Speculation: Roster building thread XXIII: Heading into doldrum days and All Star break

Status
Not open for further replies.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Ada and krieder for Newhook and byram. Otherwise I don't think that I'm trading deangelo. If he is traded to Philadelphia it would have to be both frost and farabee minimum
If Boston loves krieder I would ask for debrusk and Beecher
Counter... DeAngelo and Andersson for Farabee, Frost and 2020 2nd

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
We're looking at what player pairs best with Colorado's 1st round pick to move Kreider for

That’s what I figure .... I think they get a 1st from a few teams so it comes down to the player .... Jost from Col ... needs a change of scenery

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I'm thinking the Flyers would be looking for a forward. They've lost two guys they thought they would have all season in Patrick and Lindblom.

Their 3rd and 4th lines are not that strong having Frost and Farabee in the AHL.

With AV at the helm, I'm thinking Jesper Fast is the guy they would target.

I don't think the Rangers want a middling pick for a player like that. They could be getting someone who is stuck in their AHL system. Someone mentioned Twarynski, another is Vorobyev.

I could see either in a deal for Fast.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
one has nothing to do with the other though...first there are 2 groups of people claiming the rangers are looking to trade ADA 1) people that hate ADA and 2) people that hate trouba. people actually in the organization can't step talking about how much they love him...they aren't going to trade him cause Nils Lundkvist might be here in 2 years.

in the unlikely scenario that he does get traded it will be because the team believes that his current trade value far exceeds his true value because of the year he is having IMO
ADA wouldn’t be shopped at all if Trouba wasn’t in the lineup. If ADA is traded, they absolutely will not trade Trouba. They could ostensibly retain both, but if Trouba were not here zero chance ADA is moved. Therefore- if ADA were traded, it is conditional on Trouba not being traded.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Ada and krieder for Newhook and byram. Otherwise I don't think that I'm trading deangelo. If he is traded to Philadelphia it would have to be both frost and farabee minimum

I would almost go straight up for Byram.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
ADA wouldn’t be shopped at all if Trouba wasn’t in the lineup. If ADA is traded, they absolutely will not trade Trouba. They could ostensibly retain both, but if Trouba were not here zero chance ADA is moved. Therefore- if ADA were traded, it is conditional on Trouba not being traded.

if that makes you feel better in your mission to prove that trouba is the root of all evil have at it. that doesn't make it true

Reactions: jas

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
You are smoking a special breed of crack thinking we can get both Newhook and Byram. I don't think you are trading ADA at those prices. I don't think any of those trades happen. Most of those prospects haven't had enough time to get stale so they are still at max hype values.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I think they’d be looking at Jost. Some promise there to be a solid third line center. There’s some upside there even if the offense hasn’t really shown up yet.

Jost and a First for Kreider is IMO what’s probably being discussed.

Reactions: egelband

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Flyers are aiming for the playoffs

Fast was loved by AV

Flyers need help in their bottom 6

Mediocre prospect + 2nd or 3rd round pick would make sense

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
if that makes you feel better in your mission to prove that trouba is the root of all evil have at it. that doesn't make it true
I don't recall "Trouba = root of all evil" being any part of the very simple statement you replied to. If anyone is injecting something foreign into the discussion, its you.

Logic makes my statement true. Do you really think anyone would be talking about the return for ADA if Fox was the only other RD?

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
He spelled Burakovsky wrong. Nickulishin is awful

I watch alot of Avalanche games due to my ownership of MacKinnon, Burakosky, Zadarov and Grubauer in my big $$ fantasy league and your going to be suprised at what I'm going to say but Nishuskin hasn't been aweful at all and in fact the past 5-6 weeks has really stepped up his game to the point where he is playing better now than he ever did when he was with the Stars as their 1st round pick in the 2013 draft I believe. That said I agree with you that I wouldn't do the deal either.

However Burakovsky and a 1st for Kreider is a totally different animal and I'd very likley pull the trigger on that deal. You put a Burakovsky with a Panarin and/or Mika and he flirts with 30 goal seasons going forward as he's really stepped up his game as well this year and matured as a player.

His wrist shot is ridiculous by the way as I didn't really realize until watching him as much as I have this season what a sniper he has become.

Kreider on the Avalanche would be huge and just what they need. You put him with MacKinnon or even Kadri on the 2nd line and playing on the #1 PP unit, he might be just the tonic they needed to win a Cup.

I tell ya a deal like that really would be a win/win for both teams and I could actually see something like that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad