Speculation: Roster Building Thread V (2021 Offseason) - Hold them horses, only 45 days left until the draft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Neither did Wayne Gretzky.

tenor.gif

Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn

seems like Frederic and Debrusk haven’t played much this postseason. Hard to think a deal can’t be struck.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia

seems like Frederic and Debrusk haven’t played much this postseason. Hard to think a deal can’t be struck.

I like Frederic, he plays C and is cheaper then DeBrusk who needs a rather high QO. Maybe they throw in the rights to Halak in case we trade Georgie, we can talk to him early. They’d want a bigger LD - which means Robertson and that makes me pause unless they want a pick and lesser player, say a 3rd and Tarmo or Hajek

Reactions: egelband

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I continue to believe that Dvorak is the appropriate option if you are looking to replace Strome with a better two-way and faceoff center. He's about to start getting a lot more base salary, Arizona is probably stuck looking at another rebuild. He's young, and on a very reasonable long term contract for a 2C.

Jones for Dvorak could be a starting point.

Wasn't the word that Arizona didn't want to move him? I feel like they'll give that group another go with a new coach to see if it can get back on the right track. He'd be a strong target though. I'd be eyeing guys from that 2014 draft who could use a change of scenery the way Sam "Definitely just a 4th liner" Bennett did.

Fischer or Crouse would be interesting additions as well. Though I think Fischer and Gauthier might be redundant players. Speedy RHS wingers with size who haven't put together the offensive game but can bang bodies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Bossy was a better goal scorer than Gretzky. Gretzky had more goals in more games but check out goals per game stats. Bossy was better than 99 or 8 and I’m by no means an Islanders fan. :P

Gretzky played long enough to decline, Bossy didn't so goals per game isn't exactly an indicator of who was a better scorer. There is only one way to compare them and its over the length of time that Bossy played, around 10 years. Im not sure of the math on that but I'm fairly positive it would favour Gretzky.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
The high end guys will get paid, the medium end guys will get squeezed and the low end guys will take minimum anyways.

Buffalo is selling. What about Eakin for Howden
1- little over 2 million for a faceoff guy only 1 yr

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
OV= Brett Hull nothing more, nothing less. Sorry - I will give him that he is much more physical than Hull.

Reactions: leetch99

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Can we steal Trotz from the Isles please?

If the NYR had hired Trotz everyone would be going apesh*t that he and the organization are more concerned with just getting into the playoffs instead of developing the young offensive talent. "We are rebuilding, we shouldn't try to give that up just to squeak into an 8 seed." Screams would be heard that he's a terrible developmental coach. This brand of hockey won't get you over the top. You guys think Quinn road his vets? Try Trotz.

I swear, grass is always greener. That's why every Ranger coach in the last 30 years gets lambasted. "If we had just hired coach _____ then we'd be worlds better. Of course, some with reason, but others much less so.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
His goals/game is higher because he retired at age 30. Gretzky had a higher goals/game from his debut to age 30 than Bossy had.

Jagr would be the poster child for this. You can't compare the guy points per game fairly vs almost all other stars because the guy played long enough to be a shell of himself in his prime. If he retired at 33 his points per game would be astronomically higher. He played in the NHL until he was roughly 45.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
We might not be hiring Bruce Cassidy this off-season.

Also these are kinds of the "players" (how they play, size, grit) Rangers do need some of. I'm not saying specifically them but if the price is reasonable its not the worst idea. I'd look into Frederic first because he can play center and probably cheap. He was also a 1st round pick, there are wingers who can help the issues the Rangers have there (size/grit) in FA likely cheaper.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Honestly, you can make a case for all three to be the best and not be wrong. Gretzky, Bossy, Ovie.

Ovie, however, is the best power forward of all time.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I didn't focus on it too much because there was so much important stuff going on here at the same time, and the team was so bad at checking overall that it could have been the coach's fault/systemic, but man. Brendan Lemieux looked like a great guy to bring in with that Hayes trade and he was kind of a bum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad