Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXVI: The End (The Apocalypse Is Now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tossed Medal

Jan 23, 2020
That has a funny way of happening to prospects.
Love Lindgren just hope his Style of play doesn’t catch up to his frame . He’s tough as nails but not a big guy . I think that was what Rat weasel Marchand was referring to in his he won’t be in the league long . Look at Giradi that guy was built like a brick shitbouse and between blocking shots and just regular hitting he was cooked quick .

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Maybe Trouba can take some notes from Lindgren but then it actually looks that Trouba lacks the iq and foot speed that Lindgren has in his own zone.

Reactions: RagFinMet

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Targets following Gortons MO
  • Alex Galchenyuk age 26 to start 2020-2021 * UFA
  • Max Domi age 25 for 2020-2021 ( would be extremely awkward with Lemieux )
  • Sam Bennett age 24 for 2020-2021
  • Dylan Strome age 23 for 2020-2021

Galchenyuk might come on a cheap 1-2 year deal. I wouldn't mind that talent. If Quinn can get his talent to show, we have a massive trade chip :naughty:

Sam Bennet makes the most sense from a 'reclamation project'. Lias+? for Bennett seems plausible

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Targets following Gortons MO
  • Alex Galchenyuk age 26 to start 2020-2021 * UFA
  • Max Domi age 25 for 2020-2021 ( would be extremely awkward with Lemieux )
  • Sam Bennett age 24 for 2020-2021
  • Dylan Strome age 23 for 2020-2021

Galchenyuk might come on a cheap 1-2 year deal. I wouldn't mind that talent. If Quinn can get his talent to show, we have a massive trade chip :naughty:

Sam Bennet makes the most sense from a 'reclamation project'. Lias+? for Bennett seems plausible

Surprised a little bit by Strome this year. Thought he was finally "getting it" last year, but then watched him fall into some bad habits again this season.

Overall, I don't know if the Rangers are going to be too zeroed on some of those centers though.

Bennett is a distinct possibility though, based on their familiarity with Calgary and the possible desire to have slot into that fourth line center spot.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Surprised a little bit by Strome this year. Thought he was finally "getting it" last year, but then watched him fall into some bad habits again this season.

Overall, I don't know if the Rangers are going to be too zeroed on some of those centers though.

Bennett is a distinct possibility though, based on their familiarity with Calgary and the possible desire to have slot into that fourth line center spot.
spill it. what have you heard. I need names

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
spill it. what have you heard. I need names

Well, Calgary is a team that the Rangers talked pretty extensively down the stretch. A lot of chatter involving Buch, and the Rangers inquiring about Hanafin.

Bennett is a name that's come up on here quite a bit, and while I haven't heard his name connected to any of those discussions, I can certainly see him being a name that potentially comes up.

While we've focused on some of the potential reclamation projects who play RW, I think the Rangers will at least kick the tires on some names who could potentially play center or LW, depending on what the market looks like.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
That's why for as unpleasant as the last 24 months have been, it has nothing, and I mean nothing on that 1999-2004 time frame.

Even the brief moments of hope and optimism seemed to get obliterated rather quickly.

So yeah, while the last generation of Rangers didn't win a cup, it was immensely enjoyable.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Lias for Josh Anderson. Who says no?
Well, Calgary is a team that the Rangers talked pretty extensively down the stretch. A lot of chatter involving Buch, and the Rangers inquiring about Hanafin.

Bennett is a name that's come up on here quite a bit, and while I haven't heard his name connected to any of those discussions, I can certainly see him being a name that potentially comes up.

While we've focused on some of the potential reclamation projects who play RW, I think the Rangers will at least kick the tires on some names who could potentially play center or LW, depending on what the market looks like.
prospect or reclamation?

Would they be interested in consolidating into say a Hayton or Glass? McMichael?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Lias for Josh Anderson. Who says no?

prospect or reclamation?

Would they be interested in consolidating into say a Hayton or Glass?

I think you could see them kick the tires on Bennett, Jost, guys of that nature.

I don't think Glass or Hayton or going anywhere for a while. They're too close to their top prospect status, and there's not a ton of incentive for their teams to jump ship now.

I'd look at guys in that 22-25 age range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad