Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Namestnikov is the guy who, if I am Gorton, I attempt to maximize at this deadline who has time left on his deal. McQuaid, Zuccarello and Hayes are a 'duh'. Namestnikov would be a smart guy to move if he can get, say, a 2nd and a prospect.

There have still been close to no rumors of teams moving salary or cap to create space. That's surprising

Reactions: NewLife

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Don't forget Zucc is in contract talks, it would surprise me if they can't agree on deal.
Don't take LESS than you are worth Zuccha, (from the Rangers) please don't. Get what you can from ANOTHER TEAM next year, but at least retrieve us what YOU ARE worth, to the Rangers. You're loyalty is with the Rangers, so do what is best for the Rangers moving forward. We PROMISE to want you back next year, and we will reward you with a "C" that you deserve, but at a hometown discount. Okay? Deal? Good!

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm listening to Leafs lunch right now. Both Dreger and McKenzie have confirmed the Leafs have been in discussions with the Rangers in regards to McQuaid.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Question for the off-season.

Would anyone be opposed to a David Backes for Marc Staal swap? 1 for 1.

Same contract length. Backes makes $300k more than Staal but he can play wing or center. It creates a spot fora young d-man and is much easier to play a guy like Backes on the 3rd line than trying to insulate a defenseman

Reactions: wafflepadsave

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
They have three 2020 7th rounders, so they really are the perfect trade partner.

Gorton's goal must be to get to a position were he -- after the last pick in the 6th round is made -- can walk up to the podium and leave in a list of the remaining picks of the draft.

Reactions: E-Train

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida

So if Nashville goes all in and wins Stone from Bruins, doesn't that mean Boston would be a "dark horse" for Hayes? My gut tells me Boston. Just too many things pointing towards Boston, even though they NEED a winger, Hayes suits depth at 3C AND alternative to be a winger. I know I am crazy, and doesn't exactly fit the perfect fit......but sometimes trades happen alternatively.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Seriously, if we draft high in 17', 18' and 19', and maybe get a higher pick in 20' but not multiple 1sts, its perfect to have a bunch of 7th rounders in 20'. Those late round picks will arrive -- to the extent they do arrive -- later on. Give us a bit more organizational depth at a point where we don't have a ton of higher picks joining the ranks on a yearly basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad