Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
We could have Martin Jones...

but we cant get much worse... we're about as bad as it can get... structurally speaking

If the fishsticks can go from 293 GA to 191 GA... just by coaching/structural changes... we can improve.

100%. all it takes is to not play a f***wad system.

I think it speaks to how good DeAngelo and Fox are with how they’ve looked playing in this quagmire.

Reactions: Rongomania

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I think the Shestyorkin call-up is a pure sports move. I see two issues with this team.

1. We ride our top guys too hard, at the expense of our all vet 4th line, and they just have too little left in the tank late in games when everything are decided most nights. Playing two vets like Ziba and Panarin a ton while not having a 4th line has nothing to do with being a young team, it’s poor judgement by DQ.

2. We are a young rebuilding team that does NOT get elite goaltending. As such, it is very hard to make the POs. If we fired DQ and got a coach that had more in him it might give us a jump, but that seems unlikely. But who knows, Shesty could be an upgrade over Geo and Hank today. If he can provide elite goaltending, it might get us back on track.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think the Shestyorkin call-up is a pure sports move. I see two issues with this team.

1. We ride our top guys too hard, at the expense of our all vet 4th line, and they just have too little left in the tank late in games when everything are decided most nights. Playing two vets like Ziba and Panarin a ton while not having a 4th line has nothing to do with being a young team, it’s poor judgement by DQ.

2. We are a young rebuilding team that does NOT get elite goaltending. As such, it is very hard to make the POs. If we fired DQ and got a coach that had more in him it might give us a jump, but that seems unlikely. But who knows, Shesty could be an upgrade over Geo and Hank today. If he can provide elite goaltending, it might get us back on track.

If that’s their thought process we are beyond f***ed.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Crazy to think how this might be the best NYR fire sale after the last few seasons we've already had.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden

It’s impressive using so many words trying to make two points and still getting both wrong, truly impressive, bravo!

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS

The Rangers don't get elite goaltending? Are you joking right now? Lmao. Maybe not the last like, 5-6 games.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
This is just my thesis here, and maybe @Edge can give us some insight. But I think the Rangers keeping Smith around to fill 2 positions at the same time can directly be related to the Shesterkin/3 goalie situation. The Rangers probably planned to have 3 goalies up at some point due to Hank not wanting to get traded/Georgiev not being able to be sent down after x amount of games + they can’t trade him without seeing if Igor can handle the NHL/Igor’s out clause. Smith playing as both a 4th line wing and serving as the team’s 7th d-man allowed the Rangers to go with a bizarre 3 goalie rotation.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Who would be preferable- Ruff or Laviolette? Laviolette was a D, has the Boston connection.

Reactions: RGY

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
You have three very proven NHL coaches out there.

Lavvy
DeBoer
Babs

Babs public image is tarnished but I don't have a problem with him coaching. There. Would be a 3-4 year shelf life, but given how PR sensitive the Rangers are, I'm not sure it happens.

DeBoer is a curmudgeon. Great coach, but not the most affable guy.

Lavvy would be a great hire. Best fit for the Rangers among the 3. Am offensive Torts. Same intensity and values. Question is how much time would he want off between jobs?

Only example of a guy coaching right after getting fired was Bruce Boudreau in California.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
For all the talk about where Georgiev might get traded to, how about Nashville as a dark horse? I didn’t realize their goaltending was terrible. Tolvanen? Austin Watson?

Reactions: RangersFan1994

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Does anyone really think Trouba is getting traded? We traded for him and signed him. You would look incompetent unless we're talking Auston Matthews coming the other way
I know I wrote "no chance in happening IMO" but there are truck load of players I'd want to trade Trouba and his contract for. It just isn't happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad