Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Cody McLeod for Zack Kassian is a deal I’d do. Saves Edmonton just over a million on the cap. Kassian is a better player than McLeod.

I’d take Talbot off their hands for the remainder of this season. Get the deal done soon and wait for a playoff teams goalie to get hurt. Trade him at the deadline e with half retained. Teams will jump at that once Benny gets him right

Not a whole lot of time to get him enough games for that to happen.

Rangers play 14 (I think) after the ASB. Hank is going to get most of those.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
No question Kreider fits the Oilers needs. Scary to think what he and #97 can do together.

Why posters are wishing for Puljujarvi however is a bit concerning. So yes. the player is only 20 years old, however. He is quite the gamble. He's approaching Yakupov territory so far in an oilers team and has had numerous opportunities already including riding shotgun for the best player in the game right now. This is the player Rangers fans want as the base for a return for Kreider? :huh:

Draisaitl, yes, that obviously is a different ball game. Granted the cap hit is exhorbitant for what he has done so far. Plus, Oil wont deal Draisaitl straight up for Kreider so Rangers would have to add. What sucks as people have pointed out already Draisaitl w/out McDavid is basicallly Kevin Hayes like production. At least so far. Personally id rather keep Kreider. Rather resign the guy at 6.5 to even 7 mil and continue to rebuild.

Original poster however also specifies "Young developing forward" To me that scream Puljujarvi and not Draisaitl.

Zucc, plus B prospect or pick for Poolparty plus cap dump (Kassian)

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Jim Matheson‏ @NHLbyMatty
FollowFollow @NHLbyMatty
More
If Oilers are scouring for forwards who can give them some offence outside of Connor, Leon, RNH and Chiasson who have 81 goals, they're probably checking in C Derick Brassard, UFA ($3 mil) who hasn't panned out in Pitts. Other possibles: UFA's Zuccarello, Dzingel, Ferland

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Would anyone consider:

Darnell Nurse + Jesse Puljujaarvi + pick for Kreider

Salaries would come out pretty close to even. Perhaps the Rangers take on Kassian as well to give Edmonton some cap relief. What would a team like Colorado trade for someone like Nurse? Or a team like Dallas?

Nurse + Puljujaarvi + Kassian + EDM 1st (lottery protected) for Kreider + DeAngelo

Nurse + Vesey for Jost + COL 1st + COL 2nd

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I'm higher on Draisaitl than most, and think he can a legit 1st line (70+ point) center in his own right, if playing with 'average' top 6 wingers, and I'd love to see a Rangers first line of Panarin-Drai-Kravtsov, but as others have said the Oilers won't swap Kreider 1 for 1 and I wouldn't want to add too much more; unless we could somehow unload Smith alongside Kreider....

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Assuming the Rangers can find a taker for both Smith and McQuaid at the deadline, would anyone consider:

Darnell Nurse + Jesse Puljujaarvi + pick for Kreider

Salaries would come out pretty close to even. Perhaps the Rangers take on Kassian as well to give Edmonton some cap relief. What would a team like Colorado trade for someone like Nurse? Or a team like Dallas?

Nurse + Puljujaarvi + Kassian + EDM 1st (lottery protected) for Kreider + DeAngelo

Nurse + Vesey for Jost + COL 1st + COL 2nd

The first deal is horrendous for us.

The 2nd is horrendous for Colorado.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
For Kreider, I'd want an unprotected 1st, a 2nd, Nurse, Yamamoto, and some other **** we can flip.

Ok that’s fair. I was trying to show the general premise but since the Oilers defense has been a mess and they want more offense, would they consider trading Nurse? I really like him as a player but he’s be a nice piece to flip as well. Perhaps the young cost controlled defenseman would find more takers around the league. I don’t see much other in Edmonton for Kreider. I think we may be slightly overestimating his value but maybe not?

Reactions: Ola

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
Do not want to trade Kredier unless its extreme overpayment.

Priority right now should be a Zucc trade. Then figure out Hayes situation. Then McQuaid.

Reactions: haveandare

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Alright, so we want:

Nurse + Yamamoto + EDM 1st + EDM 2nd + cap dump (either Kassian or Talbot) for Kreider

Would the Rangers say yes?

Would you then hold on to Nurse?

Say Kassian is the guy coming back, I could see multiple teams, especially in the East, interested in him to help offset someone like Tom Wilson in the playoffs a bit this year.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Alright, so we want:

Nurse + Yamamoto + EDM 1st + EDM 2nd + cap dump (either Kassian or Talbot) for Kreider

Say Kassian is the guy coming back, I could see multiple teams, especially in the East, interested in him to help offset someone like Tom Wilson in the playoffs a bit this year.
I feel like anything that involves Nurse the Oilers immediately say no tho. But yeah it would have to be a real overpayment

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Alright, so we want:

I don’t like Edmonton’s pieces.

Reactions: bernmeister

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
I don't think I'd trade Kreider to Edmonton but I'd trade him somewhere. Kreider's a ufa after next season and if he continues to play like this none of you are going to want to give him a big contract during a rebuild. If he fizzles out he loses value and it was a giant wasted opportunity. It's pretty simple - trade HIGH for once.

You can probably land an actual high end prospect+. The Rangers window is probably minimum 3-4 years away.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
So someone explain this one to me? Schneider has been good for the Pack. Brickley has less than half the points in the same league. Why do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad