Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
if Lundell is a player that has to learn to be more assertive, then id take a pass.

We need guys that are assertive by nature. If its not there and you have to "learn" to be more assertive, then its more likely you lack that component in your game.

I don't know much about this kid, but this was mentioned earlier in this thread and struck a chord.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
From what ive read he is a offensive dman who like to hit but is not sound defensively or positionaly.

Not what i want or what we need more of on this team.

He was the go to D on the best defensive team in the CHL.

Defense is definitely his bread and butter. It's the offense/transition game that is questionable with him though he's got a cannon.

He's like Jake Sanderson but a step or 2 behind everywhere (and more than that in transition where Sanderson is elite as f***) except for hitting people and the shot, I'd give him the edge there. He's rail thin and has so much room to fill out which gives him that beast potential down the road. I'd be more than okay taking him with the Carolina/TOR pick if hes still around.

But hes not someone I'd be looking at in the top 10. McKenzie's consensus had him at #14 so he isn't entirely out of range (and if the Rangers love Sanderson, I can see them being pretty high on Guhle) but he's still too much of a project with all of the forward talent that will be available.

But @BBKers clarified his statement so I don't think we're taking him that high. In the early 20's hes got potential to be a real steal.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
if Lundell is a player that has to learn to be more assertive, then id take a pass.

We need guys that are assertive by nature. If its not there and you have to "learn" to be more assertive, then its more likely you lack that component in your game.

I don't know much about this kid, but this was mentioned earlier in this thread and struck a chord.

What was the context surrounding this? Because it's a weird comment

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Definitely don't want Guhle with our pick, with CAR/TOR's it depends who's on the board. AK's definitely swayed me on Gunler, but I think a guy like Lukas Reichel could end up looking like an absolute steal. Or maybe a guy like Brisson or Khusnutdinov

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Definitely don't want Guhle with our pick, with CAR/TOR's it depends who's on the board. AK's definitely swayed me on Gunler, but I think a guy like Lukas Reichel could end up looking like an absolute steal. Or maybe a guy like Brisson or Khusnutdinov

I prefer Reichel over Lundell, so yes please.

Kushnutdinov at that spot would make me very happy as well.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Addendum to my previous post:

Unless Drysdale/Sanderson fall to our pick I think we should avoid taking a Dman in the 1st round. Instead I'd like to try to get SJ's 2nd for Strome/Georgiev, and possibly another mid-to-high 2nd for the other one, and grab a guy like Eamon Powell in the 2nd

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Guhle im ehh on. He seems like another DeAngelo. A defender who can play offensively but doesnt seem to know how to defend

The scouting reports I've read indicate that he is the exact opposite of DeAngelo. Much bigger, though still a good skater, and better defensively than offensively.

Mynhldraft.com has him going to us, but with the 23rd pick.

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
Would you trade Lafreniere and Georgiev for #3, #5 and the Islanders first round pick?

Would have to think long and hard on this.

If Lafreniere was a center no way but one thing we know is the Rangers for some reason don't draft kids from the Q.

Just don't know if you pass on Lafreniere....

3 and 5 gets you 2 kids--I'm no draft expert but Stutzle/Rossi/Perfetti and then Drysdale/Sanderson. After that we have 2 additional picks in the first round--lets just say Jarvis/Zary/Mysak all centers.

One draft if they all worked out--big IF--would defiantly increase our prospect pool.

Last edited:

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
We have no second round pick this year, correct? If so, and if Hank is staying next year, i'd try trading Geo + to get a second rounder.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
There is a lot of talent in the second round that I would love the Rangers to snag just one of them. I hope they manage to get a 2nd somehow

Reactions: McSauer

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Maybe not drafting kids from the Q has been the problem that is if they aren't scouting them properly or blatantly avoiding them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad