Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part XV: Trading up or down? - Mod Warning post #450

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Acknowledged, HQ. Where did that proposal come from anyway, a user on the main boards? It is so crazy that anyone would give up that much value within a trade, just mind-blown at the proposition.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Couple years younger, right handed, slightly bigger player.

It was just a thought

For me it’s hard to gauge Spooner’s value, I wouldn’t rule out that we could get more for him, but speaking of Ryan Strome isolated I wouldn’t mind getting him on board.

I think someone like Strome is good to bring on board to push Howden for example, show how high the bar must be sat. Never wrong with a RHS.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Think it would make more sense for a Hamilton Hayes swap.

Or Hayes spooner and a 2nd for hamilton and fox

Reactions: jas

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Think it would make more sense for a Hamilton Hayes swap.

Or Hayes spooner and a 2nd for hamilton and fox

I just don't see the need for Hamilton right now. I also think the team will be pushing for Karlsson's services in the near future. Where do Hamilton, Shattenkirk, Karlson, Pionk play?

I just don't see the need for another right-shot defenseman right now. Now, another RH center who is 23 and has 45 points in 72 games and 44 points in 82 over the last couple. He would fit this next wave of young players really well. Chytil and Andersson are both LH

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
We better be getting a lot attached to Lindholm.

Why would you say that?

Hayes had 44 points last year, Lindholm had 44 points last year. Hayes is LH, Lindholm is RH. Hayes is 26, Lindholm is 23. Goals favor Hayes @ 25 to 16 and perhaps Hayes is a more polished player and defensive player but Lindholm is a good 2-way player as well.

To me this would be a nice deal for this team.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Why would you say that?

Hayes had 44 points last year, Lindholm had 44 points last year. Hayes is LH, Lindholm is RH. Hayes is 26, Lindholm is 23. Goals favor Hayes @ 25 to 16 and perhaps Hayes is a more polished player and defensive player but Lindholm is a good 2-way player as well.

To me this would be a nice deal for this team.
Lindholm is a winger, Hayes is a center.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Don't know why anyone would question giving up Zucc, Names, Day, both our later first round picks, to come out on Friday with a Top 5 pick, a Top 10 pick, and Erik Karlsson... When is the last time anything that good has happened to the Rangers?
Soooooooooooo much this!!!!!!!

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
I worry about Hughes ability to play defense. I get the whole...who needs to defend if you always have the puck...but sometimes he's gonna play against guys like ovechkin Crosby mcdavid hall matthews etc etc etc....you still gotta defend...he's gotta be one of the weaker defenders from what I've seen and read.
I think he's better defensively than Bouchard & Boqvist for what it's worth.

Reactions: Lays
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad