Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXVIII:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
I think the only options are Lettieri and Gettinger.

I dont know if Lettieri has to clear waivers to be called up. Or that he would have to clear to go back down.

We also only have 2 more moves? I didnt even know there was a limit there.

Either get called up. Gauthier promoted to the 3rd line. Howden to center. If Chytil cant go

Edit: Just saw Lettieri is suspended 3 games.

So options are really down to Gettinger. Nieves and Fogarty would not be helpful imo.

Why not Kravtsov?

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

I dont know if Lettieri has to clear waivers to be called up. Or that he would have to clear to go back down.

Either get called up. Gauthier promoted to the 3rd line. Howden to center. If Chytil cant go

So options are really down to Gettinger. Nieves and Fogarty would not be helpful imo.

Just play Patrick Khodorenko tomorrow.

Richter35

Oct 30, 2006
If everyone else besides fil can go it’ll be fogie. He’ll slot in at 4rw and howdy moves to 3c

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Why not Kravtsov?
No problem with that. It’s clear now he has more work to do but he’s probably the best guy to replace FC now. Assuming it’s a short stint (no pressure). If FC is out long-term (hope not) maybe try Gettinger or even move Smith back to F and call up Hajek.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
No problem with that. It’s clear now he has more work to do but he’s probably the best guy to replace FC now. Assuming it’s a short stint (no pressure). If FC is out long-term (hope not) maybe try Gettinger or even move Smith back to F and call up Hajek.
I dont think DQ is touching the D. Smith is there to stay in the backend for the rest of the season.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I dont think DQ is touching the D. Smith is there to stay in the backend for the rest of the season.
I agree. Just throwing it out as an option. I’m personally quite good with Smith playing defense. I think he gives the team more on D than the difference between, him and Gettinger up front.

Reactions: RGY

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Please no Kravtsov. Let the kid finish the year in Hartford with meaningful top 6 minutes not play 7 minutes a game after being benched by Quinn for making a defensive mistake. I just don’t think he’s ready yet.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I think it was @Edge that said it but it depends a lot on styles of play. Lindgren is just 6ft but hes rock solid and plays like hes 6'4.

I think ideally you have that mix of offensive minded paired with solid two way D first type guys. I think the hope is that Miller becomes like Lindgren with his size but with more offensive capabilities.

Rangers have a lot of quality assets on the backline in the NHL and prospect ranks.

On the left:
  • Miller (6'5)
  • Lindgren
  • Jones
  • Reunanen
  • Robertson (6'3)
On the right:
  • Trouba
  • ADA
  • Fox
  • Lundkvist
We already have a good idea on Fox, Trouba, ADA and Lindgren. That really mean they need 2 or 3 of the remaining 5 guys to pan out. If more do the Rangers will have some solid ammo to add depth in other areas of the organization. That's not even mentioning some of the lesser D prospects they have of they make it as 3rd pairing guys.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

There’s a limit to regular recalls, but this would be an emergency recall to replace an injury, so it won’t count to the limit of 4 regular callups (we used 2 of those 4 in paper transactions on TDL day).

There’s also no recall waivers. Lettieri is still exempt from waivers, if they called him up and sent him back down, though as you mentioned, he’s suspended at the moment.

I hope it’s Gettinger. I think he’s going to be a part of this team eventually as a 4th liner anyway. Get him up now while there’s the opportunity. Another possibility is Danny O’Regan, who Quinn knows from BU. He’s a center and has 25 games of NHL experience.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
There’s a limit to regular recalls, but this would be an emergency recall to replace an injury, so it won’t count to the limit of 4 regular callups (we used 2 of those 4 in paper transactions on TDL day).

There’s also no recall waivers. Lettieri is still exempt from waivers, if they called him up and sent him back down, though as you mentioned, he’s suspended at the moment.

I hope it’s Gettinger. I think he’s going to be a part of this team eventually as a 4th liner anyway. Get him up now while there’s the opportunity. Another possibility is Danny O’Regan, who Quinn knows from BU. He’s a center and has 25 games of NHL experience.
I agree I think its Gettinger. He is a big body, skates well enough, and will go to the dirty areas. Seems like a good candidate to fill in on the 4th line.

O’Regan is intriguing as well.

Reactions: leetch99

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Right? If Lundkvist, DeAngelo, and Fox are good enough, hell, if Jones even joins them, I'll take the oompa loompas back there. NSH had a solid homegrown top-4 for years with Josi-Weber; Ekholm-Ellis.
Lundqvist is not here. You cannot realistically start to have a discussion and include him when he has yet to step a toe on North American ice.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
who's getting moved?
I think that at a minimum in the near to mid term, Trouba, Fox, DeAngelo & Lindgren are here. I believe that Lundqvist is used as part of a package to find Trouba a partner.

For long term, anything can happen. Lots depends on whether or not they can get DeAngelo signed long term over the next several years. I believe that they will.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I think it was @Edge that said it but it depends a lot on styles of play. Lindgren is just 6ft but hes rock solid and plays like hes 6'4.

I think ideally you have that mix of offensive minded paired with solid two way D first type guys. I think the hope is that Miller becomes like Lindgren with his size but with more offensive capabilities.

Rangers have a lot of quality assets on the backline in the NHL and prospect ranks.

On the left:
  • Miller (6'5)
  • Lindgren
  • Jones
  • Reunanen
  • Robertson (6'3)
On the right:
  • Trouba
  • ADA
  • Fox
  • Lundkvist
We already have a good idea on Fox, Trouba, ADA and Lindgren. That really mean they need 2 or 3 of the remaining 5 guys to pan out. If more do the Rangers will have some solid ammo to add depth in other areas of the organization. That's not even mentioning some of the lesser D prospects they have of they make it as 3rd pairing guys.

agreed style of play is a big factor of course in the case of fox, lundkvist and deangelo it is both size and style of play that are similar and raises the question if they complement each other enough...of course you could give them complementary partners and then it doesn't really matter if they don't complement each other if they are on different pairs.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
as much as i love that top 4, they have won exactly zero Stanley cups.

very true but not the argument I was trying to make...when comparing to fox, deangelo, lundkvist and jones you are looking at 4 similar dmen in terms of size & style. the nashville guys were home grown but not all similar players so I don't think the comparison works

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I feel Letteri should get a final chance to prove something but I'd guess either Hajek or Kravtsov get the call because of the 2 call ups remaining.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
who's getting moved?

If I had to put money on the most likely suspects, I'd say ADA or Lundkvist.

I think there's a decent possibility one gets moved to bring in a higher-end player at LD.

Both have different appeals to teams.

ADA is a guy who has shown what he can do at the NHL, and it's in rare company. However, that's going to come with a corresponding price tag.

Lundqvist is a prospect, albeit a blue chip prospect, but one who hasn't accomplished anything at the NHL level yet. However, he comes with a low price point and a chance to help a team for a long, long time.

So, what do potential deals look like? Well, I think we've seen some on here that aren't really far off when it comes to the "type" of deal you might see pursued.

So if you're talking about ADA, you could very well see the Rangers look at names like Theodore or Bronin, among others.

If you're talking about Lundkvist, I think AK was on to something when he mentioned someone like Sandin.

Somewhat independent of those two, I think you have guys like Hanafin or Fowler lurking on the horizon of possibilities on the left side.

But focusing on just this particular question, I don't think it's going to be Trouba who's moved. And I know it's not going to be Fox. So that leaves ADA and Lundkvist.

Reactions: Cag29 and Leetch3

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
The more I think about, the more I feel that this team needs a 4th line center that you can throw out there in the last minute of a game protecting a lead. That would spell minutes for Mika, and make the team deeper.
Well that has been a huge need for a long time now...that is when a FO win is a MUST .

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
If I had to put money on the most likely suspects, I'd say ADA or Lundkvist.

I think there's a decent possibility one gets moved to bring in a higher-end player at LD.

Both have different appeals to teams.

ADA is a guy who has shown what he can do at the NHL, and it's in rare company. However, that's going to come with a corresponding price tag.

Lundqvist is a prospect, albeit a blue chip prospect, but one who hasn't accomplished anything at the NHL level yet. However, he comes with a low price point and a chance to help a team for a long, long time.

So, what do potential deals look like? Well, I think we've seen some on here that aren't really far off when it comes to the "type" of deal you might see pursued.

So if you're talking about ADA, you could very well see the Rangers look at names like Theodore or Bronin, among others.

If you're talking about Lundkvist, I think AK was on to something when he mentioned someone like Sandin.

Somewhat independent of those two, I think you have guys like Hanafin or Fowler lurking on the horizon of possibilities on the left side.

But focusing on just this particular question, I don't think it's going to be Trouba who's moved. And I know it's not going to be Fox. So that leaves ADA and Lundkvist.

so you are thinking a top end LD as the target over a high end forward? certainly wouldn't say no to a #1 LD but overall feels like forwards are a bigger need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad