Speculation: Roster Building Thread VII (2019/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I really wonder how well Lindgren will have to play in the AHL to get called up? It also cannot be for Hajek, it would have to be for Staal. When is it going to be enough to not have him out there? Even if Lindgren is bad, he'll be an improvement. Feel like he's going to be down there all season, unless someone gets injured.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Staal and Smith have to be pushed out the door.

This will be the last season for Kreider in Manhattan.

Buchnevich cannot be in the long-term plan for the team.

Strome and Fast are both replaceable should the need/opportunity arise.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Staal and Smith have to be pushed out the door.
What is the rush to push a 4th line wing/7th defenseman out the door? And this franchise is doing no pushing when it comes to Staal.
This will be the last season for Kreider in Manhattan.

Buchnevich cannot be in the long-term plan for the team
They are not going forward without one of the two.
Strome and Fast are both replaceable should the need/opportunity arise.
If someone can out play them, they are replaceable. Strome should be on the 4th line but that is a different story.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Lindgren will get his shot season is 4 games old the injury bug will hit soon enough unfortunately.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
So McKegg had a great faceoff % last year for the Hurricanes but yet he is playing the wing. Are they really trying to raise Strome's trade value but making him a center when he is better suited at the wing. I don't get it. I bet some of these wacky lineups is from GM Jeff Gorton and John Davidson

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
the problem with Staal is that mgmt loves him so much so he's going to continue to get the minutes even though he is beyond washed. Its sad but his minutes should really be limited. Don't like him on the PK or really anything above 3rd pair. Would rather have Lindgren actually and have him as 7d but the team will never do that to him.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Skjei is the guy I'd move if the opportunity presented itself.

I'm hopeful that the team soon sees that they will not be competing and will entertain the idea of waiving Staal/Smith

Not this year. But he would be a good trade chip around TDL 2021 and beyond.

Wait till the likes of Miller and others push for spots and Hajek and Fox establish themselves.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Not Ranger related yet, but there's a shortage of NHL caliber defensemen in the league. With little help coming.

If the Rangers can backfill, then they can get a premium for a guy like DeAngelo or Sjkei come the draft.

Reactions: leetch99

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island

Attachments

• 2CE26024-70BE-4D47-B15E-AF8D7F02E7F9.png
    2CE26024-70BE-4D47-B15E-AF8D7F02E7F9.png
    574.6 KB · Views: 8

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Rangers have built nice depth on both LD and RD but they have more depth in their LD — Hajek, Lindgren, Miller, Reunanen, Robertson, and others. Skjei becomes expendable. A very attractive trade piece being under a nice cap hit and 4 years of control.

Trouba is our model #1 defenseman. Solid as a rock, logs a ton of minutes, plays an in your face game, smart puck decisions and has a cannon from the point.

Reactions: E-Train and jas

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Smith has been fine in his role.

Staal needs to sit. I'll never understand over the past few years what AV & DQ see in this guy that they need to shuttle him out there every night. Lindgren had a great camp and now would be a great time to get those first year NHL bumps and bruises under his belt. Staal isn't doing the team any good at this point.

Reactions: NY Lito

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
yup, if Staal hasn't come out of the lineup yet as a healthy scratch he never will. Maybe if they are out of it completely at some point but even then it would hurt our draft spot if he got taken out.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I was gonna suggest playing Kakko with Strome and Fast since those two look like a decent, boring possession unit playing with a defensive defenseman, but hell, maybe keep Kakko and Strome away from each other for now

hZ4V2oj.jpg

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Leafs are shopping Petan...I'd take him as a depth player, he wouldnt cost much as the leafs are gonna have to send him through waivers next week. He would be low risk and would likely be fired up to prove Toronto wrong. Good skater, good shot...I dunno

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
We need to eventually just move everyone. Hoping for a huge fire sale this year. Skjei and Buchnevich should be valuable on the market and management should try to move them while their values are high and their contracts are attractive. Fast and Strome are replaceable and should be traded without a second thought at the deadline if we're way out of it by March. Kreider is way gone. Smith, Staal, and Lundqvist are all on a wait out the clock situation. Then trade or sign Mika when his contract expires. Trade one of Shestyorkin or Georgiev. This team should just be Trouba+Panarin+Shestyorgiev.

Reactions: mschmidt64 and hi

EdJovanovski

#RempeForConnSmythe
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Kreider - Zibanejad - Buchnevich
Panarin - Chytil - Kakko
Lemieux - Andersson - McKegg
Fast - Howden - Smith

Skjei - DeAngelo
Lindgren - Trouba
Hajek - Fox