Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part XV: Trading up or down? - Mod Warning post #450

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
I just don't get trade Hayes for a ready top 4 RHD, we are set there this season with Shattenkirk, Pionk and DeAngelo, we will probably suck, but we will discover if any of these players can be in the long time plan of this franchise. I would rather get a stud prospect plus than a Hanifin type of player.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
The issue is that they are in their primes now. Why pay top dollar for guys when we will be wasting a couple years of their peak performance? Why is everyone so impatient? Let's get the core in place and ready to contribute before we bring in the pricey UFAs. At least wait a single year so we can actually call it a rebuild.
Karlsson took a team that had no more talent than what would be left here in NY (before additional reinforcements are added) to the Easten Conference Final last year. Just sayin...

Reactions: cheech70

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Karlsson took a team that had no more talent than what would be left here in NY (before additional reinforcements are added) to the Easten Conference Final last year. Just sayin...

And they fell short and look at them now. Before this year they were kinda stuck in no mans land. I don't want to be stuck in no mans land.

Reactions: Berserk

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Wonder if Rangers would do a deal involving Zuccarello + picks to get Oilers 10th overall.....

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Damn. Someone posted the following proposal:

Karlsson+4OA
for
Zuccarello, Namestnikov, Day, 26OA and 28OA

It's difficult to say no to that. Having 4OA and 9OA plus Karlsson? That's exciting.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
The 4th overall pick coming back with Karlsson is interesting though

Karslsson AND 4OA for Zucc+Names, a longshot in Day, and 2 picks that could be something or nothing. If that was to happen, Gorton will be indicted on highway robbery. I like that package though, Karlsson here would be magical

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Karslsson AND 4OA for Zucc+Names, a longshot in Day, and 2 picks that could be something or nothing. If that was to happen, Gorton will be indicted on highway robbery. I like that package though, Karlsson here would be magical

Zuccarello (1 year removed from UFA), Namestsnikov (RFA), Day (1% chance of being an NHL player) and 2 late firsts.

If you break it down:

26+28+Namestnikov for 4OA
Zuccarello+Day for Karlsson

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
The gap should be described as a sliver.

Marginal difference between the two players overall games.

Stepan was always a legitimate guy to hang your hopes on when you needed something crucial to happen, our terrible season can be attributed to him being gone.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

And then promptly lost to a more talented team. His team also had zero business beating a mediocre Rangers club and did so on the back of a crazy during of breaks and bounces (I seem to recall EK himself scoring from behind the goal line on Hank).

f*** this anything can happen mentality.

Reactions: Galvatron

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Uncle Larry's latest article. Not as good as the last one.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/20/rangers-pursuing-deals-as-nhl-draft-nears/

Rangers are seeking trades.
They haven't discussed a deal with Nam's agent yet.
Boqvist doesn't appear to be a target.

This seems like a straight up regurgitation of the last several pages of this thread.

I want nothing to do with moving up from 9. Stay there and take the bpa faller.

Do what you can to move up into the next tier (12-20) and grab one of those guys too.

Keep the late first because there's going to be someone good available there too.

Pick Russians with later picks as others avoid them.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Looks like we are high on Wahlstrom, Hughes, and Kotkaniemi .... which is exciting.
Where’d you hear Hughes? I’d be ecstatic if we grabbed him (I have him ranked 3rd) didn’t Brooks mention Bouchard? Hope we don’t go after Kotka though

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Will Chevy and Trouba be able to work something out? It’s easy to say that you want something done quick, but if things struggle to go forward and a lot of water already have passed under a bridge it can get ugly fast.

Calm before the storm for Jets? Draft is in focus, but other issues already on the radar

Gorton should call Chevy about Petan. I’ve asked this before, why not arrange a sign and trade? Stastny on a 2 year deal, retain 2m and trade him for Petan. Circumvention? I am far from sold on that. There are many situations very much like that, use the tools the CBA provides.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I worry about Hughes ability to play defense. I get the whole...who needs to defend if you always have the puck...but sometimes he's gonna play against guys like ovechkin Crosby mcdavid hall matthews etc etc etc....you still gotta defend...he's gotta be one of the weaker defenders from what I've seen and read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad