Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Why does Florida want Panarin? They just had Huberdeau break out... Who would he be replacing? Panarin is better than Hoffman but there's not a drastic improvement there.

Their issue is not offense. 267 GF with Trocheck missing/hurt for a decent portion.

We'd be going from Names/Vesey to Panarin. That's a monumental difference.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
These are the types of signings that more often than not don't work out. If it's short term fine but it won't and never will be for guys under 31-32.

Well, every UFA contract should be considered to be for diminished value at the end. 6-7 I definitely wouldn’t go. 4-5, which I consider medium term, I’d probably do.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Why does Florida want Panarin? They just had Huberdeau break out... Who would he be replacing? Panarin is better than Hoffman but there's not a drastic improvement there.

Their issue is not offense. 267 GF with Trocheck missing/hurt for a decent portion.

I think Bobrovsky is probably their higher priority.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Well, every UFA contract should be considered to be for diminished value at the end. 6-7 I definitely wouldn’t go. 4-5, which I consider medium term, I’d probably do.

4-5 year deal with a somewhat reasonable price and I’m definitely on board for that.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

Owner(s) are supposedly committing to building a winner and stop being a cap floor-ish team. Quenville was a step in that direction. Panarin has ties to coach Q, obviously. I think they are the front runners.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Brett Connolly could be an interesting player to watch. He had 46 points this season in a sort of breakout year for him. I don’t think anyone’s convinced, so he might be had for a bargain.

Reactions: BBKers

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Owner(s) are supposedly committing to building a winner and stop being a cap floor-ish team. Quenville was a step in that direction. Panarin has ties to coach Q, obviously. I think they are the front runners.
It's not a position of need. It doesn't make sense in that regard. It'd be an upgrade but that's just poor asset management.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Chytil for Trouba. ( IF he's not going to be a center )

I know most of the board would be against it.

Reactions: Midikem

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
It's not a position of need. It doesn't make sense in that regard. It'd be an upgrade but that's just poor asset management.
I think the idea would be to sign Panarin and trade Hoffman for a RHD or assets that they could flip for that defenseman. Hoffman is a UFA after the season also.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
If FLA does sign Panarin, which I dont understand, I'd look to get one of their players.

Hoffman is great on the PP.
Huberdeau is a stud who just broke out.

Chytil + for Huberdeau so they can have their Panarin.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
If FLA does sign Panarin, which I dont understand, I'd look to get one of their players.

Hoffman is great on the PP.
Huberdeau is a stud who just broke out.

Chytil + for Huberdeau so they can have their Panarin.

why would we be moving chytil ?

thats not gonna happen

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey

Their coach loves him, he and Bob would make them instant contenders rather than a bubble team.

If he’s not much better than Hoffman, why should we give him $9-10m for 7 years?

Reactions: Berserk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad