Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXII: One Thing Leads to Another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Quinn needs to put his ego aside and do whats best for the future of the team, not for himself. We need to sit these guys out instead of hoping to pass a few teams in order to be eliminated in the first round Our chance of a playoff spot is very slim as it is.
In what world do you think the coach is deciding whether Kreider plays right now

Good lord, some of y’all

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Arthur Staple said somewhere today that the Rangers wouldn’t except a package of Wahlstrom + conditional 2nd/1st for Kreider

So there’s that

I also saw somewhere that’s Sweet Lou might try to get a third team involved for Kreider but that could be BS

I think he was just speculating but yeah it was along the lines of since the Rangers already passed on Wahlstrom in the draft and he's not doing that great so far they don't have any reason to want him now (though I do think it was rumored that they liked him quite a bit in the draft? So maybe that assumption taht since they passed on him they dont want him at all is faulty)

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Arthur Staple said somewhere today that the Rangers wouldn’t except a package of Wahlstrom + conditional 2nd/1st for Kreider

So there’s that

I also saw somewhere that’s Sweet Lou might try to get a third team involved for Kreider but that could be BS

God, that's disgusting. If you change that to McMichael or Newhook then im ok. And since its the Islanders gotta do a lot better than that. Need a lot more.

I had a feeling Wahlstrom was in play. If his name came to the table that early, that shows all you need to know about how the Isles view him.

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Buch has 12 points in his last 12 games and 16 points in his last 20. He has been playing well most of the season and was snake bitten for a time, but he has been an important part of that line's success. His play away from the puck has been much better this year.

He currently has 14 goals and 37 points in 59 games. At the same age, Kreider had 21 goals and 43 points in 79 games.

Points aside though, they are very different players with different skill sets, so it's hard to really compare them. Buch will never been Kovalev or Mogilny, but he doesn't have to be.
Buchnevich has become a very solid and well-rounded player. He doesn’t do anything that stands-out, but he does lots of things well. And he seems to always be improving, which is a good sign. That said, for me, he’s more of a luxury for a cap-strapped team like the Rangers. They should be amenable to trading him if a good offer materializes.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I'm feeeeeeling the Bern....

re-sign Kreider 5x8
Trade Buch, Georgiev and Miller for Byram and Kamenev
Trade Skjei for Kapanen
Coerce HL to retire
re-sign Strome for 1 or 2 years.

2020-2021

Kreider Zibs Kakko
Panarin Chytil Kravtsov
Kapanen Strome Gauthier
Lemieux Howden Kamenev

Byram Trouba
____ - ADA
Lindgren - Fox

_____ = Rykov, Hajek, Staal, Robertson or Jones if they make the jump

or if Lundkvist makes the jump and is ready, move one of our RHD to the left side.

Reactions: egelband and Cag29

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I'd be interested in Wahlstrom but probably not for Kreider without some significant adds in there as well

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I'm some happy Sather still isnt steering this ship and is just a figurehead. We really lucked out getting Gorton imo

If Sather was steering the ship Erik Karlsson would already be on defense with rumors of trading Shev for Joe Thornton b/c Hank has years left.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Lou probably hangs up if he can't get chris for a second.

He will never send any of Dobson or Wahlstrom to the Rangers. He would rather eat a bullet.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Arthur Staple said somewhere today that the Rangers wouldn’t accept a package of Wahlstrom + conditional 2nd/1st for Kreider

So there’s that

Why should they accept that?? Wahlstrom has been very very average. He was passed up on by the FO already. Then a conditional pick to boot?

Yea see ya later Lou

Reactions: egelband

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I'd be interested in Wahlstrom but probably not for Kreider without some significant adds in there as well

What’s up with that kid? Was so high on him and then he bombed out of college. Real young but gee, stay in school kid.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
If Kreider ultimately goes to the Isles, how do we think that impacts the probability of him resigning with the Rangers in the summer? I’m fine with snagging some futures from the Isles, watching them lose in the second round, and then getting Kreider back next year.

Reactions: mschmidt64

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
School isn't the answer for all people. If you don't like it, turing pro isn't the worst outlet.

it is when he isn’t doing well as a Pro. An education on this planet goes a long way. That’s why the majority of athletes go broke. Your brain has to be able to function beyond a 5th grader

Last edited:

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
I know Studnicka is the favorite name to throw around from Boston, but man I'd love to get Vaakanainen. Gonna be the next Jonas Brodin.
Or we can use the return from a Kreider trade to go after Jonas Brodin himself:)

Reactions: Trxjw

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
If Kreider ultimately goes to the Isles, how do we think that impacts the probability of him resigning with the Rangers in the summer? I’m fine with snagging some futures from the Isles, watching them lose in the second round, and then getting Kreider back next year.

Gorton should be fired if he trades our homegrown pwf to our arch rival.
I can't even believe what I'm reading here.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Why should they accept that?? Wahlstrom has been very very average. He was passed up on by the FO already. Then a conditional pick to boot?

Yea see ya later Lou
Do you think teams only like one player in drafts? lol I'm sure there were many other players they would've loved to pick too if given the chance, they were just high on Kravtsov. A greedy right shot sniper is exactly what we need, he's a big kid too & physical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad