Speculation: Roster Building Thread VI (2019/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
again fair take. it may well be too much for these young kids.

but chytl is a sophomore and hes been around a bit now. he was handed that spot and didn't do enough/anything to keep it. the team wanted him there. now its #16's spot.

chytl is just 20 yrs old and playing the 2C is a tall order. i agree. he didnt even look that good on the edge though. he just didnt perform.

is it that hes just too young and inexperienced or is it that hes lacking something ?

Yeah, time will tell on that, but I will say that "being around a bit now" is something that's a bit of an illusion when it comes to Chytil. Experience is an important way to build someone up, but they still have to mature and not just physically. There's still a fair amount of brain development, hormonal activity, etc that's still going on in a 20 year old. Age is still a factor, even when a guy has been gaining experience for a couple of years. Chytil might not have enough skill to overcome some of those kinds of things that are holding him back right now, but that's not a knock on him.

The pre-season was definitely a disappointing one from him, but at the same time... I'm not down on him. I think the AHL time will be good for him.

If this team was intent on being competitive this year, I'd be worried about it. The fact that we have a hole in the lineup in just the second full year of rebuild/transition isn't a major concern.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Pretty disappointing to see the player most frequently pegged for the 2C spot not make this roster.

Still, the right decisions based on preseason play.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Yeah it’s fine he’ll be solid in the A and sitting in the press box here. Certainly don’t want a kid as the 13th. Easily waived when the time comes

Bingo. Absolutely agree. A guy like Haley is perfect to play 15-20 games a year, sit in the press box most nights and do the occasional stint in Hartford if needed and I am sure he is happy as hell to do it.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Haley probably gets a 2 way deal and will start as the 13th forward. This puts McKegg in the lineup which he deserves.

10 93 89
20 16 24
48 28 90
14 21 17

Probably your starting 12

Considering your past posting history on Lias, I was about to yell at you for not having him. Then I remembered I'm f***ing stupid and he changed his number.

Carry on

Reactions: Kendo and Kupo

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I don't have an issue with a 2 way deal for Haley. I know I am probably one of like four people in total who are indifferent to the signing.

It's not surprising. They had McQuaid and McLeod on the team last year. Vet toughness is a good thing.

Yeah its totally fine, he was passable as a 13th in preseason

Yeah it’s fine he’ll be solid in the A and sitting in the press box here. Certainly don’t want a kid as the 13th. Easily waived when the time comes
And I make five. So, you’re wrong, @Gardner McKay. :p

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I'm good with it. Hopefully Chytil and Kravtsov can prove that they deserve to displace McKegg and Haley early on.
I think you *could* make the argument Kravtsov did play well enough. However, having him spend some time in the AHL to continue to work on some of the little things and when Names/Strome/Kreider are eventually traded, hopefully he can claim his spot then. Same with Chytil.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Hell yeah Kegger made the cut.

Chytils needed a wake-up call. Hope he and Kravtsov build some synergy in the AHL.

Andersson should 100 percent be the third line center over Howden.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Hell yeah Kegger made the cut.

Chytils needed a wake-up call. Hope he and Kravtsov build some synergy in the AHL.

Andersson should 100 percent be the third line center over Howden.
Yeah, it sucks that Chytil and Kravtsov couldn't force their way on but these are the right decisions for the roster at the moment. Hopefully they are glued together in Hartford and have a goood few weeks and are ready for call ups soon.

Hopefully McKegg is in 4th line duty and Haley is just the extra though.

With Howden I worry that DQ still sees him as better than Lias despite all preseason being evidence to the contrary. To be honest Howden didn't really do much to earn a spot but he's here over Chytil IMO bc he can be a bottom 6 player and Chytil is worth getting 1C in Hartford over 4C in NY.

But if DQ is still forcing Howden PP time and more ice time and better linemate than Lias and stuff I'm going to be pretty annoyed.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'm fine with Chytil going down as it will be a short term thing, but they better at least have him be the 1C there and playing with actual talent.

None of this wing bull**** or having Nieves play as the 1C

Chytil needs the minutes at center

Di Giuseppe-Chytil- Kravtsov could be good.

Reactions: Leetch3

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I think it’s the right call. I just think it’s important to recognize that all young kids need a lot of support and they should be put in a position they more or less can’t “fail” in. Hence you only have to room for so many kids. We also have a bunch of new faces. Two mega acquisitions in Panarin and Trouba. Four kids in Howden, Kakko, Lias and Fox.

It’s not wrong to take it easy from the get go. Look at EDM, they always tried to develop everyone at the same time, and if it meant that a kid ended up on a worthless role for that kid on a 3/4 line they left the kid there amen hoped for the best. It’s not the way to go.

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
Chytil better be hungry. What a let down his pre-season was. I wonder if he read too much into it. With everyone saying 2nd line Center is his etc. Regardless, Chytil and Kravtsov better rip up the A. Force Fast and Names to get demoted to 4th line or traded so they can walk in on the 3rd line Duty.

Kravtsov could use a little more help on the small sheet, but he should tear up the AHL. it's far slower than the KHL.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Hajek also made the roster, incidentally.

He's probably the one I'm least sold on being NHL ready, but it'll be trial by fire for him.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad