Line Combos: Roster/Lineup/Movement Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellen

Apr 17, 2019
If I’m Jarmo I’m looking for a partner for Jones. He seems very unenthusiastic as of late. To me it was evident on his penalty shot a few games ago.

I’m with you - I truly believe he wants out- I feel Zach does as well. They all have the same agent as PLD- and Jones and Z have been absolutely awful this year. Jones especially - the guy seems like he just doesn’t give a shit.

I just don’t get it- we have been a good winning team for what 5 years now ? I know we haven’t done anything substantial yet ... but there are so many worse situations to be in.

Reactions: Bookker

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Looks like good temporary forward lines to me.

When Laine arrives:

Laine - Texier - Bjorkstrand
Foligno - Domi - Foudy
Jenner - Roslovic - Atkinson/Stenlund
Grigo - Koivu/Nash - Robinson

I'm not committed at all to playing Atkinson every game, not until he starts moving again. Robinson is not going to come out of the lineup if he is playing like this. Koivu and Nash have both been good but since they're old as dirt, I'll rotate them to keep them fresh for the playoffs.

Reactions: rotsbu and Bookker

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Social media clues?

Last week she liked a tweet where someone was worried about the Jackets future.

Some say that means that Jones wants out, I think it probably doesn't mean anything, or at least it shows that the Jones' give a crap about the long term future of the Jackets, which is a good sign. You can rely on DJ to steadily drib drab useless info like that, trust that we'd all be talking about it if it was relevant.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Comments in various threads re: Jones & Werenski has me thinking that Jarmo needs to have very frank discussions with them about their interest in staying Blue Jackets for the rest of their careers, more so Jones than Werenski because of the UFA/RFA thing. If they are unhappy here trade them now unless there is something that can be done to alleviate their unhappiness (ie. get rid of Torts if that is the reason).

If Jones wants to go back to Dallas then try to strike up a trade there. If Werenski wants to go to Detroit so be it. To have your top line D unhappy and uninterested and not playing to their potential, no good is going to come of that. Two very tradeable assets, so if they want out I think it incumbent on Jarmo to find out can they be salvaged; otherwise get the best deals and move forward.

This situation (if it really is one) needs to be addressed.

Moving this here because it is the proper thread now.

It doesn't make any sense to move Werenski. He'll be fine, I don't even think he's playing badly. You have years of control left, use them.

Jones has been worse and I'm almost to the point that I don't care where he wants to be. He should probably be moved to a rushing team that can make better use of his skating gifts, the static game that the Jackets have been playing in the last year and a half is not something he is especially good at.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Looks like good temporary forward lines to me.

When Laine arrives:

Laine - Texier - Bjorkstrand
Foligno - Domi - Foudy
Jenner - Roslovic - Atkinson/Stenlund
Grigo - Koivu/Nash - Robinson

I'm not committed at all to playing Atkinson every game, not until he starts moving again. Robinson is not going to come out of the lineup if he is playing like this. Koivu and Nash have both been good but since they're old as dirt, I'll rotate them to keep them fresh for the playoffs.

Unfortunately Torts is. Cam has way too much good will earned over the years to get healthy scratched. Oh and he scored last night, that gives Torts even more initiative to play Cam because "getting him going is working". Expect Cam 18+ minutes a night unless something crazy happens and he's flat out comically bad. As much as people say Torts doesn't play favorites, if Wennberg or Duclair started the season the way Cam has, their asses would be healthy scratched after one game. I have yet to see any of the long term guys scratched.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Unfortunately Torts is. Cam has way too much good will earned over the years to get healthy scratched. Oh and he scored last night, that gives Torts even more initiative to play Cam because "getting him going is working". Expect Cam 18+ minutes a night unless something crazy happens and he's flat out comically bad. As much as people say Torts doesn't play favorites, if Wennberg or Duclair started the season the way Cam has, their asses would be healthy scratched after one game. I have yet to see any of the long term guys scratched.

I'm not sure of that. I think Cam might have been getting close to sitting a game. That has been one of the most noteworthy aspects of Torts' coaching over the years. He'll scratch anybody. That or maybe we just disagree on whether Cam was close to "comically bad", because I think he was.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Seth is 0+1 -6 in 7 games
Zach is 1+0 -5 in 7 games

Both with very mediocre advanced stats

Gavrikov managed to be +1 and Savard is 0. Both were very solid last few games.

Not sure what’s up with our top d men

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I'm not sure of that. I think Cam might have been getting close to sitting a game. That has been one of the most noteworthy aspects of Torts' coaching over the years. He'll scratch anybody. That or maybe we just disagree on whether Cam was close to "comically bad", because I think he was.
I agree with you but it's Torts who needs to believe it. I doubt he does because he played the shit out of him last game and even more so after he scored. How much did he play in OT alone? He took so much ice time over players like Tex and Bjork which is just hilariously sad.

Reactions: thebus88

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I’m not the biggest Stenlund fan but it’s insane that he’s taken out for Roslovic. He has done nothing to deserve benching. All he does is get in the lineup, do his job, and occasionally pop in a goal.

Not saying Jack shouldn’t go in. But it shouldn’t be for Stenlund

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
He's a better player. He's younger and done more and more is expected of him. It's a no brainer.

Take out Nash, Robinson, Foudy.

Well yes, that’s why I said “Jack should go in but not for Stenlund.”

Foudy has done nothing to warrant benching either. To me it’s Nash or Robinson

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Well yes, that’s why I said “Jack should go in but not for Stenlund.”

Foudy has done nothing to warrant benching either. To me it’s Nash or Robinson

Or both...neither one of Nash/Robinson have done anything to warrant being every day players

Laine-Domi-Atkinson
Jenner-Tex-Bjorkstrand
Foligno-Roslovic-Foudy
Grigorenko-Koivu-Stenlund

Reactions: CBJx614

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Or both...neither one of Nash/Robinson have done anything to warrant being every day players

Laine-Domi-Atkinson
Jenner-Tex-Bjorkstrand
Foligno-Roslovic-Foudy

Sees Domi and Atkinson together.... unsubscribes from your newsletter.

I'm sure Laine will love having two boat anchors to carry around.

Reactions: hn777

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

Laine-Domi-Atkinson
Jenner-Tex-Bjorkstrand
Foligno-Roslovic-Foudy

I like what Robinson has brought. His speed helps our bottom 6. He’s not off limits or anything but I think I’d rather scratch Grigorenko than him (Nash too obviously)

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Can we please stop even thinking about traiding Jones if theres a opportunity to make a deal with him? He is best dman in organizations history.

If he doesnt want to make a contract with us then with rolling tears at my face, make trade and that breaks my heart.

But like said before winning clears every table, but we must hurry. Laine incoming and if we cant make contender team we not the team where players want to play

Reactions: thebus88

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
But like said before winning clears every table, but we must hurry. Laine incoming and if we cant make contender team we not the team where players want to play

Can we please stop even thinking about traiding Jones if theres a opportunity to make a deal with him? He is best dman in organizations history.

If he doesnt want to make a contract with us then with rolling tears at my face, make trade and that breaks my heart.

I'm actually somewhat motivated by the "win-now" considerations to consider a Jones trade. I'd expect we could get a very good win-now piece for him, likely a top line forward, possibly a #1C. I don't think we're getting as much out of him relative to his trade value, I don't see us using his strengths as a freewheeling skater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad