Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXII

What to do with Kreider?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minmonster

May 13, 2018
I hope that I'm wrong but I just don't see much talent in hajek. He seems slow to react and his hockey iq seems equivalent to smiths. The only real positive skill I see is his skating. Am I missing something?

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I hope that I'm wrong but I just don't see much talent in hajek. He seems slow to react and his hockey iq seems equivalent to smiths. The only real positive skill I see is his skating. Am I missing something?
I dont think he is slow or that his Hockey IQ is low.

He seems to have a good ability to make a first pass.

He should not have been playing last night. He should have had a conditioning stint in Hartford. They had to have known Staal was hurt after the Devils game. They could have called up Keane to play with Lindgren and play ADA with Fox

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

Earlier this season, he definitely didn't show the promise we saw from him in his brief stint up in the NHL last year or during his time in the AHL last season, but rookies tend to go through ups and downs. He just got back from an injury. We should be more than willing to continue to see him.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I am curious to see what Rykov can do at the NHL level, but I do have some concerns that his impact and long-term ability might be a little overstated.

He’s had good games at the AHL level, he’s had some not so good games. He’s battled back from injury, but he’s also been utilizing as a third pairing defenseman down there.

I just get concerned that people hear the name, but don’t really know what they’re going to get, or what they should expect.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

He's out of position. That's fixable. I think everything else is there, but the man coverage, he's out of position and caught behind the play.

Reactions: Minmonster

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Rykov should be solid, but he's not a stud like some have made him out to be. I said that before he came over.

Keane is fine but he's not ready.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
I’d be less enthused about Labanc for Georgiev. Not that Labanc is a bad player, it’s just that I’d almost prefer a younger player not ready for a larger RFA contract at years end.
I'm very concerned with his suspect, team friendly deal, whether it was "wink wink, we'll talk again January 1" or not. He bet on himself, or had a handshake deal. Now he has the potential to be bitter and entitled for a good deal.

Maybe the deal was on the up and up. But he is underperforming regardless. It feels like one way or another, we are taking on a someone else's potential problem.

Reactions: NYR Viper and Trxjw

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I’d be less enthused about Labanc for Georgiev. Not that Labanc is a bad player, it’s just that I’d almost prefer a younger player not ready for a larger RFA contract at years end.
I took a look at the San Jose system and it’s either Labanc or another team. There’s no there there.

Labanc would not be a bad get. He’s 24 and a card carrying NHL player.

Reactions: RGY

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Want to be an armchair GM on the main board for the first time so am asking for critique on a proposal I would like to post.
Chris Kreider 50% retained, Alex Georgiev and Brady Skjei to Edmonton for Darnell Nurse, Oilers 2020 1st round and Oilers 2022 1st rounder and New York takes back a contract from the Oilers.
Awaiting feedback.
Thanks.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Hajek is incredibly raw still. But he’s got everything you want in a modern dman. I wish Hartford wasn’t a mess last year think he would have benefited greatly. Might be a good idea to have him play a few months for knoblauch.
I don't understand why we can't switch Rykov and Hajek. Seems like he just needs a little confidence.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Fogarty down, Di Giuseppe called up. Reward for effort, show case or just another 4th line move?

Not including guys demoted from the top 9, that's 7 or 8 players we've had on our 4th line through just over half a season

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

NOW PLAY HIM.

We cannot compete against any team with Haley in the lineup. Hopefully he plays solid and forces DQ to bench Smith when Lemmy is back, but highly unlikely even if he does play well...because DQ loves Smith for some reason.

Reactions: Kappew Kakkew

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I don’t see any substantive improvement with DiG as opposed to Fogarty or any of the other call ups we’ve had this season

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I wouldn’t know if Fogarty was any good because he got what, maybe 30 mins of combined ice time in the games he was on the team?

But it’s better than Haley playing I guess

32.38 (I was bored) in total for Fogarty. In his 6 games he played under 4 mins twice and over 8 mins once.
In Gettinger's 2 game's he managed to play 16:40

I don't really have an issue with these guys (and you can include Nieves and Andersson in this) getting short looks and limited ice time in general, but I don't understand why they don't get longer looks and instead we keep going with guys like Smith, McKegg and to a lesser extent Haley who we know don't have anything more to offer

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Gotta add some more young Forwards

After the deadline we should see Atleast 3 new faces. Kravtsov being one

Kreider out.... Haley finally down...Smith will spare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad