Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I would love to try and pry away Draisaitl in a quantity for quality trade. Signed through age 29 and his prime is right when we shoulf be competing. Don't think it'll ever happen though.

EpicDing

Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
In all seriousness, I could see Chia salivating over Kreider. Exactly what Edmonton needs for McDavid.

Deal would start with Yammamoto and their unprotected 1st and keeep adding from there for me.

Reactions: NewLife

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I wonder what Edmonton would be willing to give up for Vesey or Zuccarello?

Or if Chiarelli doesn't want to deal with Gorton after the Spooner-Strome swap.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
They have nothing In their system worth a Chris Kreider. No friggen way

But we are a good trade candidate for them. We could move georgiev for talbot and eat that money as part of the deal no problem with shesterkin coming next season and hank not going anywhere.

They have to give up their first and a good prospect maybe another pick as well but they can have their choice of vesey Buchnevich or zuccarello

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
When teams say "lottery protected", usually that means if it's eligible for the lottery, but not always. For example, the St Louis pick that Buffalo has is top-10 protected only. If we're talking Edmonton's 1st, we should have the same thing. In fact, I'd push for Edmonton only getting to keep it if they end up in one of the picks determined by the lottery.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Kreider is what they need though. Like desperately need.

The problem is outside of Yamamoto and an unprotected 1st, they don’t have much that excites me. Puju does nothing for me and I’m not high on Bouchard. Benson is decent but is more of what we have already.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Do not deal Kreider.

You can probably rob Chia by just trading them Zucc.

I doubt it and learned their lesson - they already have Milan Lucic 6 mil $ contract 45 games 9 pts so far this season, 30 years old NMC until 2020-21 season.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
When teams say "lottery protected", usually that means if it's eligible for the lottery, but not always. For example, the St Louis pick that Buffalo has is top-10 protected only. If we're talking Edmonton's 1st, we should have the same thing. In fact, I'd push for Edmonton only getting to keep it if they end up in one of the picks determined by the lottery.
Due to the lack of anything else that’s really worthwhile in their system, if that pick is the centerpiece of a Kreider deal, it shouldn’t have any protections on it.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

EpicDing

Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Kreider is what they need though. Like desperately need.

The problem is outside of Yamamoto and an unprotected 1st, they don’t have much that excites me. Puju does nothing for me and I’m not high on Bouchard. Benson is decent but is more of what we have already.

That's the same problem I ran into. Unless we want to start adding future picks as well, that's all they have of value.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Due to the lack of anything else that’s really worthwhile in their system, if that pick is the centerpiece of a Kreider deal, it shouldn’t have any protections on it.

No one is ever trading a pick without any protections unless they're sure they're making the playoffs. It will never happen.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
No one is ever trading a pick without any protections unless they're sure they're making the playoffs. It will never happen.

Yeah, the key is finding an idiot who is sure he's making the playoffs and then fails miserably.

Unfortunately, the Sens already went down that path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad