Do GM's use CapFriendly too?

Pierre Dorion does

4ijwvcirp1t71.jpg

Reactions: duhmetreE

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Not for Krastov if that’s the ask, he’s been one of our best forwards since his call up. Not to mention he fills a huge need for the Avs.
I don't imagine he's available but the Rangers would probably brutally overpay for him. He's exactly what we need and we have the assets.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Clearly the Rangers would need to add to Kravtsov if Newhook is the target. I'd be willing to add quite a bit - we really need young cost controlled centers badly.

I don't imagine he's available but the Rangers would probably brutally overpay for him. He's exactly what we need and we have the assets.

I mean he’s a huge need for both teams, but what would the offer be? If it’s a massive enough over payment I’d love to see it.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Fair point, I should have added the caveat, see how this team performs the rest of the year and in the POs this spring. If we genuinely think that we can win with this roster, you don’t make those moves. But if there is some distances to go — we cannot fail to realize that there only will be subtractions to this roster from here on. Then you move Kreider who objectively is easy to replace and Strome who got a ton of downside, coupling in that they come at a great cost. JMHO.

So unless a team is a cup contender they should be sellers? How will they ever become a cup contender?

Reactions: duhmetreE

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
What do you need? defense that actually plays defense?

Not really, our current top 7 when healthy is:
Makar, Toews, Girard, Byram, E. Johnson, J. Johnson, Murray. Three of our top 4 prospects are defenseman in J. Barron, Helleson and Behrens.

Colorado needs forwards on bargain deals or ELC, as well as a goalie or two. Newhook is the exact player they need, so the overpay would have to be outrageous.

Reactions: tbassler

brians1128

Nov 1, 2016
Not really, our current top 7 when healthy is:
Makar, Toews, Girard, Byram, E. Johnson, J. Johnson, Murray. Three of our top 4 prospects are defenseman in J. Barron, Helleson and Behrens.

Colorado needs forwards on bargain deals or ELC, as well as a goalie or two. Newhook is the exact player they need, so the overpay would have to be outrageous.

Sounds like theres no deal to be made.

Reactions: Perratrooper

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Arthur Staple has been amazing so far. what a great add for us...

Bread and Butter bromance

talks about our change since the Florida game

how KAM has been slipping the past few games and how Nemeth has been solid

How comically bad Gauther+Chytil are at converting HDC the past couple weeks

That last chart shows why we've been so much better, High and mid danger chances in our favor, low danger chances for the opposition.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
you cant just declare a contract void.
NHL Contracts are guaranteed unlike NFL ones. Kane is getting his money and the PA will absolutely fight to the death to prevent the sharks from cancelling it as thats their job.
Kane has absolutely done stupid things, but you can argue that there's nhl players who've done significantly worse than him and you'd be correct.

He is in danger territory. Faking a test alone could be enough.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
He was playing with Pierre Luc Dubois and Cam Atkinson....those are good players.
Dubois did not even have 50 pts .....a rookie and he was listed as a LW ...but maybe he was a C ? Atkinson had even less points and is currently a 3rd line RW with Philly . Did you mean Atkinson was a C or that he was a winger with him ? Either way...they were carried by Panarin....and I rest my case....Panarin can play with almost anybody .

Last edited:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Anyone saying he sucks is being disingenuous, but I think most of us who aren't on board with resigning him look to the play-in of 2020 & games down the stretch last year when he was a complete non-factor & have serious reservations if he can create time & space when the games really matter.
When your $11 million dollar man Panarin continues to put up some of the best numbers of his career with Strome at center, you re-sign Strome. When Strome puts up the numbers he has this year, you re-sign Strome. If Strome wants more than 4 years, you do not re-sign Strome.

Now, after saying Strome as many times as I have had, I'm suffering from Semantic Satiation.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
IF we are sold on Turcotte to be a Cirelli/Larkin type...

Lindgren for Turcotte?

would you?

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
He is in danger territory. Faking a test alone could be enough.
While I absolutely think what he did was moronic, and stupid, i doubt it is.
Unless he faces some sort of criminal penalties, which he likely won’t, there’s almost no precedent, and the union would absolutely fight like mad against this.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
IF we are sold on Turcotte to be a Cirelli/Larkin type...

Lindgren for Turcotte?

would you?

Gotta pass. Turcotte is just another maybe and this team is kinda hanging on more of those than is comfortable already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad