was reunited... how would you handle the other lines?

(ignore the order of the first 3 lines)
Moulson-Larsson-Ennis
Kane-Oreilly-Reinhart
Girgensons-Eichel-Gionta
Foligno-Legwand-McGinn
xDes

?

Which is exactly how I saw the team constructed earlier...as pairs.

Moulson/Ennis
Kane/ROR
and I've said since the beginning, Eichel gets Girgensons...now fit everyone around those pairs.

And to the one who said Foligno lacks "the foot speed," of course he does, which is why he is a fourth liner, possibly a spell on the 3rd but never a top 6 player. This team is supposed to play players where they should be slotted in this year, no more playing above themselves.

I completely agree on the above lines.....

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Not getting this one, should probably just not ask...

I'm glad you asked!

In 2005 during the NHL lockout, Henrik Tallinder, Kristan Huselius, and Andreas Lilja were arrested on suspicion of sexual assault with the same woman!

While they did admit that there was consensual group sex, they were not convicted because a lack of evidence!

If you'd like more information on former sabres sexual rumors, be sure to ask about Derek Roy's favorite orfice!

Lassa

Apr 16, 2013
I'm glad you asked!

In 2005 during the NHL lockout, Henrik Tallinder, Kristan Huselius, and Andreas Lilja were arrested on suspicion of sexual assault with the same woman!

While they did admit that there was consensual group sex, they were not convicted because a lack of evidence!

If you'd like more information on former sabres sexual rumors, be sure to ask about Derek Roy's favorite orfice!

Thanks, I think I have just enough information for what my imagination can handle. Now I'll watch some actual hockey!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If the Bruins are really shopping Chara, would anyone be opposed to kicking those tires? 38 and long on miles, but if the price was right (no studs, perhaps a conditional first, likely a package of prospects/picks not currently on the team).

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
If the Bruins are really shopping Chara, would anyone be opposed to kicking those tires? 38 and long on miles, but if the price was right (no studs, perhaps a conditional first, likely a package of prospects/picks not currently on the team).
Yes. He keeps himself in amazing shape. But he would never waive for Buffalo.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan

That's the kind of move I'd be interested in Murray making in a season or two when this club is primed for a deep playoff run.

I'd rather stay the course for now.

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo

Three years left at 7 million would be tough to swallow.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yes. He keeps himself in amazing shape. But he would never waive for Buffalo.

I suppose it would depend on if the Pegulas talk to him.

Absolutely. We become an instant playoff team, IMO.

That's the kind of move I'd be interested in Murray making in a season or two when this club is primed for a deep playoff run.

I'd rather stay the course for now.

Perhaps. It's intriguing to look at though. :D

Three years left at 7 million would be tough to swallow.

But given the small cap hits of Eichel and Reinhart, they can make it work.

As cap hits go, they could certainly make it work right now. That said, it's more like window shopping.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
No clue if this is even remotely close but...

Chara for our 2017 2nd round pick (becomes a 1st if he plays 4 playoff games in 2017), 2018 3rd round pick, Bailey, and Ruhwedel

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Chara for our 2017 2nd round pick (becomes a 1st if he plays 4 playoff games in 2017), 2018 3rd round pick, Bailey, and Ruhwedel

I doubt that's close to being enough.

The cost just wouldnt be worth what he is now.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Only interested in Chara if its to take the contract off their hands without giving up serious assets. Our window is simply not open while he is still good.

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

Start with Foligno+ 2017 2nd (which can turn into a 1st if Chara meets GP or team Success). Chara is EXACTLY what that blueline needs. He's a huge fitness nut, the real question is how much gas is left in the tank.

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica
Start with Foligno+ 2017 2nd (which can turn into a 1st if Chara meets GP or team Success). Chara is EXACTLY what that blueline needs. He's a huge fitness nut, the real question is how much gas is left in the tank.

Am I crazy? I thought the consensus was that Chara has really lost a step. Like, now is a 3-4 D-man lost a step, but maybe not.

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Am I crazy? I thought the consensus was that Chara has really lost a step. Like, now is a 3-4 D-man lost a step, but maybe not.

He's not a Norris guy any more. Still, he'd teach our young d-men a ton in work ethic and game prep. That'd reap benefits for years. He also is much better than Gorges.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
You make moves when they present themselves.

You make moves when they present themselves when they make sense for your team both short- and long-term.

This team is not in a position to give up what it would take to land a player like Chara. Not yet.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
You make moves when they present themselves when they make sense for your team both short- and long-term.

This team is not in a position to give up what it would take to land a player like Chara. Not yet.

Why aren't they? The days of methodically waiting for years for a team to come together are long gone with the new contract rules. We have contract hell coming in 3 years. If we can do some damage in the next fews years and not hurt the future you do it. Any assets we lose now will get replenished when we have to trade good players a few years from now to get cap compliant. Thats how it works now. Some of you act as though we have no way to add assets and will only lose them over the next several years.

I'm not saying we have to go the wall to acquire Chara at any cost. But if he can be acquired for a reasonable price relative to a deal like that. Then I see little reason not to do it. We currently don't have much on the left side. McCabe has a ton of potential as does Guhle but neither is going to be hurt if Chara is here for the last 3 seasons of his deal.

EDIT: All of this is probably moot anyways. Hara first needs to be on the market and then has to wave to come here. So we are quite a ways away from this being remotely something to think about

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Way to much for Chara....

Right now he is a 4-6 Dman. In the last yeR of his contract he's a $/7 Dman.

You don't give up actual assets for this. Bailey and the 2nd are actual assets.

I'd use a 2nd snd Bailey to get a Dman who is actually good and still young 22-26 range. Someone on an ELC/bridge contract. A player who is good but seems stucky behind established players thus suck in a 3rd pairing role.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
The cost is the only thing stopping a chara pick up. He would help the pp and pk, with enough help to not have to play more than 20 mins a night.

If you could get him for something reasonable you absolutely do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad