Speculation: Roster Building Thread V (2019/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Is Filip Chytil another Wojtek Wolski? I'll hang up and listen.
Wolski was putting 50pt season at 20.

I dont see that from Chytil anytime soon but if you're referring to Wolski fading into obscurity.. I would hope not but those red flags are there. It's silly to ignore them

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Panarin-Zibby-Buch
Kreider-Strome-Kakko
Krava-Nam-Smith
Lemieux-Howden-Fast
McKegg
Healey

Skjei-Trouba
Staal-ADA
Lindgren-Fox
Hajek

Hank
Georgie

$173,533 cap space

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I'm not high on Howden at all, and I loved him at the beginning last year.

Reactions: bl02

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
It's Weight. Then Savard. Then Stepan. They draft one or two good centers a decade. Plus in general these guys score the majority of their points for other franchises, like Weight and Savard because the Rangers trade them. At least Stepan played here for many years.

oh and Dave Gagner too I forgot him, but again he barely played 80 games for the Rangers and didn't become a regular until he went to Minnesota and scored 40 goals twice.

Rangers over the last 30 years always seemed to be trading for or signing as free agents their scoring centers rather than drafting and developing them. Messier, Gretzky, Ferraro, LaFontaine, Nedved, Lindros, Nylander, Rucchin, Cullen, Richards, Brassard, Zibanejad, etc.
Did we draft Ratelle?

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
What would Minnesota need to add in a Namestnikov for Rask trade?

Wouldn't touch it. Cap crippling move.

Somebody needs to off-set the $6M dead space from the Shattenkirk buyout next year while adding necessary pieces. Rask comes in at a very high opportunity cost.

Reactions: egelband

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Panarin-Zibby-Buch
Kreider-Strome-Kakko
Krava-Nam-Smith
Lemieux-Howden-Fast
McKegg
Healey

Skjei-Trouba
Staal-ADA
Lindgren-Fox
Hajek

Hank
Georgie

$173,533 cap space
Has to wait for a deal to be made.

Ummm yea not a chance in hell, Lias has been wonderful so far in the preseason, he doesn’t have to wait for anything and putting Brendan smith on your third line is laughable

NYRFANMANI

Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Ummm yea not a chance in hell, Lias has been wonderful so far in the preseason, he doesn’t have to wait for anything and putting Brendan smith on your third line is laughable

Boohoo folks, so Smith is on the forth line and Fast is on the third, whatever. Lias has been better than Chytil. Watched yesterday, could be the training camp but Chytil looked weak on his legs and he was weak on the boards.

So one of McKegg or Haley will be sent down in favour of Andersson. We won't see all of the kids in the NHL immediately, they will continue to showcase the guys that should get dealt throughout the first half of the season.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Boohoo folks, so Smith is on the forth line and Fast is on the third, whatever. Lias has been better than Chytil. Watched yesterday, could be the training camp but Chytil looked weak on his legs and he was weak on the boards.

So one of McKegg or Haley will be sent down in favour of Andersson. We won't see all of the kids in the NHL immediately, they will continue to showcase the guys that should get dealt throughout the first half of the season.

However unlikely, Howden should be sent down. He needs a better all around game and more consistency. Same for Chytil. They need some time, and I’m high on both of them. I’m not so sure Kravtsov is ready yet. No need to rush him.

I’d like to see how Nams would do centering Kakko and Kreider. Or have him at RW with Lemmy and Lias.

No choice but to put our trust in Quinn.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

You lose rights to post any lineup when you have Smith starting anywhere in the forward group. Forget what else you got wrong, that right there is egregious. And you follow it up with an arrogant “boohoo”....the last thing you should be is arrogant with that garbage you threw up

Reactions: Rangers in 7

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
My opening night roster:

• Forwards (12): Lias Andersson, Pavel Buchnevich, Filip Chytil, Jesper Fast, Brett Howden, Kaapo Kakko, Chris Kreider, Brendan Lemieux, Vladislav Namestnikov, Artemi Panarin, Ryan Strome, Mika Zibanejad.
  • Defensemen (6): Tony DeAngelo, Adam Fox, Libor Hajek, Brady Skjel, Marc Staal, Jacob Trouba.
  • Goaltenders (2): Alexandar Georgiev, Henrik Lundqvist
Spares: Brendan Smith, possibly Haley/Nieves

Lindgren played well enough to make the team, but he needs to play. He's too young, not to mention not the type (leader, for sure), to sit on the bench. Keep Smith around for that because he can play both F & D.

Kravstov also needs minutes in the A.

Andersson took a step forward in the pre-season. Let's see if he can take that step in the regular season and quiet down the second guessing.

Lines:

Panarin / Zib / Buch
Kreider / Strome / Kakko
Chytil / Andersson / Namestnikov
Lemieux / Howden / Fast

Trouba / Skjei
ADA / Staal
Fox / Hajek

*** just want to add that Strome/Andersson are neck and neck for 2C

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband and Cag29

NYRFANMANI

Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
You lose rights to post any lineup when you have Smith starting anywhere in the forward group. Forget what else you got wrong, that right there is egregious. And you follow it up with an arrogant “boohoo”....the last thing you should be is arrogant with that garbage you threw up

lmao, calm down there, your post is quite arrogant in and of itself too. Smith looked infinitely better at fwd than defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad