Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
do you have info on the part where DeAngelo is open to signing a cheaper long term contract?
He’s an RFA and we’re the team who gave him a chance after being moved twice at such a young age. He fits in really well with our room and I’m sure he’d take something like 5.75-6.5 long term. Also keep in mind the flat cap.. Trouba signed that deal when we were expecting the cap to go up

Reactions: Lone Ranger

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
So who are this year's St. Croix, McColgan, Aaltonen, etc.? You know, the guys who at one point were projected to be top-15 picks, but didn't perform up to expectations.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I don’t know what is in his head. It’s more about what he thinks he’s gonna get.

DeAngelo also has 3 RFA years left

So who are this year's St. Croix, McColgan, Aaltonen, etc.? You know, the guys who at one point were projected to be top-15 picks, but didn't perform up to expectations.

A couple players who were ranked pretty high early on:

Kasper Simontaival
Justin Barron
Antonio Stranges
Jean-Luc Foudy
Jaromir Pytlik
Connor McClennon
Theo Rochette

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Three trade proposals and a lineup:

Henrik agrees to be a backup until the end of his contract (i.e. next year).
Marc Staal is bought out.
Jesper Fast walks.

1. Tony Deangelo and Brendan Smith to the Golden Knights for Paul Stastny, Peyton Krebs, and an unprotected first round pick in 2022.

2. Alex Georgiev and Ryan Strome to the Flames for Elias Lindholm

3. Pavel Buchnevich, Libor Hajek and Lias Andersson to the Oilers for Darnell Nurse and Jesse Puljujarvi

2020 Lineup:

Panarin-Zibanejad-Lindholm
Lafreniere-Stastny-Kakko
Kreider-Chytil-Kravtsov
Lemieux-Howden-Gauthier

Nurse-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox
Reunanen/K'Andre-van Riemsdyk (signed)

Igor
Henrik

Thoughts?

If you want my complete honesty, I hate every single one of these trades for the Rangers. Aside from the Lindholm one which CGY wouldn’t take.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I don't think there's a chance he gets near 8M so he's definitely going to be cheaper. I'd imagine somewhere between 5.5-6M. Similar to what Barrie got when he was 24.

That figure for anything longer than a 4 year deal would be an absolute steal.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The more I frame my thoughts by reading other posts and via responses I post (or just formulate them without posting), the more I come to conclusion that Gorton’s priorities should start with LD (1 or 2), and the most straight forward way is via moving ADA (one way or another).

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA

Add Sean Day to that list as well. Rangers are notorious for taking those types of players

DeAngelo also has 3 RFA years left

A couple players who were ranked pretty high early on:

Kasper Simontaival
Justin Barron
Antonio Stranges
Jean-Luc Foudy
Jaromir Pytlik
Connor McClennon
Theo Rochette

I could see Stranges as a player the Rangers would target. Super skilled and great skater. Just a trainwreck when the pucks not on his stick

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I could see Stranges as a player the Rangers would target. Super skilled and great skater. Just a trainwreck when the pucks not on his stick

If they value skating, Dawson Mercer seems like a logical target. How likely is it the Rangers go with a player from the Q, though? Lafreniere is a given, but it's been 43 years

Reactions: Leetch3

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Add Sean Day to that list as well. Rangers are notorious for taking those types of players

Day is due a breakout season after signing with TB.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
If they value skating, Dawson Mercer seems like a logical target. How likely is it the Rangers go with a player from the Q, though? Lafreniere is a given, but it's been 43 years

I think not drafting from the Q is more noticed by the fans and is a coincidence from the team standpoint. I don’t think they care if its the BPA on their list...

I would chuckle though after all the jokes if we get a bunch of players from the Q

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think not drafting from the Q is more noticed by the fans and is a coincidence from the team standpoint. I don’t think they care if its the BPA on their list...

I would chuckle though after all the jokes if we get a bunch of players from the Q

It's a pretty strong year for the Q so I wouldn't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad