Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXIV: Walk the line into the ring of fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
If we're talking Tkachuk or Eichel, there are no untouchable prospects except for Kakko.

Think Gorton has the balls to go out and get both?

Kreider goes for good prospect and a 1st this deadline

Tkachuk comes in for Buchnevich, Miller, 1st from Kreider trade this deadline

Eichel comes in for Skjei, Kravtsov, prospect from Kreider trade

Lundqvist retires.

Next year:

Tkachuk-Zib-Kakko
Panarin-Eichel-Strome
Lemieux-Chytil-Gauthier
DiGi-Howden-Vet UFA/Fast?

DeAngelo-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox
Staal/Smith-Rykov/Vet UFA

Igor
Geo

LFG.

Reactions: Cawlidge Hawkey

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I have no interest in making a deal that would improve any of the teams we’re chasing. I’m not trading Georgiev to Carolina. I’m not trading Kreider to the Islanders.

I don’t care if they offer the best return.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
If we're talking Tkachuk or Eichel, there are no untouchable prospects except for Kakko.

Lundqvist retires.

Next year:

Tkachuk-Zib-Kakko
Panarin-Eichel-Strome
Lemieux-Chytil-Gauthier

DeAngelo-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox

Igor
Geo

LFG.

You just went full on Bern.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Great, Tkachuk rumor out of nowhere. So 2 more roster threads before evening.

If a big name was available in Calgary, it would be Gaudreau before Tkachuk. Chucky won't be pried away with DeAngelo. It'll be a disgusting ransom.

I think this is spot on. Maybe there are things going on behind the scenes in Calgary that will influence them to move one of their more seemingly untouchable players (i.e, someone saying get me the f*** out of Calgary) but JG makes the most sense if they're considering moving a big name.

Allows them to do a bit of a reset while keeping their core roster in tact.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Imagine Eichel with Panarin on his wing?
And then still having Zbad being the threat on the 2nd line. Not to mention having Kakko, Buch, and Chytil playing wings on those 2 lines. Getting Eichel would instantly make the rangers one of the most dangerous offensive teams in the league.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Crow- we could maybe afford one.

You make both those trades and we've got 80% of the cap locked into the top two forward lines for the next 5 years. We need some of those cost controlled RFA players and prospects.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
With the Rangers sending scouts to the Kings for back to back games I’m thinking maybe that is a destination for Lias Andersson. His pop is still a scout with the Kings.

Kings have a lot of prospect depth, but if prospect for prospect why are the scouts watching the big club?

Then again Vilardi played in both of those games as well.

Something around Anderson and Vilardi? Both had their own separate issues during their developmental stages post draft. Maybe a small add to get it done?

Reactions: Michal

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Eerily quiet with 28 hours to go. I think waiver wire might be interesting today, could set off a few moves. Totally my bored speculation though.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
They aren’t self renting CK nor should they. If they cant resign him then they must trade him even if it’s not a great return

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
With the Rangers sending scouts to the Kings for back to back games I’m thinking maybe that is a destination for Lias Andersson. His pop is still a scout with the Kings.

Kings have a lot of prospect depth, but if prospect for prospect why are the scouts watching the big club?

Something around Anderson and Vilardi? Both had their own separate issues during their developmental stages post draft. Maybe a small add to get it done?

we probably have a scout at every game, it most likely means nothing

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Crow- we could maybe afford one.

You make both those trades and we've got 80% of the cap locked into the top two forward lines for the next 5 years. We need some of those cost controlled RFA players and prospects.
It's tough, but I'd choose Eichel if I had to pick.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019

Werent the Kings planning on drafting him in 2017? Obviously things change as the draft goes on but that was around the spot he was projected

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

I think if there’s a deal to be made with the Kings, it would be for Kupari who is having a somewhat rough go of it in the AHL this year.

Reactions: Lion Hound

motopanekeku

abnormally high
Aug 23, 2009

Lundqvist retires.

Next year:

Tkachuk-Zib-Kakko
Panarin-Eichel-Strome
Lemieux-Chytil-Gauthier

DeAngelo-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox

Igor
Geo

LFG.
I taste a dollop of Bern in there

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Part of the reason I’m in favor of trading Kreider is 1) the cap space it would provide and 2) it gives Gorton more pieces to make a big splash this offseason again

#2 is a good point, you never know who becomes available. having 2 1sts + good prospects could put the Rangers in a position of strength if someone becomes available.

WilsonNY14

Jun 18, 2018

Could be. Also they may have been there to watch Jost and Kaut for the Avs before the deadline.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Part of the reason I’m in favor of trading Kreider is 1) the cap space it would provide and 2) it gives Gorton more pieces to make a big splash this offseason again

The likelihood of the Rangers making a "big splash" that effectively either replaces Kreider or exceeds him is probably pretty low.

Not against trading him, but I don't think he's easily replaced and, if that's the goal, then they should just sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad