Speculation: Roster building thread XLIX ”U Can’t Always get what U Want”

Status
Not open for further replies.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
I had an amazing pizza pie in Norwalk once. Cudnt order by the slice. Forget the name of the place tho...
That’s my biggest pet peeve. I must have walked in and out of about 50 pizza joints across the country bc all these smaller town places want you to buy a full pie

Reactions: romba

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Vesey to Buffalo. Lot of confidence here at this point.
A couple of trades with an asset as the centerpiece I'm both, so mutually exclusive. Kreider.

Trying to finish before the draft... so pick is involved. Arizona or Colorado 1st. Same neighborhood, similar value. Toronto is maybe targeting our guy too. Kapanen or Johnson would probably get more on the next deal. Kreider is a hell of a rental with a chance to re-sign after Marleau and Zietsev are gone. Marleau part of it? Smith? 4 to 5 pieces.

The above post was pulled out of thin air and was in no way formed with aid of any other material.
Agreed. Probably Vesey to Buffalo as the fallback and they might expand it to include Ristolainen for ADA (gasp) or something like that. Seems in line with what @Edge mentioned.
I can't believe I'm proposing hypothetical trades. Haha. But this is fun.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I've always been one of those people who eats non-breakfast foods in the morning, even when I was kid.

And now that I am good and hungry, I get to hop on a plane for South America.

I'll probably buy some Wifi time, but I'll likely be out of contact for the next 90 mins or so.

Not ignoring anyone and no one should read anything into the silence.
South America? A clue! They're trading Boo Nieves!

Reactions: Kupo

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
LOL. I am generally pretty forgiving with pizza and pizza-products, but Pizza Bagels are up there with St. Louis style, Cleveland style, **** like Mama Celeste, Tombstone, and Elio's, etc. I draw the line there.
You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Hopefully with D-Men flying off the market, interest in Shattenkirk heats up.

I still think he can have a bounce-back year and we can get something for him at the deadline. But I"m not so sure where he fits with Trouba, ADA & Fox.

Reactions: egelband

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
If we can move Shatty and buyout Smith id be ecstatic.
Skjei Trouba
Staal Fox
Hajek/Rykov Deangelo
I really like that as an improved D corps.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
All this pizza talk is making me hungry. You know what's almost as bad in the South? Bread. I used to line up at 4am in NY to get the Italian bread that just came out of the bakery's oven. Pete Alonso can hit a 450 foot HR with the loaves of bread you find down here.

I can't believe that we're getting Kakko, traded for Fox and Trouba, yet we're all starving for another trade. Exciting times.

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018
I've always been one of those people who eats non-breakfast foods in the morning, even when I was kid.

And now that I am good and hungry, I get to hop on a plane for South America.

I'll probably buy some Wifi time, but I'll likely be out of contact for the next 90 mins or so.

Not ignoring anyone and no one should read anything into the silence.
Safe travels.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
View attachment 238199

So this is my pizza guys. I want to open my own little restaurant or food truck. I have an outdoor oven that gets to 1000 degrees Fahrenheit or 500 Celsius. I can make a pizza in 60-90 seconds. I make my own dough, sometimes make my own sauce from scratch from my garden otherwise I’ll buy canned basic sauce and add my own ingredients. I can make the classic Neapolitan pizza that you see in the pic(buffalo mozzarella and San Marzano tomatoes), or I make amazing standard oven pizza. I’ve made all kinds of pizzas: cheesesteak, stuffed crust, buffalo wing, white, breakfast style: Taylor ham, eggs, hash browns, sausage, bacon, and I use white gravy for the sauce. I’ve perfected my standard oven pizza and my outdoor oven pizza. I’ve played around for 2 years and I’ve mastered the art of pizza. I Eat Crow knows, he’s seen my posts on social media. Anyone in the northern NJ area is free to try and critique my pizza. I recently catered for a doctor from my job and her staff and they all raved about my pizza.
Looks legit!!! That's my kind of pizza right there. But **** driving to Jersey lol. Come to Connecticut :)

Reactions: Paulie Walnutz

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Provel "cheese" is a culinary crime, and I don't need a pizza that has a pound of sugar in its sauce. If someone brings in a box of Imo's I will set that **** on fire.
The sauce isn’t that sweet, and in any event there isn’t much of it. Provel is an acquired texture.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
My wife and I about six years ago moved to a tiny "town" straddling the MD/VA border. We have one gas station, a pizza place, a dance studio, a karate place, a creamery, and that is literally it. An amazing country bakery if you drive down all these farm roads. Anyway, that lone pizza place makes surprisingly good pizza. I mean, it's legitimately good. You can find good pizza most places if you look hard.

If you don't mind saying, where you at? Been working/living in the area for over 10 years now. Live in Germantown now and work in DC always looking for good pizza in MoCo area.

View attachment 238199

So this is my pizza guys. I want to open my own little restaurant or food.

Damn, I want to jump in that thing and ride it down the river while eating it and then I can drown a happy man.

Yeah, they are still rumored.

Is this rumor of rumors being still rumored vetted?

Reactions: Paulie Walnutz

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I still see zero reason to buy out smith. We don’t have much help on the P.K. with ADA and Fox there. We don’t have a real rugged 4th line left wing.

I think he can be a 12th forward that drops back on D for the P.K.

I think he can be a 7th dman.

He can play both sides of the blue line.

I mean for 4 mil and change he’s useful. Zero reason to buy him out.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad