Speculation: Roster Building Thread VIII (2021 Offseason Thread) - “And then there was light…”

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Robertson - Zib - Buch ($6M)
Bread - Chytil ($2.7 M) - Strome
LAF - Lundell/Holloway - KK
Kravtsov - Barron - Gauthier
Rooney - Howden - Blackbeard

Lindy - Fox
Miller - Trouba
Jones - Nils
Hajek

Shesty ($5.5 M)
Georgiev

Then trading #23 (NYR) + #30 (Dallas) + something else for a center like Lundell @ #12 (Florida) or Holloway at #14 (Edmonton) would’ve also likely happened as well…

That would have been a very interesting roster, along with ~14.5 M in cap space to boot (albeit but no Schneider then), to go into the off-season with. Imagine the possibilities… Revisionist history yes, indeed, but Jimmy Dolan knows this stuff too…

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
So where were we? Oh right, Edge being a big fraud….

I'm so sick and tired of people creating numerous accounts (something the moderators can see) to shit all over people because of sheer jealousy.

Yes, Edge has sources. Yes, bobbop has connections. Yes, I talk to prospects as a hobby.

None of us, like Edge said, do this to gain something. We're not in this for the money. In my case, I just enjoy traveling and I love attending hockey games, so when I get the opportunity to fly to Luleå to see Nils Lundkvist, or fly to Turku and see Lauri Pajuniemi, I will. And having met them at the draft and junior tournaments before, there's a connection. They're always willing to spend some time talking to me after the game and I cherish those moments.

I love the interaction, and last year I started writing interviews with prospects and it reached as far as Drury knowing who I am so I can confirm that the organisation definitely tracks what happens online. Hence why Edge is careful not to give too much away.

If people want to mock me for interacting with prospects, fine. Go ahead. It just sounds like you're making fun of me for making more money than you or something. I don't write those interviews in the hopes I one day get a job with the team or something. I'm happy with my current job which allows me to travel and see the world.

Oh, and about the one guy referring to the podcast I do every time he tries to insult me, to quote the bowling legend Pete Weber: "Hate me or love me. You watched. It's all you could do"

apoptygma

2-5-9-11
Apr 9, 2011
People like Edge and boppop gives us a very interesting window to behind the scene both for drafting and trading etc. Do any of you know about any books or tv/web-series about behind the scene for hockey? Have seen a number for soccer etc, but are struggling to find any for hockey.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
People like Edge and boppop gives us a very interesting window to behind the scene both for drafting and trading etc. Do any of you know about any books or tv/web-series about behind the scene for hockey? Have seen a number for soccer etc, but are struggling to find any for hockey.

It's tough to find this type of content but I know the Hurricanes did a mini series in 2018 about the draft which is available on YouTube
It's called "Inside the Storm"

I highly recommend it.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I'm so sick and tired of people creating numerous accounts (something the moderators can see) to shit all over people because of sheer jealousy.

Yes, Edge has sources. Yes, bobbop has connections. Yes, I talk to prospects as a hobby.

None of us, like Edge said, do this to gain something. We're not in this for the money. In my case, I just enjoy traveling and I love attending hockey games, so when I get the opportunity to fly to Luleå to see Nils Lundkvist, or fly to Turku and see Lauri Pajuniemi, I will. And having met them at the draft and junior tournaments before, there's a connection. They're always willing to spend some time talking to me after the game and I cherish those moments.

I love the interaction, and last year I started writing interviews with prospects and it reached as far as Drury knowing who I am so I can confirm that the organisation definitely tracks what happens online. Hence why Edge is careful not to give too much away.

If people want to mock me for interacting with prospects, fine. Go ahead. It just sounds like you're making fun of me for making more money than you or something. I don't write those interviews in the hopes I one day get a job with the team or something. I'm happy with my current job which allows me to travel and see the world.

Oh, and about the one guy referring to the podcast I do every time he tries to insult me, to quote the bowling legend Pete Weber: "Hate me or love me. You watched. It's all you could do"

Yeah, and I am not able to follow this advice my self all the time, it’s not easy, but the best advice is just to ignore whatever poster (myself included, as the case may be) that you don’t like. I for a long time didn’t ignore other posters, didn’t think it was “right”. But
when I started, it’s just so much better. Some guys just don’t like you and loves taking stabs at you to annoy you or whatever. Why read them?

426ers

Jun 21, 2020

Steve, haters are gonna hate. Keep doing your thing. I love the insight you give. Just my two cents.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
The Tao Te Ching says: "If fools were not fools, the Tao would not be the Tao."

Just be grateful you are not in that particular niche in the scheme of things and enjoy what you are doing. Don't let the fools get you down. If they had any sense they would stop what they are doing, but their lack of sense defines them.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I’ll say this, if Kreider would return Robertson + 1st + 3rd piece and the entire board looks back and says we should have dealt him in hindsight, should we learn our lesson and look to trade Zibanejad? Yea I know the team needs centers but we’d be talking A prospect + 1st + 3rd piece more than likely.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I’ll say this, if Kreider would return Robertson + 1st + 3rd piece and the entire board looks back and says we should have dealt him in hindsight, should we learn our lesson and look to trade Zibanejad? Yea I know the team needs centers but we’d be talking A prospect + 1st + 3rd piece more than likely.

The difference is Zib has an NMC and can decide where, or if, he is going. Besides that, Zib's best is far better than Kreider's best.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019

Big difference between trading a 50 point winger for that versus a PPG+ center in his prime.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA

Hey, I know you. Your the man I watch on YouTube every week.
Great work, very entertaining.
Thanks.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

Keep on keepin' on, brother. The quiet majority appreciates all that you and everyone else brings to the table whether they say so or not.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City

I can't tell how old Wardy is. Is he 15? 25? 35?

Reactions: Kendo

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
the issue with zibanejad is that the team needs an immediate replacement, not prospects who might one day be a 1C
This team isn't setup on a timeline where it can wait to develop a 1C , so if you trade Zibanejad you need to find another C to trade for, and of course that involves spending assets etc and now you still have the 2C problem, etc...

I also don't think Larkin is a good/direct replacement for Zibanejad

Reactions: DutchShamrock

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think the takeaway is for the front office to not outsmart itself in These situations.

Reactions: BKGooner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad