Speculation: Roster Improvements - Part II

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Holzer to Anaheim... who apparently just want ALL the players.

I don't think he can make their NHL team though.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Glad I took a nap when I did. All the trades after noon were boring except for the Despres trade. I was hoping if he ever was traded that we'd be in on him :cry:

Yzlamic Preacher*

When yzerman's presser comes up, can someone post a link please?

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Brewer is one of the pieces going to the leafs for Holzer.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Sorry guys and Gals, Main board says we are TDL losers

photo.jpg

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Yzerman was suppose to speak now but I guess not, at least there haven't been anything on what he's saying and I can't find a link.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
He said Stralman was asked to carry a heavy load, and some of the kids were forced to play a lot, and this eases a lot of that pressure.

Calls Coburn a Hedman-type, less offense but similar defensive game.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He said Stralman was asked to carry a heavy load, and some of the kids were forced to play a lot, and this eases a lot of that pressure.

Calls Coburn a Hedman-type, less offense but similar defensive game.

So Coop will likely pair up Coburn with Hedman, giving Hedman the opportunity to be that 4th forward when needed.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Also said "Paid a premium for Coburn, but we got a premium for Connolly."

"Trying to win, not trying to deplete all of our assets" in re: to moving a first - and only making the trade because we had two firsts.

Has a replacement for Brett Connolly already (probably Namestnikov?).

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Yzerman said (quick paraphrase):

* On Gudas and Connolly - Good Young players, popular in the room and city... if you're gonna trade, have to give up assets. Felt the need to have best chance to win

* Coburn has a lot of hockey left. Good skater, stay at home, minutes, like Heds but not as offensively... now burden off Stralman Nesterov Barbs, Sustr. Didn't mention Carle so that should tell you where he should slot when he returns. Asked about being on the radar, price was right? No question he was expensive, but basically he said if you're not prepared to pay, don't bother. Other similar deals. Term has value.

* Calling the players (traded), not saying he's more at ease with it but calls are short, doesn't enjoy it. Good young men. Part of the job though.

Two firsts made it easier, if only one would not have done it. Opportunity to get a 2nd back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad