Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXII: One Thing Leads to Another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I'm doubtful we can get into playoffs and then when we do we will get walloped but there is a chance, but it shouldn't change our deadline approach.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
A little observation: All of us as group lamented that terrible loss against Buffalo a few weeks ago but it looks like it was a kind of a wake-up call for the whole team to stop playing down to the level of competition, keeping the intensity as if these all were elimination games.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
What's your +? Friedman mentioned that Edmonton isn't moving him for a rental.

Dont really know, a later pick of some sort. 3rd something that gives them reason to say they didnt trade him for nothing. I just think he makes a lot of sense for Edmonton especially if they could resign him to something reasonable.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I REALLY don't like Puljujarvi, so I'm definitely biased, but I would not be happy if we added to Fast to get him.

Puljujarvi started his career much like Kakko did, I still see a top player there but he was handled totally wrong and like a lot of people here to start the year wanted to do with Kakko, he was forced into playing above his head. I think Quinns approach coupled with Kakko having gone through this would be a perfect landing spot for him

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I believe we’ve found this trade deadline’s Webster

Congrats to @NYRangers0723, it’s quite an honor
Why because I still have confidence in my team? Oh yeah for the record I never said I’m totally against trading CK although I would rather resign him if the price was right. Anyway for your sake maybe it’s better we trade so you don’t have a massive panic attack lol

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Quinn needs to put his ego aside and do whats best for the future of the team, not for himself. We need to sit these guys out instead of hoping to pass a few teams in order to be eliminated in the first round Our chance of a playoff spot is very slim as it is.

That isn't going to be Quinn's decision to make. Gorton will make that call.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Quinn needs to put his ego aside and do whats best for the future of the team, not for himself. We need to sit these guys out instead of hoping to pass a few teams in order to be eliminated in the first round Our chance of a playoff spot is very slim as it is.

Despite being Pro Tank, these kids getting playoff experience this early in their careers is invaluable.

It’s also not Quinn’s job to sit players that might get traded. His job is to win with the lineup he has. If someone is going to sit, it’s 100% because Gorton ordered it.

Edit: Goddammit. That was already mentioned before me.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I really doubt the weekends games will change Gortons game plan. I'd be ok with a couple wins and a Kreider haul of assets on monday. Just means we get to see Kakko, Zib and Buch, Panarin Strome Gauthier afterwards.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Arthur Staple said somewhere today that the Rangers wouldn’t accept a package of Wahlstrom + conditional 2nd/1st for Kreider

So there’s that

I also saw somewhere that’s Sweet Lou might try to get a third team involved for Kreider but that could be BS

Last edited:
Reactions: NYSPORTS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->