Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXI - Let's make a deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I’d fire our entire coaching staff. Get me Laviolette immediately he’s one of the best in the league

yes, please. Laviolette is legit and there are a bunch of very good coaches that can be hired as assistants/associates

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I’d fire our entire coaching staff. Get me Laviolette immediately he’s one of the best in the league
It's weird but allegedly the team had quit on him. It seems he has a small shelf life albeit a potent one

I'd love him but dont know if the timing is right. I'd take him as an assistant 100%, which would eventually lead to the HC spot

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
It's weird but allegedly the team had quit on him. It seems he has a small shelf life albeit a potent one

I'd love him but dont know if the timing is right. I'd take him as an assistant 100%, which would eventually lead to the HC spot

I think Lavy would be great for this team. A respected, tenured NHL voice in the locker room. We’d look a lot better on the ice, IMO. I think the issue in Nashville is they’d been on the cusp for so long they got frustrated but with a young, hungry team like we have I think he would do very well. We would undoubtedly take a step or two forward.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Unless we are offering more to Laviolette as an associate coach than he was making as head coach of Nashville, this discussion is pointless

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
In a few years a Laviolette coached team will trash us in the playoffs and we'll be standing there with our tails between our legs because we wanted to be loyal to a college coach.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
You have three very proven NHL coaches out there.

Lavvy
DeBoer
Babs

Babs public image is tarnished but I don't have a problem with him coaching. There. Would be a 3-4 year shelf life, but given how PR sensitive the Rangers are, I'm not sure it happens.

DeBoer is a curmudgeon. Great coach, but not the most affable guy.

Lavvy would be a great hire. Best fit for the Rangers among the 3. Am offensive Torts. Same intensity and values. Question is how much time would he want off between jobs?

Only example of a guy coaching right after getting fired was Bruce Boudreau in California.
Delete

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
In a few years a Laviolette coached team will trash us in the playoffs and we'll be standing there with our tails between our legs because we wanted to be loyal to a college coach.

he wasn't even their top candidate when they had the rookie/college coach fetish going.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
You have three very proven NHL coaches out there.

Lavvy
DeBoer
Babs

Babs public image is tarnished but I don't have a problem with him coaching. There. Would be a 3-4 year shelf life, but given how PR sensitive the Rangers are, I'm not sure it happens.

DeBoer is a curmudgeon. Great coach, but not the most affable guy.

Lavvy would be a great hire. Best fit for the Rangers among the 3. Am offensive Torts. Same intensity and values. Question is how much time would he want off between jobs?

Only example of a guy coaching right after getting fired was Bruce Boudreau in California.

I like Randy Carlyle and Paul MacLean a lot, also could be great to scoop up some recently fallen coaches as assistants like Jim Montgomery and Bill Peters.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I like Randy Carlyle and Paul MacLean a lot, also could be great to scoop up some recently fallen coaches as assistants like Jim Montgomery and Bill Peters.

Paul MacLean was the guy.... he is in Columbus now and had turned around their pp.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
The Rangers don't get elite goaltending? Are you joking right now? Lmao. Maybe not the last like, 5-6 games.

Is any of our goalies top 20 in the league? That is definitely debate-able. And I think a young team just assembled probably is required to get top 10 goaltending to go anywhere.

Remember that there is only 31 starters in this league. A 20th ‘ranked’ center is great, a 20th ranked goalie is below average.

JMHO, I am not an expert on goalies.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Is any of our goalies top 20 in the league? That is definitely debate-able. And I think a young team just assembled probably is required to get top 10 goaltending to go anywhere.

Remember that there is only 31 starters in this league. A 20th ‘ranked’ center is great, a 20th ranked goalie is below average.

Henrik Lundqvist has been arguably a top 5 goalie this season after accounting for shot quality.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Aside from the anomaly that was the 2005-06 season, what has Lavy done to make him so attractive?

Looking at some of the teams hes had, seems to me hes been a head coach good enough to lose consistently in rounds 1 and 2

Reactions: bleedblue94

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global

Hank is top 3 this season 5v5 and top 10 in all situations when looking at the advanced stats.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Hank is top 3 this season 5v5 and top 10 in all situations when looking at the advanced stats.
Which is why Georgiev will eventually be traded. Hank will be kept and if he is not ready to retire just yet after this contract expires, the Rangers sign him to a 1 or 2 year deal to be the backup as the team starts to really contend. This will buy some more time for hopefully one of Huska/Wall/Lindbom to develop as the 1B

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Let me be clear when I said our entire coaching staff I did not mean allaire obviously or the Hartford guys. Just Quinn ruff and the other two clowns he has with him Oliver and whoever

Deleted member 23124

Which is why Georgiev will eventually be traded. Hank will be kept and if he is not ready to retire just yet after this contract expires, the Rangers sign him to a 1 or 2 year deal to be the backup as the team starts to really contend. This will buy some more time for hopefully one of Huska/Wall/Lindbom to develop as the 1B
I do not see Henrik being resigned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad