Roster Speculation 15-16, Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meichel Kane

My Name Is
Jun 6, 2006
Like others noted, if the team is in playoff contention at the deadline or makes the kinds of improvement most of us expect this season, next summer is just as good a time to bring in an experienced top 4 defenseman if it doesn't work out with McCabe or having Pysyk/Ristolainen play out of position.

LHD unsigned beyond next year, due to be UFA:

Campbell
Yandle
Goligoski
Coburn
Hamhuis
Giordano
Russell
Clitsome

MOD EDIT: continued from here http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=106004849#post106004849

Last edited by a moderator:

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I still have a feeling Murray does something for another LHD, Ottawa (Wiercioch) or Dallas (Oleksiak). If Buffalo was willing to take on Greening they could possibly get Wiercioch at a discount, especially if they managed to get a guy like Ehrhoff or trade for Hamhuis/Edler.

Wiercioch-Ristolainen
Colaiacovo-Bogosian
Gorges-Pysyk
Weber-Ruhwedel
---------------------
-

Last edited:

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Gio's a top-10 dman in the NHL, if he somehow gets there it's crazy money season

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Holtby asked for $8 million and got $6.1 million...there's a wide berth of difference between the first offer and the last during a contract negotiation.

There's no way in the world that Gio will get $9 million per...just no chance. He might get $7 million, and that will be too much as well. He's basically Mark Streit in his prime...you don't pay Mark Streit $9 million dollars.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I still have a feeling Murray does something for another LHD, Ottawa (Wiercioch) or Dallas (Oleksiak). If Buffalo was willing to take on Greening they could possibly get Wiercioch at a discount, especially if they managed to get a guy like Ehrhoff or trade for Hamhuis/Edler.

Wiercioch-Ristolainen
Colaiacovo-Bogosian
Gorges-Pysyk
Weber-Ruhwedel
---------------------
-

Like both Wiercoich and Oleksiak. I think Oleksiak would be a good partner for Ristolainen, and Wiercoich with Bogosian, respectively.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Holtby asked for $8 million and got $6.1 million...there's a wide berth of difference between the first offer and the last during a contract negotiation.

There's no way in the world that Gio will get $9 million per...just no chance. He might get $7 million, and that will be too much as well. He's basically Mark Streit in his prime...you don't pay Mark Streit $9 million dollars.

There's also a difference between playing the arbitration game and a 31 yr old UFA.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013

Wiercioch-Ristolainen
Colaiacovo-Bogosian
Gorges-Pysyk
Weber-Ruhwedel
---------------------
-

I like both of those options, I'd probably prefer Wiercoch if I had to pick.

The only difference I see between my potential defensive roster and most of the ones I've read here is that I wanted to see McCabe in the starting lineup. I think what ends up happening is he's either the #7 defenseman or he's the first call up from the AHL. I disagree with it because I think he's ready, but if we could bring in one of Wiercioch or Oleksiak then that would make me much more comfortable with our defensive pairings.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011

Wiercioch-Ristolainen
Colaiacovo-Bogosian
Gorges-Pysyk
Weber-Ruhwedel
---------------------
-

I would add Merrill and Gormley to that list of possible young LHD targets, but I'd be happy with both Wier and Oleksiak.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
So many awe inspiring options...nothing against a guy like Russell or weir or any of these guys but I have zero interest in them as long term options. I'd just as soon throw mccabe out there in a year we aren't competing and see how he handles it then draft a high dman and/or sign a bigger fish

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
well im sure atleast one dman will be on the #1 PP... Risto I assume?

Where do you guys see McCabe fitting in?

Unless he is lights out in training camp I image he starts in Rochester and is the first call up if he plays well down there. He may have shot at making the team out of camp but that may change if Murray is able to acquire another dman or feels he should get big minutes in Rochester.

Last edited:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Unless he is lights out in training camp I image he starts in Rochester and is the first call up if he plays well down there. He may have shot at making the team out of camp but that may change if Murray is able to acquire another dman or feels he should get big minutes in Rochester.

Especially given the Pysyk treatment last year where the Coach wanted him up and Murray let him get big minutes in Rochester. Seems that unless McCabe comes in and is undoubtedly top 4 d-man, he's going down to Rochester. We're going to add another LH d-man, its simply a matter of who and when.

BUCKSHOT

""""""""""""""""""""""
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Especially given the Pysyk treatment last year where the Coach wanted him up and Murray let him get big minutes in Rochester. Seems that unless McCabe comes in and is undoubtedly top 4 d-man, he's going down to Rochester. We're going to add another LH d-man, its simply a matter of who and when.

this could be a product of the Tank

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
How about new OT 3 on 3? Who do we throw out as our first line, second line, etc...

Unit 1: Ennis, Eichel and Risto

Unit 2: ROR, Kane and Bogo

You could also plug in guys like Girgs, Moulson, Larsson, maybe Reinhart. It's going to be nice having options this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad