• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
If you break down that deal it’s not horrendous although I’m not sure how it helps Edmonton’s cap issues.

we discussed something around Buch + for Nurse a while back

Kreider’s value is a 1st + good prospect more than likely. Someone like Yamamoto or Bear maybe. Puljujaarvi I think is too valuable for a rental.

Georgiev probably is a guy I’d move for something like Puljujaarvi + something small.
Yes, I added taking back a contract to help the Oilers.
The only problem is the only really bad contract is Neal’s and he been scoring a lot so far this season and has too many years left.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
What about something around Buch at half his cap hit for this season (RFA at years end)? That way he’s controllable and he fits their cap space this year? Not sure on the return but that’s an option. To me that would be an easier sell to the Oilers and Buch isn’t untouchable for the Rangers

Reactions: egelband

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I really wish Toronto had more attractive prospects for a Georgiev deal. No good young centers. Sandin is not available. Robertson is probably not available. Bracco isn’t good enough.

Maybe something like Bracco and a 2nd that becomes a 1st if Toronto makes a long enough playoff run?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I really wish Toronto had more attractive prospects for a Georgiev deal. No good young centers. Sandin is not available. Robertson is probably not available. Bracco isn’t good enough.

Maybe something like Bracco and a 2nd that becomes a 1st if Toronto makes a long enough playoff run?

Adding to Georgiev for Kapanen would be great. So would trading Skjei + Georgiev for Nylander

Reactions: RGY and Minmonster

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I've been proposing Georgiev, Skjei and Kravstov for Nylander and Kapanen. Put it on the main boards a few weeks ago and several Leafs fans were on board.

I like this deal but it’s a significant cap increase for us. Goodbye Strome. Would need a good asset back in that deal as well. Any thoughts on good trading partners for a prospective Strome deal? Vancouver? Calgary? Nashville?

(I’m only in favor of trading Strome if we skilled center comes back to us)

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
What about something around Buch at half his cap hit for this season (RFA at years end)? That way he’s controllable and he fits their cap space this year? Not sure on the return but that’s an option. To me that would be an easier sell to the Oilers and Buch isn’t untouchable for the Rangers
So, if I am reading you correctly you believe that Buchnevich at 50% retained, Skjei and Georgiev for Nurse, Edmonton’s 2020 and 2022 1st plus us taking back a contract that expires no later than 2021 from the Oilers is closer to the mark?

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Toronto has a goalie they are not going to make a trade during the season giving up roster players to get a guy who most likely will play zero playoff games for them.

Reactions: Tob

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Toronto has a goalie they are not going to make a trade during the season giving up roster players to get a guy who most likely will play zero playoff games for them.

Only a team without a good #1 will make the trade for George given the asking price.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
So, if I am reading you correctly you believe that Buchnevich at 50% retained, Skjei and Georgiev for Nurse, Edmonton’s 2020 and 2022 1st plus us taking back a contract that expires no later than 2021 from the Oilers is closer to the mark?

Not sure about the larger deal but I do believe that Buch would be a better addition for Edmonton just because they can re-sign him. They need offensive depth beyond this year.

I’d probably consider Puljujaarvi + EDM 1st for Buch

if they want Georgiev than we’re probably talking adding another good prospect or close to NHL ready young player, preferably a forward. I don’t see a fit for that return.

Skjei I think makes more sense elsewhere.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY

I don’t see EDM trading two first founders unless a young star is coming back. Buchnevich isn’t that that.

Buch for a first to EDM or Buch/Georgiev for 1st/Pulju

Kreider to wherever for a 1st and young bottom 6er or B prospect

Georgiev may get lumped in going to EDM or maybe Toronto for a 2nd+B prospect. Best bet is someone’s goalie goes down and they overpay.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
If you're going to trade Georgiev to Toronto, you need to sell him as a potential starter who can give Andersson a break this season. Even if it means adding a prospect or pick to Georgie, you gotta do better than Bracco and a pick or Bracco and Timashov.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Only a team without a good #1 will make the trade for George given the asking price.

We’re probably looking at teams like:
Detroit
Edmonton
Carolina
Dallas
Calgary
Buffalo
Ottawa

Possibilities also
Toronto
Boston
Chicago

There are actually quite a few teams who could use either a 1B who could grow into a 1A or soon need a heir apparent.

Reactions: egelband and Tob

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
We’re probably looking at teams like:
Detroit
Edmonton
Carolina
Dallas
Calgary
Buffalo
Ottawa

Possibilities also
Toronto
Boston
Chicago

There are actually quite a few teams who could use either a 1B who could grow into a 1A or soon need a heir apparent.

I think Phoenix/AZ is possible too

Reactions: NYR Viper

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Lot of Leaf fans feel this way as well and on the surface you are right BUT they are gonna wear Andersen down before the playoffs even start. I think it does make a difference in today's game where the races are so tight (the Leafs aren't guaranteed anything right now in the division). It just comes down to how much the Leafs are willing to pay.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
And Regarding Georgiev I am not looking to help an Eastern conference team we may be dealing with in the future like Detroit/Toronto/NJ/Buffalo/Carolina unless its a big difference in the return.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
how are the Rangers going to afford that?

Kreider traded
Strome traded
Staal buyout
Smith demoted

It would work I believe

Oh, I checked the numbers and he’s at $6 million per year each of the next four years. He’s getting paid $9 million this year and thought that was his every year number.

Maybe yet hate to part ways with a cheap Krav yet know he’s proven nothing yet.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I proposed on the main board a trade around Georgiev and either Skjei or Buch for Anathasiou+Helm+picks/prospects. That didn't go over very well.

I really don't want to trade Georgiev. I don't see a point in it. I said the Rangers are going to win three games this month. They're at two. The next four games are the season to me. They're going to need other worldly goaltending the next few games. If Lundqvist plays they're cooked.

If they go 0-4 or 1-3 honestly the best thing to do is shut Lundqvist down the rest of the season and just rotate the kids.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
In the same way that the organization had circled the post-western Canada trip as Shesterkin's debut (Jan 7 Colorado), I would think a trade will be constructed (if not completed) following the next four games (and into the Jan 22-30 hiatus).

I have no feel for what will happen, but I just don't think Kreider is going. Maybe I'm in denial. Maybe I'm convinced JD sees his value and will find room. Could someone overpay on DeAngelo? The end for Buchnevich must be near, yes? Aside from Jimmy Vesey, I have never been so underwhelmed by a player here.

Something is coming... Right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lion Hound

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I proposed on the main board a trade around Georgiev and either Skjei or Buch for Anathasiou+Helm+picks/prospects. That didn't go over very well.

I really don't want to trade Georgiev. I don't see a point in it. I said the Rangers are going to win three games this month. They're at two. The next four games are the season to me. They're going to need other worldly goaltending the next few games. If Lundqvist plays they're cooked.

If they go 0-4 or 1-3 honestly the best thing to do is shut Lundqvist down the rest of the season and just rotate the kids.

They aren't making the playoffs this year barring the defense magically figuring itself out.

If they're listening on Georgiev it means management thinks Shesty is the better option for the future starter, that Henrik will play until his contract ends, and that Huska/Wall are potential competent backups. It's really as simple as that. Same reason why Anaheim traded Andersen instead of Gibson.It was gonna be one or the other.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Kreider and Georgiev are gone. There’s really no argument against it at this point. Gorton needs to get it right. This is the final deadline sell.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I don’t see EDM trading two first founders unless a young star is coming back. Buchnevich isn’t that that.

Buch for a first to EDM or Buch/Georgiev for 1st/Pulju

Kreider to wherever for a 1st and young bottom 6er or B prospect

Georgiev may get lumped in going to EDM or maybe Toronto for a 2nd+B prospect. Best bet is someone’s goalie goes down and they overpay.
I believe Darnell Nurse is a player that would help round out our defensive corp. I would love to see our team acquire him in a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad