Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Don't forget Zucc is in contract talks, it would surprise me if they can't agree on deal.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Don't forget Zucc is in contract talks, it would surprise me if they can't agree on deal.

I wouldn't be surprised either way. What would surprise me is if both Hayes and Zucc were extended. At most I think one of them might stay.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
A cap dump makes it Addison and a 1st.

Pearson is more than a mere cap dump. He has 2 years left after this one at $3.75m cap hit. NO WAY. Unless they also retain some cap, say $750k. So maybe:

Pearson (with $750k retained) + Addison + PIT 1st + PIT 3rd for Zuccarello (with $750k retained)

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Does Pittsburgh want to get rid of Pearson? They could have just kept Hagelin. Would be a lot easier to get out from under.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

ticking-clock.gif

RIP in Pieces, Webby.

It's coming. You're going.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Dont forget a 7th in 2020.

Of Course, How else would Gorton win his 1 dollar Brewster's Millions / Trading Places style bet he made with Sather?

First he has to get all the 2020 7ths, then he has to trade them all away at or before the 2020 draft.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
This deadline scares me a little. I have no idea what we are going to be watching next Wednesday. I hate the thought of paying MSG prices for minor league hockey.
Look at it as an investment. Easy for me to say, it's not my money. So therefore, I am sorry. But yeah, I would be concerned. I reiterate, it would be a HUGE mistake to trade Kreids in addition to those that supposedly are "already gone". That ONE player (Kreids) is the difference between going into the 2nd phase of a rebuild.......opposed to literally starting from scratch. 1 step forward, 2 or 3 YEARS back.
I don't want that for you......nor, me and other Rangers fans. In my case, I may NOT have that much time, to go through a 4-6 yr rebuild. This needs to be 2-3 and icing at least a more than competitive team.......kind of like what we have now, before the ensuing trades. Kudos for our guys, we really were supposed to be worse than this, but its actually inevitable, and the losses will come in droves once Zuccha, McQuaid and Hayes are history. If you really think about it, those are our BEST puck controlling/best passers we have. Who will do that passing to Kreids or Zbad? Even losing a Namestnikov or Vesey will really hurt this team. They may not be producing much, but who will replace them? Not like we have NHL ready players to replace them. Yeah, it will be painful and I am sorry for your lost $75-100. Enjoy the good food, and try not to throw up, upon completion of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad