Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part XV: Trading up or down? - Mod Warning post #450

Status
Not open for further replies.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
This is much better than my idea of targeting someone like Galchenyuk. I do wonder how much of his offense was suppressed under Peters and if he’d fare better as a long-term RW.

What do you think the cost would be?
Always seemed like a better board guy than a playmaker to me. You might be right long term with him on wing.

They really only need centers (and a goalie) and we're painfully short of those in the short term.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
if i was moving the chess pieces, this is what i would hope to do
sign Tyson Helgesen to ELC
Halverson to Red Wings for Giovanni Smith
DeAngelo, maybe light throw-ins such as Catenacchi pre-UFA for Marlies, Bernhardt to Leafs for Kapanen - but DeAngelo was actually drafted 3 spots ahead of Kapanen
B.Smith, 30% retained to Hawks for Anthony DuClair
Jensen, Holland, Lakatos to Habs for Brett Lernout, Jordie Benn, Mike McNiven
Belelskey($500k retained) , Klingberg, Bigras, Tambellini to Stars for Brett Richie, John Nyberg, Niklas Hansson
Zborovsky, Kampfer, pre-UFA Sproul to Vegas for Kolesar, 2 4ths
Zucarello, Pedrie, Fogarty, Sjahlin, Nanne to Wild for '18 3d, '19 1st, '20 2d, Adam Gilmour, Pavel Jenys, Dmitry Sokolov, Bryce Misley

Spooner to Lightning for Erik Cernak, Ross Colton
Namestnikov to Flames for Rasmus Andersson, Adam Ruzicka
Gilmour, Gropp, Reunan to Coyotes for Max Domi, Cam Crotty, Dean Stewart, Brendan Warren

O'Gara, pre-UFA Carey to Avalanche ro Dominic Toninato
Shattenkirk, Vesey, Adam Gilmour, Bruins '18 3d to Bruins for Jake DeBrusk, Adam McQuiad, Bruins '19 3d
Staal (30% retained), DuClair, Nieves, 2 4th's to Panthers for Alex Petrovic, Nick Bjugstad, Patrick Bajkov, Sebastian Repo, Chris Wilkie

none of it wil happen, but i can make stuff up as well as any one 8^)
(tho i am sure there will be protests by guys arguing they are so much more realistic than i)
All of the bolded are bad-awful for the other team involved. We’re trading a bunch of scrubs (Gropp, Gilmour, Reunanen) for Domi+?
Namestnikov for R. Andersson+Ruzicka? That last package alone doesn’t touch Bjustad. Only trade here that doesn’t favor us great is the Spooner for Cernak+Colton trade. Cernak is a meh prospect, very good chance he’s nothing more than a bottom pairing D, Colton is a long shot. I’d rather take a mid 2nd for Spooner and be done with it. And to the last thing you’ve said, correct because pretty much none of these are close to being realistic. They look like NHL 18 trades

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
This is much better than my idea of targeting someone like Galchenyuk. I do wonder how much of his offense was suppressed under Peters and if he’d fare better as a long-term RW.

I don’t think we have the pieces for Lindholm. They likely want a near ready forward prospect with top 6 potential +. Or maybe a goalie prospect could be thrown in there as well but I don’t think we have what it takes. My best offer would be Georgiev+Spooner/Vladdy+26th overall. Canes don’t do that though but that’s the most I’m willing to offer

Edit-thinking about it now, a deal around Buch/Lindholm makes a lot of sense for both teams. We’d have to add a little though. It’d have to be something like Buch+Georgiev for Lindholm which I’m not willing to give up but thatd be the ask from the Canes

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
You guys are going about it all wrong. Edmonton is going to need another center/wing when they trade Draisaitl for Shea Weber, they’ll clearly want Boo Nieves:sarcasm:

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
All of the bolded are bad-awful for the other team involved. We’re trading a bunch of scrubs (Gropp, Gilmour, Reunanen) for Domi+?
Namestnikov for R. Andersson+Ruzicka? That last package alone doesn’t touch Bjustad. Only trade here that doesn’t favor us great is the Spooner for Cernak+Colton trade. Cernak is a meh prospect, very good chance he’s nothing more than a bottom pairing D, Colton is a long shot. I’d rather take a mid 2nd for Spooner and be done with it. And to the last thing you’ve said, correct because pretty much none of these are close to being realistic. They look like NHL 18 trades
Hi mike Yankees should trade Ellsbury for DeGrom and Syndergard. I'll hang up and listen.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

Hard to say what the direction is in Carolina, but if I had to guess, the cost would be a similar player. I.e., a younger roster player who hasn't found his game yet. A lot would hinge on whether or not he can open up his game in a new system, and if he found some players to gel with. I could see him playing very well on the wing with a guy like Andersson in the middle.

I still like Galchenyuk. There's so much talent there and getting him out of that fishbowl in Montreal could do wonders for him. I'm not sure he's a center in this league, but if the price was right, he's well worth the gamble IMO. Hell, Galchenyuk, Andersson, and Lindholm might make a heck of a line.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I do that deal yesterday, but I highly doubt EDM does it... although, you never know with Chia.

If he's as stupid as everyone likes to poke at we're wasting time making trade proposals on the internet when we could be walking up to him and getting him to sign over his house and retirement accounts for a pack of gum.

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
If he's as stupid as everyone likes to poke at we're wasting time making trade proposals on the internet when we could be walking up to him and getting him to sign over his house and retirement accounts for a pack of gum.

...we don't have AV anymore though. :sarcasm:

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
i dont understand why there is so much love to keep Namestikov and deal spooner. From the 10-15 games i watched spooner, his passing and play making skills were quite noticable and quite good. Namestnikov was absolutely worthless in my opinion. Vlad was nothing short of a by-product of playing wth stamkos and kucherov......a'la Kyle Okposo, Matt Molson, PA Parentau and so on......playing with Tavres. All flopped the day they left the isalnders and didnt have JT as their center.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
i dont understand why there is so much love to keep Namestikov and deal spooner. From the 10-15 games i watched spooner, his passing and play making skills were quite noticable and quite good. Namestnikov was absolutely worthless in my opinion. Vlad was nothing short of a by-product of playing wth stamkos and kucherov......a'la Kyle Okposo, Matt Molson, PA Parentau and so on......playing with Tavres. All flopped the day they left the isalnders and didnt have JT as their center.

Well I imagine part of it is because Spooner played well during his tenure as a Ranger. We can still sell somewhat high on Spooner.

Namestnikov tanked his value in the short term so it is probably worth seeing if he regains some of it instead of selling low now.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I don't either. I would trade both to be honest.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
10 Potential new contracts for these lads below. I'm very curious to see how this plays out. Rangers have so much room, im concerned on how much they will end up paying for the below players. Lots of talk to trade Spooner or Vladdy, but is that realistic?

RESTRICTED
Kevin Hayes
Ryan Spooner
Vlad Namestnikov
Jimmy Vesey
Boo Nieves
Adam Tambellini

Brady Skjei
Rob O’Gara
Chris Bigras
John Gilmour

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
10 Potential new contracts for these lads below. I'm very curious to see how this plays out. Rangers have so much room, im concerned on how much they will end up paying for the below players. Lots of talk to trade Spooner or Vladdy, but is that realistic?

RESTRICTED
Kevin Hayes
Ryan Spooner
Vlad Namestnikov
Jimmy Vesey
Boo Nieves
Adam Tambellini

Brady Skjei
Rob O’Gara
Chris Bigras
John Gilmour
Hayes and Skjei are no brainers. Vesey I would keep because he shouldn't cost much. Spooner and Namestnikov should be shopped to gauge potential return. The rest I really don't care about.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Is 10-15 games enough?

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
8 days left until the draft
16 days until UFA begins
Potential Buyout period and likely a few trades
Then the RFA negotiations with 10 unsigned free agents
This will be a telling time for the future of the NYR org
It’s happening!
But what “it” is remains to be seen.
Not the cousin It I hope