Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXI - Let's make a deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Hello there, Pens fan here. Has there been any news as to if the Rangers plan on re-signing Jesper Fast?

I think there is definitely interest in re-signing him. He's due a raise, but he isn't going to break the bank or get long term as a role player. If there is a good offer for him, we might move him, but I think it's more likely that he gets re-signed.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Hello there, Pens fan here. Has there been any news as to if the Rangers plan on re-signing Jesper Fast?

I see where you are going, he plays that style that works well with Sid eh? If he shot more it would be better. I'm assuming Fast's value isnt high enough to move him rather than keep him imo.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
@Edge Unfortunately, anyone expecting to be able to capitalize on having a boat load of assets at LD is going to be very very disappointed when that plan is put in place.

Kind of like the disappointment experienced when the intent was to trade Namestnikov and the expectation was that he would have a lot of interest.

I pray that nobody in the organization actually thinks this. I would bet my right arm on that the value of a good young No 2 center would be radically higher than ‘just another solid 2nd pairing LD’. It could even be hard to find a taker for the last mentioned, when 90% of the teams in this league would drool about the first mentioned.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Stutzle or Rossi if we dont win the lottery. Atm it looks like there is a real nice 8-9 forwards in this draft.

I agree. How is Rossi's speed? I think we have enough size to be able to draft a smaller, more skilled player.

It wouldn't surpsise me if Stutzle goes 3-5 though.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
@Edge Unfortunately, anyone expecting to be able to capitalize on having a boat load of assets at LD is going to be very very disappointed when that plan is put in place.

Kind of like the disappointment experienced when the intent was to trade Namestnikov and the expectation was that he would have a lot of interest.

I pray that nobody in the organization actually thinks this. I would bet my right arm on that the value of a good young No 2 center would be radically higher than ‘just another solid 2nd pairing LD’. It could even be hard to find a taker for the last mentioned, when 90% of the teams in this league would drool about the first mentioned.
I think Names at the deadline would have fared a lot better than what we got, but we painted ourselves in a corner with the cap and moving Vesey and Names for that return was part of the price we had to pay. Buying out Shattenkirk instead of waiting for a trade was the other part.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

I don't really think it's a strategic plan per se. I think they figure that if they can get 3 or 4 guys from that group, they're doing well. And for the odd man out, they move him. Even if we're lucky, maybe half will actually challenge for long-term spots with this franchise.

But even then, these guys are spread out over a decent amount of ages, and so it's not like we're going to have 5 guys all coming up at the same time. Aside from the fact that they're all prospects, you're talking about a four year spread in terms of ages. To put that into perspective, there's more of a gap between the oldest and youngest in this group, then there is between Rykov and Skjei.

The truth of the matter is that this team could make two deals in the next 7 months, include a LD in each deal, and watch someone like Rykov go home, and it would change our depth considerably.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I think Names at the deadline would have fared a lot better than what we got, but we painted ourselves in a corner with the cap and moving Vesey and Names for that return was part of the price we had to pay. Buying out Shattenkirk instead of waiting for a trade was the other part.

The clock was ticking on the buyout. We had to buy him out within 48 hours of our last arbitration case or the opportunity would have been lost. We didn't find a trade partner by then, so we did what we had to do.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I still think Skjei could replicate his rookie season... One major difference from his Rookie Campaign, Ruff. I know this is beating a dead horse but what is there to lose at this point?

We're on pace to give up 276 GA... can it really get much worse?

Deleted member 23124

I see where you are going, he plays that style that works well with Sid eh? If he shot more it would be better. I'm assuming Fast's value isnt high enough to move him rather than keep him imo.
That's because AV hasn't gotten desperate yet.

Deleted member 23124

Shatt's trade value was little or next to nothing....and keeping him was not an option once Trouba was targeted.

Reactions: CasusBelli

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Funny to read how clueless some fans even of HF are (the fans of this team will remain unnamed). They claim no one would pick up Georgie off of waivers lol

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I still think Skjei could replicate his rookie season... One major difference from his Rookie Campaign, Ruff. I know this is beating a dead horse but what is there to lose at this point?

We're on pace to give up 276 GA... can it really get much worse?
Oh now you’ve done it ...

Reactions: mike14

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Funny to read how clueless some fans even of HF are (the fans of this team will remain unnamed). They claim no one would pick up Georgie off of waivers lol

fans don't even know the rules about waivers and the expansion draft. you expect them to know about the team that they root for which they don't. I have seen some fans that made Henrik Lundqvist being protected during the expansion draft, which he does NOT because he will be an UFA. some fans should know the rules before they make stupid comments lmfao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad