Speculation: Roster Building Thread VIII (2021 Offseason Thread) - “And then there was light…”

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Players need active contracts to qualify for expansion draft? I thought it didn't matter as a team can still pick a guy like howden to get his rights if he wasn't signed?

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
View attachment 452194

Chytil is better than Kotkaniemi at just about everything. Kotka has been more physical so far (credited with about 7 hits per 60), which is nice, but I’ll be damned if I’m trading Chytil for him.

This has become my personal calling card. I really, really hope Drury sees the underlying numbers and has no plan to move on from Chytil. It’s a huge mistake in the making.

I'm with you that Chytil should stay and get more time absent being included in a massive trade for an established young 1C.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
View attachment 452194

Chytil is better than Kotkaniemi at just about everything. Kotka has been more physical so far (credited with about 7 hits per 60), which is nice, but I’ll be damned if I’m trading Chytil for him.

This has become my personal calling card. I really, really hope Drury sees the underlying numbers and has no plan to move on from Chytil. It’s a huge mistake in the making.

Mind comparing Chytil to Suzuki?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Players need active contracts to qualify for expansion draft? I thought it didn't matter as a team can still pick a guy like howden to get his rights if he wasn't signed?
They can. But the Rangers need to have two forwards who are signed and meet the GP minimum exposed. Howden now fits that bill, so he gives them options beyond Rooney and Blackwell.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Am I the only one who would be with okay at least going into the season less Strome and maybe even Buchnevich with a top 6 of
Kreider-Zbad-Kakko
Panarin-Chytil-Laffy

I mean honestly, lets give the kids some room to actually show us where we stand on a lot of things. Hell, give Nils and VK some time to play and up their value too.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210709-163051_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210709-163051_Chrome.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 10

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
View attachment 452228

I really don’t think people realize how good Chytil is.

To be clear, these are stats for ES only. PP production is not included for what I think are obvious reasons.
Don't even need to dig into analytics to make a case for him, he was on pace for 43 even strength points at 21 years old. I feel like people forget how young Chytil is, he was one of the youngest players in his draft and he still played 9 games in his draft year and was then an NHL regular the next.

I don't see this center crisis people think we have. Zibanejad, Strome & a year older Chytil should be a perfectly fine center group. Not to mention, Kravtsov should be a center no matter how much people hate that idea.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Don't even need to dig into analytics to make a case for him, he was on pace for 43 even strength points at 21 years old. I feel like people forget how young Chytil is, he was one of the youngest players in his draft and he still played 9 games in his draft year and was then an NHL regular the next.

I don't see this center crisis people think we have. Zibanejad, Strome & a year older Chytil should be a perfectly fine center group. Not to mention, Kravtsov should be a center no matter how much people hate that idea.
I do think they need a two way center for the third line. Chytil is more than ready to replace Strome for me. Backfill him with someone that can shut down other other team’s top line and win faceoffs.

I’m not even worried about the analytics on this tables either. They are impressive, but it’s the rates I am focused on. The bottom line counting stats for our secondary players need to be reviewed as rates at a minimum given Quinn’s ice time distribution.

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

There are basically 5 categories:

• Protected (no explanation needed)
  • Exempt (1st and 2nd year pros)
  • Ineligible (LTIR)
  • Exposed (minimum requirement spots)
  • Available (everyone else)

Seattle can pick anyone in the last 2 categories.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Chytil is definitely the player you trade now then look back in 3-4 years and say, f***.

Still a pup that improves each season. He’s going to take the next big step and we will be thrilled we kept him.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
You forgot "loves cocaine."

So Dolan is pushing for it.
Dolan could be his sponsor
Strome @50% + Jones for Tuch and McNabb

Buch for Holloway

Laffy - Zibs - Kakko
Panarin - Chytil - Kravtsov
Kreider - Holloway - Tuch
Howden - Barron - Gauthier

Lindgren Fox
KAM Trouba
McNabb Lundkvist

I'm suspect of Chytil slotting in there... but maybe I'm optimistic.. I think he find his game and grows under Gallant. As long as he simplifies it and hones in on the defensive side of things.

Still dont want to get rid of Gauthier. He has an elite toolbox... same as Chytil, hopefully he can simplify his game and use his size, speed and skill.

Bottom6 and middle6C may still need tinkering.. I actually like that defensive group.
I’ve been a proponent of a VGK deal. Like this but not sure it’s enough to get Tuch. If we expand the deal in their favor to include Gauthier and Reeves, I think it gets done. My F lines look like:
Laf Mika Kakko
Pan Chytil Tuch
Krieder Holloway Kratvsov
Reaves Barron Rooney
(Blackwell)

Chytil has to learn how to take face offs for this shit to work

Reactions: NYRangers16

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Absolutely no argument on Chytil sentiment but otherwise....

The center discussion is about a long term outlook. Zibanejad and Strome only have one year remaining on their respective contracts, and would you take a bet against that at least one (if not both) will not be here for ‘22-‘23 season? Also the Rangers are looking for a center better on the defensive side, someone who would be difficult to play against all over. The team also has very little depth to speak of.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Buchnevich for Holloway
Strome for Soucy (Minn might lose him in ED) and Hartman
Howden to Seattle

Lafraniere-Zibanejad-Coleman
Panarin-Chytil-Kakko
Kreider-Goodrow-Kravtsov
Nosek-Barron-Hartman
Rooney

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
? - Nils

Shesterkin
back up G

Is 22M enough for Zibanejad, Fox and raises to Kakko and Kravtsov next year? I think it is

If Chytil doesn't take the step as 2C that they like, he's still easily tradeable for cap or an asset to reassess the following season, same with Holloway.. Best case scenario we have 2 young productive centers when the kids hit their 24+ years

Also, draft the best center available at 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad