Speculation: Roster building thread XLIX ”U Can’t Always get what U Want”

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I mean this is a board to discuss things, but there are some talking points that are absolutely moot, yet every other day someone pops up and proposes something totally unrealistic.
Like buying out Shat or Smith or trading Staal, nvm the NMC - that simply gets ignored everytime.

We're doing great.

AFAIC there is pretty much on more piece we can trade without killing the teams chemistry, it's Vesey. His departure would have the least impact, roster quality-wise and chemistry-wise.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If you don't mind saying, where you at? Been working/living in the area for over 10 years now. Live in Germantown now and work in DC always looking for good pizza in MoCo area.
Point of Rocks. If you take 28 into Frederick eventually it hits 15 (right at the bridge over the Potomac that takes you into VA, headed to Leesburg). Shortly before that you pass by Rocky Point Creamery which everyone thinks is amazing but I just find to be expensive, our little "shopping center", and then you can see the new subdivision behind the steel mill which is where I'm at.

When my family moved from Long Island we moved right across from the Kentlands, which didn't exist then. After college I moved to Germantown, in Milestone. Got married and packed it up to Frederick where I could get a $650K house in MoCo for half that. :laugh:

MoCo, when we moved there, I thought was the country. Now it's like Queens. I haven't found any great pizza. Some people like Potomac Pizza, I find it overly-greasy and the crust too floppy. Some people like Giuseppi's, which is well-constructed but kind of bland, IMO. Inferno is ok, and so is Fontina Grill in Rockville (they have a lunch buffet with mussels that is money).

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I suppose Germantown got some grade A Wurstwaren.

(Mods, just be glad we're talking some refreshing food-talk here ok. The hockey stuff has been a drag.)

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Hopefully with D-Men flying off the market, interest in Shattenkirk heats up.

I still think he can have a bounce-back year and we can get something for him at the deadline. But I"m not so sure where he fits with Trouba, ADA & Fox.

I think the Rangers are really hoping/thinking that Fox is ready to go and if he is then Shattenkirk is the odd guy out.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
You don't have to give Smith a roster spot.

That's the good thing about Smith, the Rangers can put him anywhere. LD. RD. 4th line. 7th D in the press box. Hartford.

This isn't Staal who even if he didn't have a NMC would probably be getting minutes, potentially blocking this year or next.

Short of a bunch of blockbuster acquisitions that jam up the Rangers cap, buying out Smith makes zero sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad