Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
I thought you meant they need to hold onto Dermott. Geo would be a good get for Toronto. They still have big problems.
They do have big problems, but I personally think they re-sign Andersen. Geo is a good/great backup, but they can probably find cheaper options for that role... but it also looks like this might be mixed up in different convos going on, so we'll discuss if/when it gets to that point

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
No I'd definatley prefer Strome but that isn't saying much.

I mean I think the whole issue with Strome is whether you can get him back on a reasonable deal for a few years ratehr than a long expensive deal that he won't live up to

If you can get him back for a short reasonable contract then he's fine for another year or so. If you can't, go looking for something else

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I'm not sayin league minimum, like a 1-2 year deal at $3m per. And the Rangers would have a pretty good argument to make about putting him in a real good position to get his career back on track while he's collecting buyout checks from Nashville

Fair enough. I still don't know if I'd want to do it but I wouldn't hate it.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Fair enough. I still don't know if I'd want to do it but I wouldn't hate it.
Like the downside might be shaving like 10 points from Panarin's season end total, but the upside would be that we'd have a center who can actually PK and play defense behind Zibanejad who isn't 20 years old

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
@Trxjw how do we think Vince Dunn pairs with Trouba?

I think he could potentially be a great fit if you can trust him against that level of competition. Great vision, mobility, and transition game, but he can be a bit of a drifter on the rush. I'd be surprised if he could be had, but would definitely explore it.

Reactions: NYR Viper

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
What if the option was Turris + Fast + 2nd + prospect vs Strome? Assuming here that Turris + Fast contracts would equal to about Strome and Strome would return a 2nd + prospect

Tough to say. On paper it looks good of course but in practice? I dunno. I think Panarin can play with anyone but we know Strome is a good fit. We'd be hoping Turris is the same, which isn't a guarantee.

Reactions: NYR Viper

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Like the downside might be shaving like 10 points from Panarin's season end total, but the upside would be that we'd have a center who can actually PK and play defense behind Zibanejad who isn't 20 years old

Well the downside is that Panarin and Turris are like oil and water and suddenly our 2nd line is considerably less effective. I don't think that would necessarily be the case but it's not like these guys are plug and play either. I like that Turris adds more defensive conscience to the 2nd line but you're rocking the boat a little bit as well. I think you could pick up a guy like Jankowski on the cheap who can play in the bottom-six and PK as a center.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think he could potentially be a great fit if you can trust him against that level of competition. Great vision, mobility, and transition game, but he can be a bit of a drifter on the rush. I'd be surprised if he could be had, but would definitely explore it.
Yeah I agree. Think there might be better offers if he is on the block. I’m going to run and hide after saying this but another available rental D is Alec Martinez if we can get over the PTSD. Vegas needs cap relief badly.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Draft show on MSG JD raved about K’Andre who is staying with Kreider currently

K’Andre was in Darien CT today, which is about 30 seconds from me.
FFBD0AEB-DD13-41E5-BA8C-1D39E5BF4825.png

Reactions: charliemurphy

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Well the downside is that Panarin and Turris are like oil and water and suddenly our 2nd line is considerably less effective. I don't think that would necessarily be the case but it's not like these guys are plug and play either. I like that Turris adds more defensive conscience to the 2nd line but you're rocking the boat a little bit as well. I think you could pick up a guy like Jankowski on the cheap who can play in the bottom-six and PK as a center.
The problem with that is that the Rangers pretty much announced that they’re committed to Brett Howden, and you’d be giving up assets and cap space for Jankowski

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Draft show on MSG JD raved about K’Andre who is staying with Kreider currently

I just don’t see the rush to go out and trade assets for a LD.

1) Id like to see DeAngelo tried on that side to accommodate Trouba Fox Lundkvist on the right.

2) Miller could be the #1 someday

3) Robertson, Zac Jones, Hajek, Rykov, etc, are all solid options to fill out the second/third pairs on the left.

We just don’t need anyone long term, and why am I worried about short term? Are we winning the Cup next year? Let the kids play and grow.

Center is the spot where there is actual organizational weakness now. And pretty much only there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad