Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Guys. I have not heard anything concrete about Guhle from legit sources. It is what I expect to happen. But the pirate talk is entirely another thing - which I have heard.
Nobody understands what the pirate thing means lol it is way too vague

And you liking Guhle is no surprise, you've always been all about that grit haha

Reactions: McSauer

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I hope so. Offense seems to be the only knock on this kid from what I've read.
Then please explain. Bc from what im reading,
he plays against men (check)
He isnt a high upside player 2nd/3rd line center (check)
Hard working, goes to the dirty areas, plays a 200ft game (check, check, check)
But Lundell is bigger, a better skater, a better passer, a better puck carrier, and sees the ice better than Lias.
The big difference between him and Andersson was that Andersson was more of a grindy in your face type of a player and Lundell is like that complete opposite of a flashy player, everything he does he just makes looks efficient, though I will say he could stand to assert himself more and that's where a good amount of projecting him can come from, but I think his upside can be a 1C and if he doesn't quite hit those offensive heights, I still see him being like a Stepan (while he was here) level player

You forgot to add his foot speed, he’s slow
Eh, I don't think he's much worse of a skater than like, a Kakko, if at all

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Nobody understands what the pirate thing means lol it is way too vague

And you liking Guhle is no surprise, you've always been all about that grit haha

Has anyone been able to crack the code on this “pirate talk” yet?

For what it’s worth, BBKers liked my take on it and no one else’s. I’ll let you guys find that post yourselves.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
:P I wouldn't have done it if I hadn't gone back to look at BBKers recent activities on his profile to find out why everyone was talking about pirates to begin with a few minutes before you posted that

Fair enough.

I can’t imagine the salary in Sweden is very much compared to his NHL deal... a couple of hundred thousand, tax free? Versus probably $1.8m in take home staying in NY.

HOWEVER, I wonder what the endorsement opportunities look like in Sweden for a hero coming home. I bet he can make back the difference pretty easily.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Fair enough.

I can’t imagine the salary in Sweden is very much compared to his NHL deal... a couple of hundred thousand, tax free? Versus probably $1.8m in take home staying in NY.

HOWEVER, I wonder what the endorsement opportunities look like in Sweden for a hero coming home. I bet he can make back the difference pretty easily.
Yeah, I kind of wouldn't be shocked if he decided to do that. But right now I have a hard time believing he's going to do that, nice story line aside, aren't training camps over there like, about to start?

Reactions: McSauer and Tawnos

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Lundell is the guy a lot of people wished based on zero talent that lias Andersson would have been

he’d be a great fit

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Definitely going to try to catch a lot of Frolunda games if Hank is there next year.

Rangers394

Aug 5, 2020
What does Guhle project to be and how early should he be picked? Quick research on him says a good skating two way dman who knows how to use his size but is there anything else to know? LH too so that's a positive.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
What does Guhle project to be and how early should he be picked? Quick research on him says a good skating two way dman who knows how to use his size but is there anything else to know? LH too so that's a positive.

From what ive read he is a offensive dman who like to hit but is not sound defensively or positionaly.

Not what i want or what we need more of on this team.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Then please explain. Bc from what im reading,
he plays against men (check)
He isnt a high upside player 2nd/3rd line center (check)
Hard working, goes to the dirty areas, plays a 200ft game (check, check, check)
The thing is that those qualities about Anderson weren’t really his problem. Honestly the biggest thing holding Anderson back is his speed/acceleration in his skating.

If Lias could skate like Chytil he would be a no doubt imagine top 6 center in the NHL. Good skills, good shot, smart player with good IQ who plays a 200 ft game.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
So we’ll get pick 9,10 or 11, huh?

Ok so time to start looking at players ranked in the late teens/early 20s as who they’ll probably end up picking there.

:sarcasm:

Or the #1 pick.

Well i hope they are looking at players there too bc we will have one of carolina or torontos pick which should be there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad