Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I don't want him under any circumstance, but just since it has been a topic of discussion -- it must only be a matter of time before SJ declares Kane's contract null and void, right?

Forging a vaccine pass, running around with a gun, this is more than Richards did.

Reactions: Lion Hound

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Arthur Staple has been amazing so far. what a great add for us...

Bread and Butter bromance

talks about our change since the Florida game

how KAM has been slipping the past few games and how Nemeth has been solid

How comically bad Gauther+Chytil are at converting HDC the past couple weeks

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
If anyone is interested (and has the opportunity to watch), there is a Champions Hockey League game on NHL network at noon EST. Tappara Tampere vs Dragons de Rouen.

Patrick Virta (Rangers 7th rounder in 2017) playing for Tampere. I didn't recognize any of the other names.

Gr8CornHolio

Feb 20, 2020
You think they are rolling Georgiev on both games of these back to back or is Huska getting one?

Right now really can’t risk Georgiev getting hurt from over work in a back to back

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago

What a great read. Not gonna kick up any more old dust...but let's just say we are very lucky to have Staple, IMO.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I don't want him under any circumstance, but just since it has been a topic of discussion -- it must only be a matter of time before SJ declares Kane's contract null and void, right?

Forging a vaccine pass, running around with a gun, this is more than Richards did.

you cant just declare a contract void.
NHL Contracts are guaranteed unlike NFL ones. Kane is getting his money and the PA will absolutely fight to the death to prevent the sharks from cancelling it as thats their job.
Kane has absolutely done stupid things, but you can argue that there's nhl players who've done significantly worse than him and you'd be correct.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

It wont happen unless they start losing, but i think there is merit to flipping Laf & Kreider. Lafreniere would be a great setup man, allowing Mika to be the trigger man on his line, and Kreider would add a finisher to the Chytil Gauthier pairing. Something for Gallant to have in his back pocket

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010

I don't need stats to tell me that, but it is nice sometimes to be reminded that I know what I'm watching. Haha.

There was a clear example of Chytil's lack of vision last game where he had the puck high above the circles with a great opportunity to pass to the left wing, which was Goat on his off-side, for a one-timer. He instead took a wrist shot from far out right into the goalies chest.

Of course, as we know with both of them, even if he passed to Goat, he would probably miss the net.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018

Watching the 3rd line struggles to finish has made me think Kakko on that line would fix Laf's and Chytil's woes, that third line cycle game fits Kaapo's cycle game nicely. But playing on the top line getting comfortable with Zib and Kreider is also great for his growth.

KAM needs to focus on getting his basic D game as stable as he can, the creative offense can come later plenty of time for that.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Larry talks about breaking up Lindgren and Fox.

That they are too small for playoff hockey and that they'd get targeted. To some extent Calgary found success in hounding Lindgren already.

Suggests Edmundson @ 50% from Montreal or Lindholm to play with Fox. Slotting Lindgren with Trouba, and KAM w/ Nemeth? or Jones/Lundkvist

I haven't watched Edmundson play recently but, last few times I did I recall him being f***ing awful.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Should put the final nail in the coffin for the uhhrrr durr strome sux crowd.

Since then, Strome and Panarin have been the strongest Ranger forwards at generating chances while limiting the opposition, as the charts show below.

Strome’s numbers are most stark: nearly a two-to-one ratio of HDCF to HDCA.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
It wont happen unless they start losing, but i think there is merit to flipping Laf & Kreider. Lafreniere would be a great setup man, allowing Mika to be the trigger man on his line, and Kreider would add a finisher to the Chytil Gauthier pairing. Something for Gallant to have in his back pocket
I think the initial line would work. Laf Zibs Kreider

Panarin Strome Kakko were absolute gangbusters.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010

Maybe he's convincing him to come here

It would take the Hawks and another team both retaining 50% to make that happen. Not likely.

But for the hell of it, Chytil, Hajek and Kravtsov to Chicago for Kane @50% to Arizona who gets Lundqvist for another 50% retention.

20-93-24
10-16-88
13-21-15
29-17-75

Though I want it to be known that I would rather not have any Hawks players at the moment.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
You think they are rolling Georgiev on both games of these back to back or is Huska getting one?

Right now really can’t risk Georgiev getting hurt from over work in a back to back

I hope Huska gets a game at some point. I believe this team can tighten up defensively when needed. Shut down opposing teams.

Embrace the chaos and let the team show us what obstacles they can overcome.

I also just really want to see our other G prospects get a look. Wall too.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods

Isn’t he a islanders fan? Also Larry is insane to suggest Kam and Nemeth

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Should put the final nail in the coffin for the uhhrrr durr strome sux crowd.

Anyone saying he sucks is being disingenuous, but I think most of us who aren't on board with resigning him look to the play-in of 2020 & games down the stretch last year when he was a complete non-factor & have serious reservations if he can create time & space when the games really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad