Speculation: Roster Building Thread VI (2019/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Panarin-Zib-Buch
Kreider-Chytil-Kakko (give them at least like 5 games to actually play together before declaring the experiment a failure)
Lemieux-Andersson-Kravtsov
Vlad-Strome-Fast
McKegg/Nieves

Skjei-Trouba
Hajek-Tony
Lindgren-Fox
Staal

Hank
Georgey

That would be my ideal lineup

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
My guess for the roster is

Andersson and Howden stay up
Chytil and Kravtsov sent down
McKegg stays with the team, Nieves sent down
Smith is the 13F/7D

Outside chance they keep Morrow on vet minimum. Haley no chance he gets a contract

Panarin-Zibby-Buch
Kreider-Strome-Kakko
Lemieux -Andersson-Namestnikov
McKegg-Howden-Fast

Skjei-Trouba
Staal-DeAngelo
Hajek-Fox

Can swap Andersson and Howden cause I think Quinn likes Howden more than Lias

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I gotta send Chytil down for the same reasons I would have sent Lias down last year. Gotta send a message if you don’t come to perform and produce you don’t get handed a spot. And that the only way to get better is to be put in positions to succeed. Chytil is a top six center. Go be that in the A and work yourself back. But you don’t get a spot at 20 just because.

Lias on the other hand got in shape and worked his butt off as a bottom 6 center and did everything you want from your bottom 6 centers. He earned it

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
One thing I’ve been meaning to post about for a long time but haven’t had the time is the Chytil center talk.

I personally see Chytil as a center type, so I am not biased in that direction. But — I just want to point out — that the fact that a player say something himself or describes his back-ground means much less than what it is attributed.

I don’t know how many times I’ve seen players describe themselves in just a very misleading way.

And it’s not odd. So often there it is from the players POV very tactical to be seen as being natural at a certain role or as being capable of handling a certain role. When you make a pitch for yourself it’s only natural to portray yourself as a good candidate. Exaggerations etc.

So for me those comments from Filip don’t “settle” anything. We had a big opening at center, I would expect nothing else than a kid who — even if he just had play some center as a kid and some wing — would describe himself as a natural center and so forth. JMHO.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
I'm sure he doesn't get past Ottawa on waivers, but would like to see a Ho-Sang claim if he ever got to us.

Usually I'm all for reclamation projects but I'll eat my hat if this kid ever turns it around. He's been a train wreck since he was drafted.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
If there was ever a coach you’d trust to help that kid figure it out it would be Quinn.

Righty shot. Can skate. Could put him next to Lias and Namestnikov on the third line and put Chytil and Kravtsov comfortably in the A without pressure. Not the worst idea at all. Pretty low risk high reward

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Ho Sang is intriguing, but seems more like a gamble a team on the brink of competing would take. We're still trying to build a roster.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Usually I'm all for reclamation projects but I'll eat my hat if this kid ever turns it around. He's been a train wreck since he was drafted.

Quite possible, I actually would see if Quinn could get through to him, if not, you just dump him, as he would just be giving up on a waiver claim, and not letting one your own former top draft picks leave for nothing.

Still really young, and could then start some of the kids in Hartford to marinate.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
There's enough talent with Ho-Sang that some team will likely claim him. Though you could easily argue he hasn't improved since he was drafted. He gets by purely on skill. No work ethic away from the puck whatsoever.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Ho-Sang will be claimed. Won't be by the Rangers though

I also think there is some major hyperbole from Ranger fans about the guy. People make it seem like the Isles are committing a cardinal sin by not keeping him around, and they are such idiots.

Like give me a break

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
There's enough talent with Ho-Sang that some team will likely claim him. Though you could easily argue he hasn't improved since he was drafted. He gets by purely on skill. No work ethic away from the puck whatsoever.

Sounds like a couple guys here that Quinn was able to turn around

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Ho-Sang will be claimed. Won't be by the Rangers though

I also think there is some major hyperbole from Ranger fans about the guy. People make it seem like the Isles are committing a cardinal sin by not keeping him around, and they are such idiots.

Like give me a break

It's because our first was used to take him, I'd guess

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
In a year that's dedicated to development and seeing what we have, I don't see a reason not to put a claim in for JHS. There's nothing stopping the Rangers from waiving him if it doesn't work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad