Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXII

What to do with Kreider?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
It'd be good if Gorton can in fact pull off Georgiev for a good young 3rd line player.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Want to be an armchair GM on the main board for the first time so am asking for critique on a proposal I would like to post.
Chris Kreider 50% retained, Alex Georgiev and Brady Skjei to Edmonton for Darnell Nurse, Oilers 2020 1st round and Oilers 2022 1st rounder and New York takes back a contract from the Oilers.
Awaiting feedback.
Thanks.

I’d have more interest in Benson and Puljujarvi than Nurse who’ll be an RFA next season. And not sure if Kreider accepts a trade to Edmonton.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
We need Jake Virtanen

but if VAN management that drafted him over Nylander Ehler never gave up on him before his best season this season, they're not going to trade him now without an overpayment and not for a UFA to be either.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
shut up you depraved vancouverite.
Annoys me watching him on the Canucks knowing how perfect he'd be on the Rangers, close friends with Brendan Lemieux too. We could have a bromance of agitators between Lemieux ADA & Jake. They have literally 1 NHL caliber young dman/d prospect, and we have d prospects up the wazoo
Jones, Keane, Andersson for Virtanen

Reactions: egelband

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Want to be an armchair GM on the main board for the first time so am asking for critique on a proposal I would like to post.
Chris Kreider 50% retained, Alex Georgiev and Brady Skjei to Edmonton for Darnell Nurse, Oilers 2020 1st round and Oilers 2022 1st rounder and New York takes back a contract from the Oilers.
Awaiting feedback.
Thanks.

You’re going to get roasted.

Two first rounders and Nurse for Kreider who isn’t resigning, Skjei whose underperformed, and Georgiev whose promising but not proven and appears to be the odd man out.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I’d have more interest in Benson and Puljujarvi than Nurse who’ll be an RFA next season. And not sure if Kreider accepts a trade to Edmonton.
Do you have the details of Kreider’s limited trade clause?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
If you break down that deal it’s not horrendous although I’m not sure how it helps Edmonton’s cap issues.

we discussed something around Buch + for Nurse a while back

Kreider’s value is a 1st + good prospect more than likely. Someone like Yamamoto or Bear maybe. Puljujaarvi I think is too valuable for a rental.

Georgiev probably is a guy I’d move for something like Puljujaarvi + something small.

Reactions: Minmonster

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Do you have the details of Kreider’s limited trade clause?

He provides a list of teams he won’t accept trades to... I believe it’s 10, but I’m not sure about the number. He’s an East Coast American so a good chance Edmonton would be blocked but that’s only speculation on my part.

I also don’t see EDM paying heavily for a pure rental quite yet. Buchnevich (controllable) might make sense for them but no idea what they think of him,

Reactions: Clark Kellogg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad