Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
They have exactly one player I'd be interested in trading Kreider for and they're not going to trade him for anything.

Chia is a space cadet, sell him on any one of our other players.

I'd trade Kreider for Draisatl easily.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
As did the Flames.

So the real key is not so much finding someone who has a high pick this year, but someone who doesn't expect to have one in 2020.

That's where the "investment properties" are right now.

No one with a likely lottery pick is looking to trade it, especially after Carolina's luck last year.

But the GM who thinks they're playoff bound in 2020? That's a different story.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I think we should try to keep Kreider for now - he talk russian fluid concernin our new russian prospect in the next year training camp. And when he plays his physical game he is one of the best in the league with his speed, but how long will he keep his speed? Grabner is still fast in consider he is 31 though.

Reactions: bernmeister

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
You don't trade arguably your best asset (Kreider) to a GM who is desperate like Chia unless he massively overpays which frankly doesn't even seem possible because of his limited assets of interest.

The play is to dangle Vesey (having a "good" year), Zucc (60 point guy), Buchnevich (all the potential) and try and get Chia to pay as he would for a Kreider for one of those guys.

I think Vesey and Zuccarello could definitely be of interest to them.

Reactions: RGY

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
No one is ever trading a pick without any protections unless they're sure they're making the playoffs. It will never happen.
Yeah, you're probably right, it's just my preference if we're dealing Kreider to EDM because of their scarcity of a prospect pool. If it's top-3 protected like you propose, what would the condition be? Would it be a condition similar to the Duchene deal where it gets deferred to an unprotected pick in the following year? I'd still want something more tangible if we're dealing Kreider.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Over the last 3 years Draisaitl has a 2.63 pts/60 with McDavid (1599 mins) and a 1.88 without McDavid (1434 mins)

1.88 pts/60 would rank 93rd in the league among forwards who have played at least 1000+ mins in that time frame. Yet he has the 14th highest cap hit among forwards.

For reference 2.63 would be 5th best after McDavid/Kucherov/Stamkos/Matthews.

He's fine on his own, but not great, and has hugely inflated stats/cap hit thanks to getting a ton of ice time per game and a lot of it with the best player in the league.

In terms of raw numbers he has 70 points in his 1600 mins with McDavid and 45 points in his 1434 minutes without.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Gorton needs to call Edmonton and not hang up until he gets some deal done. Doesn't matter how long that call lasts. Just don't hang up after you get through. Gets lots of coffee if necessary and a porto-potty.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
You don't trade arguably your best asset (Kreider) to a GM who is desperate like Chia unless he massively overpays which frankly doesn't even seem possible because of his limited assets of interest.

The play is to dangle Vesey (having a "good" year), Zucc (60 point guy), Buchnevich (all the potential) and try and get Chia to pay as he would for a Kreider for one of those guys.

I think Vesey and Zuccarello could definitely be of interest to them.

Jimmy can join his brother Nolan in Edmonton!

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Yeah, you're probably right, it's just my preference if we're dealing Kreider to EDM because of their scarcity of a prospect pool. If it's top-3 protected like you propose, what would the condition be? Would it be a condition similar to the Duchene deal where it gets deferred to an unprotected pick in the following year? I'd still want something more tangible if we're dealing Kreider.

Yes... basically, it's more that Edmonton would have the option of keeping their 1st rounder this year if, and only if, it falls in the top-3. If it does, and they opt to keep it, then the 2020 1st goes to the Rangers unprotected. That's what happened in Ottawa. They opted to keep their 4OA last year, forfeiting the 2019 pick no matter where it falls.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Ethan Bear intrigues me in a potential return.

We can lead the league in small right handed blueliners.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Cody McLeod for Zack Kassian is a deal I’d do. Saves Edmonton just over a million on the cap. Kassian is a better player than McLeod.

I’d take Talbot off their hands for the remainder of this season. Get the deal done soon and wait for a playoff teams goalie to get hurt. Trade him at the deadline e with half retained. Teams will jump at that once Benny gets him right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad