Speculation: Roster Building Thread V (2021 Offseason) - Hold them horses, only 45 days left until the draft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Bad knees. Approaching his warranty expiration date. He probably has a few good years left but I'd be HIGHLY suspect of him going into his 30's. He's a UFA at 29? Signing him for 5 years? maaaaybe but I wouldn't. 6+? hell no.

he will turn 28 this November.. 5 years takes him to 33 and he would be playing with Panarin. He will easily outproduce Strome and is a way better two way player and more physical. I understand the knees but that problem has been taken care of. Has played most games 3 of the last 4 years. A much lesser risk than Eichel

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Deleted member 23124

I cant think of a worse coach to try to fix Seth Jones' game than AV. Flyers defensive zone structure is basically run around like headless chickens
The old "Helter Skelter" system....remember it all too well.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
he will turn 28 this November.. 5 years takes him to 33 and he would be playing with Panarin. He will easily outproduce Strome and is a way better two way player and more physical. I understand the knees but that problem has been taken care of. Has played most games 3 of the last 4 years. A much lesser risk than Eichel
Knees are never 'taken care of'. Its one thing to have a severe knee injury as a teen/early 20's... He's 27 and still having issues.

He's a good player but it's a major and imo unnecessary risk

Reactions: bl02

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I would still call Carolina about either Trocheck or Necas availability
I doubt either are available -maybe Trocheck of they really want to protect someone else in expansion.
I’d imagine Necas is an untouchable for them. He’s an absolute dynamo skater, just had a breakout year, and was one of their better F in the playoffs. It’d probably cost us Kakko

Reactions: NYRangers16

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I doubt either are available -maybe Trocheck of they really want to protect someone else in expansion.
I’d imagine Necas is an untouchable for them. He’s an absolute dynamo skater, just had a breakout year, and was one of their better F in the playoffs. It’d probably cost us Kakko

Hey you never know if you don’t ask. They have a glutton of guys who can play center. I agree Trocheck would be more likely and Id be fine with that

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Allan Walsh, the agent of (among others) Libor Hájek, explained this on Twitter a while ago. It mainly focuses on Canada-based players who can limit their taxes to 20%, which is roughly what players in "tax free states" would pay in local and federal tax combined

For anyone interested...

I’d assume that those funds don’t become available tax free until retirement age? Not the same.

Rich people definitely know how to avoid taxes, but your options are limited when it comes to contract compensation no?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I’d assume that those funds don’t become available tax free until retirement age? Not the same.

Rich people definitely know how to avoid taxes, but your options are limited when it comes to contract compensation no?

Signing bonuses give you a lot of freedom tax-wise.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
22 points in 42 games, a 45 point pace.

Played only 13 minutes a game, 10th among our forwards (3rd line minutes)

Younger than Lindgren and Fox.

His corsi was very respectable this year.

I think people think Chytil is older than he is because of how quickly he started out in the NHL post draft. He's not a finished product at all.

def not. If the choose to not trade him in a package for an upgrade at 2C they have to play him. I would love if he gets a shot, but I’d rather not see him on 3rd line with limited minutes again

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Only forward Carolina might look to move is Niederreider. Trocheck and Necas aren’t going anywhere

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
who said he called it cheating? It's a massive advantage and it's exacerbated by the flat cap.

I called the LTIR juggling borderline cheating. They have a $100M roster in the playoffs.. how is that not cheating the system/opponents? Add in the state tax issue and it make it even more sour
My apologies, I misunderstood your response. I thought your were implying Brooks was a clown for his take, and not necessarily attacking the competitive disadvantage.

That's on me, but I think people can under where I'm coming from with the constant Larry commentary. I'll slow down on my reading.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I want to see most of the kids get a year under Gallant now unless a trade absolutely falls into our laps maybe we wait to make a big move. If we're playing well at the TDL hell maybe they can always make it then

Reactions: jay from jersey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad