Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Its a problem because some here want to be bad next year and signing Panarin ruins their dream of that happening.

But even if they dont sign Panarin, Gorton is not going to sit on his hands. Had we not gotten the 2nd overall pick then maybe this is a different conversation. Maybe. He is going to make the team competitive in some fashion.

It's not about wanting to be bad. It's more about not being ready to go all in again. Not a fan of short cutting the rebuild and I think that's exactly what we'd be doing.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
RGY said:
Dude grow up. Grow up man. If you are even a man.

I wont hit the ignore button. That has only ever been put to use for one poster. Youre coming at me but you have multiple posters coming at you. Its quite amusing.

You are entitled to your opinion and no one is going to talk down to you like you have tried so very hard to do with anyone that is for signing Panarin.

Fool.

Hey, you're the one that's running and hiding from a wager.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
i would sign him at 5 years or less

he’s gonna get 7 so basically a no from me

it’s all but guaranteed that he’s Florida bound though so it’s probably moot.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Hey, you're the one that's running and hiding from a wager.

You don’t need a wager that drastic to prove a point. Neither opinion here is right or wrong.

As the head ambassador of Team Scorched Earth, I have no interest in seeing us pursue someone like Panarin... But some of the arguments why should are well thought out and do make sense.

I can respect the different opinions here. It’s good food thought and had circumstances been just a bit different here, I’d be on that bandwagon myself.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
**** dude I didn’t think anything would make you lean towards Panarin :laugh:

2OA changes a ton of things for me.

Our defense still needs a ton of work, but if we're adding Kakko and someone like Dach (who spends one more year in Juniors, at most) its something that should be considered.

I'd still lean against it, but if the above takes place I get it.

I think theres no way he doesn't end up in Florida though.

Reactions: kovazub94 and RGY

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
My gut is that the timing isnt right for Panarin. A little too early.

But the upside is that if he does sign, the handful of Gorton whisperers on here who jump down everyone’s throat when his name gets mentioned will absolutely lose their minds.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Too much 'timing' talking with Panarin.

Good player but no.

I just don't think he's the guy for the term and dollar. Pass.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
At this point, I’m more interested whether or not Gorton has anyone else besides Panarin on his mind. We all seem to be pretty unified over not wanting another lesser top-6 player like Skinner or Dzingel. We never do talk about Duchene, who did have 70 points in 73 games this year, but I think we’re all unified saying no to that.

But you wonder about a middle 6 player, especially if they do trade Kreider. There are a few interesting names out there. Ferland. Donskoi, Tanev, Connolly are all 26 at this moment. I wonder what Gorton’s thinking is there.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
At this point, I’m more interested whether or not Gorton has anyone else besides Panarin on his mind. We all seem to be pretty unified over not wanting another lesser top-6 player like Skinner or Dzingel. We never do talk about Duchene, who did have 70 points in 73 games this year, but I think we’re all unified saying no to that.

But you wonder about a middle 6 player, especially if they do trade Kreider. There are a few interesting names out there. Ferland. Donskoi, Tanev, Connolly are all 26 at this moment. I wonder what Gorton’s thinking is there.

Donskoi is 27 as of Saturday.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Donskoi is 27 as of Saturday.

Yeah, I didn’t feel like going through each guy to see when they turn 27. Was why I said at this moment.

Also, misled by CapFriendly, which has several of those guys listed at 26 on their UFA list, but they’re really 27.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad