Speculation: Roster Building Thread XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
I am kind of with you on this. Stepan IMO seems to disappear at times during the year. For the money we pay him he needs to produce more consistently and better. Also he is not good on face offs. Something this team has been weak in for a while. I would like to see us get stronger in the middle.

I don't know if I'd call Brass offensively superior. He's definitely the more explosive, exciting player, but Stepan has had higher points per game than Brass the past four seasons, individually. He's just played less games, so he hasn't got the same totals.

Stepan can also play in many different situations. I think they're close in value, but given Stepan's age and ceiling, I'd rather just sell high on Brass while he is under 30.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
On Bengtsson - I spoke with someone really in the know on Sunday and apparently it was then down to being between 2 teams. I mentioned this somewhere and got a cocky reply. NYR was one of them. Sucks, but he might be a bit too lightweight in the NHL. That is the concensus from another guy which is an NHL scout at least. I am sure that most of the reasons why he did not sign here have nothing to do with some of the outlandish theories proposed. Time will tell... There will be huge flurries of activity coming up once the cap is set and the rules for the expansion draft are determined. Let's see what that brings.

Tommorrow I get the pleasure of having a lung operation. The pinnacles of pain have no ending this April it seems. All for the best though

Sorry to hear; will remember you in my prayers.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I don't feel comfortable handing the job to a guy that has never been a Head Coach. If the Ranges replace Gernander with Beukeboom we might have a replacement in waiting if the Rangers let AV coach the next 2 seasons.

I have no idea who the Rangers would be interested in as Head Coach..
Maybe Beukeboom would be at the top of the list.

Yeah I mentioned earlier in the thread that I'd like to see Beuke take over for Gernander. Not sure I'd hand him the reigns to the big club just yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad