Speculation: Roster Building Thread XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
On Bengtsson - I spoke with someone really in the know on Sunday and apparently it was then down to being between 2 teams. I mentioned this somewhere and got a cocky reply. NYR was one of them. Sucks, but he might be a bit too lightweight in the NHL. That is the concensus from another guy which is an NHL scout at least. I am sure that most of the reasons why he did not sign here have nothing to do with some of the outlandish theories proposed. Time will tell... There will be huge flurries of activity coming up once the cap is set and the rules for the expansion draft are determined. Let's see what that brings.

Tommorrow I get the pleasure of having a lung operation. The pinnacles of pain have no ending this April it seems. All for the best though

Last edited:

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
Heard that Bengtsson was on his way to Sather's office when he passed Dan Boyle in the hallway, who grabbed him by the shoulder and said, "Hey kid, ***** this place..."

I'm getting the feeling that either Stepan or Brass gets traded. Unless it's part of a plan to bring in Stamkos or trade for a young stud RD, I feel like maybe we should hold off on that.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Painting it black.

There is only one roster move that CAN be done, it's trading Nash at the draft. Other than that we're screwed. G will stay, M.Staal will stay. We most definitely will sign a 33yrs+ old mofo as a FA, that a given.

One other move we could do to replenish our prospect pool, would be to sign E.Staal to some deal without NTC/NMC and ship him fast for some pciks or stuff.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Well why would he sign with us? If he did he would only find himself sitting in the pressbox watching Tanner Glass play.

i mean, its no different in pittsburgh, he'll sit just to watch ben lovejoy ice the puck 100 times, just look at DP/Schultz, sitting for no goddamn reason besides the coach loving a certain player even though they suck.(lovejoy). We'll probably do the same with this guy.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
On Bengtsson - I spoke with someone really in the know on Sunday and apparently it was then down to being between 2 teams. I mentioned this somewhere and got a cocky reply. NYR was one of them. Sucks, but he might be a bit too lightweight in the NHL. That is the concensus from another guy which is an NHL scout at least. I am sure that most of the reasons why he did not sign here have nothing to do with some of the outlandish theories proposed. Time will tell... There will be huge flurries of activity coming up once the cap is set and the rules for the expansion draft are determined. Let's see what that brings.

Tommorrow I get the pleasure of having a lung operation. The pinnacles of pain have no ending this April it seems. All for the best though

Hope all goes well with the surgery...may you have a speedy recovery.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Stalberg says he wants to come back. He did well but its all about his cap hit. If UFA options come in more then go with Stalberg if less go another route.

Raanta wants to come back but I imagine he gets over 1 million now to a crap team like TO. So Hellberg likely is the back up for cheaper

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
The goal should be to sign as many young FA kids from college and overseas as possible. Maybe if Gorton gets like 10 guys in camp who outplay Tanner, maybe then he'll finally be benched or waived forever. No, actually, probably more like fifteen or twenty.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Raanta wants to come back but I imagine he gets over 1 million now to a crap team like TO. So Hellberg likely is the back up for cheaper

Can't screw around with the backup. Hank is in his mid 30's. They cannot afford to have the backup be someone they cant trust. I'd bring Raanta back on a 2yr deal with a lower cap hit around 900-1 per if possible.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
So, not counting trades:

How much money do we have coming off the books?

Who's looking at raises and for how much more than they currently make?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Stalberg's the type you should give a two year deal to.

Want him back if we can afford it.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Rangers management seems committed to changing the team in a significant way. Just spit balling here. AV will meet with Gorton in 7-10 days to discuss the team. AV also said he is not sure about his coaching staff for next season. Arniel is his hire. Ulf is a favorite of Rangers management. Any chance AV does not want to be part of a semi-rebuild? Ottawa does not have a head coach. He was an assistant there a long time ago. AV is from the area. He has two years left on his contract. It sounds like the Rangers are going to go young in a major manner. Ottawa wants a coach with NHL experience. Pierre Dorion worked for Slats for 2 years. It was rumored Dorion wanted to hire Claude Julien but Boston kept him. They interviewed Mike Yeo. The Rangers release AV from his contract and save $4M. No more compensation allowed. The Rangers hire another head coach. Dorion trades a 7th in 2020 to the Rangers for Tanner Glass. That's the compensation.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Yeah I actually had that thought as well, RB, after watching AV's presser yesterday. The question was "will the entire coaching staff return" and he said he wasn't sure. That could very well include him.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
Yeah I actually had that thought as well, RB, after watching AV's presser yesterday. The question was "will the entire coaching staff return" and he said he wasn't sure. That could very well include him.

I thought the way AV answered that question was curious. Like the decision wasn't his and has kinda letting it be known. I chalk that up to another sign that the relationship between Gorton and AV isn't great.

If the Rangers fire AV they better have a replacement in mind. Like it should be a simultaneous move. They fire AV and replace him with...............

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
I thought the way AV answered that question was curious. Like the decision wasn't his and has kinda letting it be known. I chalk that up to another sign that the relationship between Gorton and AV isn't great.

If the Rangers fire AV they better have a replacement in mind. Like it should be a simultaneous move. They fire AV and replace him with...............

Beukeboom

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
McI will get 750 top
Lock up Kreider and Miller long term.
Hayes 2 years 3.5 m-4
Yandle is gonna get over 7 mil.
Everyone else is up in the air.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
Beukeboom

I don't feel comfortable handing the job to a guy that has never been a Head Coach. If the Ranges replace Gernander with Beukeboom we might have a replacement in waiting if the Rangers let AV coach the next 2 seasons.

I have no idea who the Rangers would be interested in as Head Coach..
Maybe Beukeboom would be at the top of the list.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Heard that Bengtsson was on his way to Sather's office when he passed Dan Boyle in the hallway, who grabbed him by the shoulder and said, "Hey kid, ***** this place..."

"Yeah f this place. You get paid gobs of money, don't really have to perform and you'll leave with the respect of you teammates. Now get off my lawn!"

Last edited:

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007

John Stevens
Davis Payne
Paul MacLean

I can see Bruce Boudreau getting the boot from Anaheim if they lose to Nashville tonight on home ice.

Bruner4329

Apr 24, 2016
Really?? With what rationale?
Honestly as much as it makes sense to keep Stepan, with factors like age, and 2 way play, it would be so hard to trade a cost controlled Brassard who is offensively superior. He has been one of the most consistent Rangers since his trade from Columbus and has been extremely valuable in the playoffs.

I am kind of with you on this. Stepan IMO seems to disappear at times during the year. For the money we pay him he needs to produce more consistently and better. Also he is not good on face offs. Something this team has been weak in for a while. I would like to see us get stronger in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad